FUCK!! THIS ARE MANLY TEARS YOU HEAR?? cries uncontrollably

Ah... That was... sad...

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

true...
this was really sad, on par with the end of disc1 of final fantasy 7

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Poor Utsuho. She just wanted to make everybody smile. Instead she loses everything trying to protect Shitori, even being kicked while she's down by Orin coming back just to let her know she hates her.

Dark and edgy usually means "badly written", but this is one tale that manages to be a work of art.

joined Sep 7, 2017

...I still don't understand what happened to Satori. Was she truly dead? Or she lived in Koishi at this point? Ahhhhh, how I wish this doujin have book 2.How magnificent, how thrilling, how heartbreaking!

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

.... Well goddamnit Kanako! You just had to tempt Utsuho to act as a safety pin for your plan. Shit... now not only is Satori gone but Orin just utterly hates her. Also at the same time the entirety of Gensokyo probably hates on Utsuho as well due to the atrocities she caused with that nuclear explosion. Well hey at least Koishi is alive and is with her. But still... damn

Nevertheless this is a great doujin in portraying the tragedy that innocence can bring when you are manipulated by others, usually for their own personal ambition. For the end goal to improve the lives of those you love to not only end up becoming unachieved but also instead ruining the lives of those very same people.

...I still don't understand what happened to Satori. Was she truly dead? Or she lived in Koishi at this point?

Honestly I believe that Satori had already died as shown here [https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/utsuho_of_the_void_ch05#13].

Though it is also likely that she isn't completely dead since she isn't to be like Orin that's hanging about Hakugyokurou like Orin... so maybe she's now in Old Hell except well she's dead. I don't really know much about the lore of Touhou to make an precise judgement about this. Although I would say that if Satori were to still be alive it is likely Orin would also be with her as well. keep in mind that this is just my guess :p.

To reply you must either login or sign up.