Forum › Mermaids Lovers discussion

joined Apr 1, 2013

Ignoring the posting about Nazi's, I specifically made an account to come and whine about how garbage this manga is.

It carries every trope in the book that you could possibly imagine and worse.
-Chicks with oversized big boobs
-HIGH SCHOOL chicks with oversized boobs
--Supernatural high school chicks with oversized boobs
---Chicks that have their butts or boobs exposed every chance the authors get.
----big boobed crime fighters that that use hand to hand fighting and a sword to beat up assassins with guns.

Bad writing and cringey material made this more of a comedic experience than anything else. The art is good, but much like the Nazi regime, it was used for horrible things.

You do realise this site is a yuri manga website right... so big boobs and booty are bound to be shown
also the tagg Ecchi didnt hint to you that it might have big boobs and booty shown? without the boobs and booty this manga wouldnt be classified as a yuri manga, cant have a good read without it. The artist drawings are beautiful it compliments with the story and the action involved. Since its only 1 chapter i think you should give it some time, wait until a few more chapters release before you make false judgement. If your so against boobs and ass why read/watch manga on a yuri website then? How is it poorly written? there's not a lot of plot due to it being the first introductory chapter basically this was a filler chapter. Also i feel like the highschool factor is merely a cover-up because they are secretly working as security guards.

Meh. I say go all the way or knock it off with panels solely composed of some highschoolers panties trying to pass this off as some action series.

Also Yuri does not equal big boobs and fan service. I have no idea why you need panty shots to convince you that its a your manga.

I understand your point of view,
for example Girlfriends manga has no fanservice but that's a completely different genre.
This manga is going for fanservice hence the ecchi tags.. I never implied that yuri cant come in different ways? i was just stating that without the ecchi in this particular manga it wouldnt be a good read. I have read plenty of manga which involves slice of life yuri manga with zero fanservice/panty shots and ended up being great. Also please bear in-mind, this author has another series which is a yuri slice of life vampire school life manga too and its great. It seems this author prefers to fanservice their audience, which i have no issues with aslong as the content isnt too overboard.
Iv seen lots of fansevice manga that can be extremely trashy or way too much. But its your own opinion on how you see the manga. I just wasn't sure as to why you hated this manga right off the bat when it has only 1 chapter so far. That's all.

joined Jan 8, 2016

So we really are just gonna get all chummy with the dudes who were too Nazi for fucking 4chan. Well then

Both sides are terrible, no amount of nazi calling changes that, I speak for the actions that were taken here specifically. You can witness yourself how it went over on the other side, thankfully there didn't seem to be anything removed there.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

What other side? The place that formed a year or two back specifically to be a safe space for Nazis?

joined Aug 10, 2016

I just came here to make a joke about how that last girl looks like Cirno, and its another nazi triggering debate.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Edit, I still have no idea where this threaten and bully idea is coming from, after being accused of absolutly anything in the book, they considered just pulling the whole thing because of the negative feedback they got when they actually asked for a reason, so yeah, quite hypocritical..

they considered pulling the whole thing because their attempts to talk it out amicably were deleted within seconds. they kept trying maybe an hour, and it was several people. mod only allowed criticism of them, not defenses, and you can see people itt demanding all of their mangas be removed

the options were get pushed around or leave, and big surprise when they try to leave the mods are magically willing to listen. it's to be expected that chan people get upset when censored since they are used to being able to talk about any subject, no matter how contentious (and yet they were the ones being polite here, go figure). it's completely fucking insane that we now have image standards for piracy groups who are explicitly translating out of passion and sharing their work out of good will

this is a much more serious problem than "negative feedback" its people claiming they would rather have no yuri than let go of politics just for five minutes. why in the world would anyone do charity work for such ungrateful people who scream bloody murder every time you give them a free gift, and it wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt being enabled by staff who willfully insert politics into the discussion and take sides

its this stupid drama that chased people off of /u/ in the first place, nothing to do with 8chan/u/ being "too hot to handle even for 4chan" they extended the olive branch to you and you spit in their faces, why cant you all just let this go

OR they can just not use the literal Nazi emblem. Don't know what that's so hard? It's not like they paid for trademark or anything. Just stop it with the old Nazi memes, why is that so hard?

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

So now that the same group of people that want nazi shit on this site are now spamming the thread with transphobic horseshit to be 2EDGY5U I wonder if they're still worth keeping on the site

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

OR they can just not use the literal Nazi emblem. Don't know what that's so hard? It's not like they paid for trademark or anything. Just stop it with the old Nazi memes, why is that so hard?

maybe you would have your answer if it was not deleted

No, I read it before it was deleted and it still didn't explain it. I even replied to their reasoning and my post got deleted too. The 8chan guy said that the symbol goes beyond Nazi Germany, which was a bold faced lie. Their symbol is literally the Nazi emblem, they just replaced the swastika with their two headed snake thing. Then they said that it was just an ironic meme, which, like all memes, needs to die eventually.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

It's like super easy to not be a nazi and not use nazi symbols.

And if you try and cover it up with "Well technically it's not just a nazi thing" WHEN THAT'S CLEARLY THE CONTEXT IN WHICH YOU ARE USING IT what with the whole ubermensch thing, then that tells me it's not really ironic nazism at all.

Fucking pathetic that Casusby thinks a handful of translated works are worth this fucking horseshit.

joined Dec 10, 2014

the scanlators are somehow the bad guys in this, what brilliant logic.

yes, because THEY'RE NAZIS you incompetent, craven toad

joined Dec 10, 2014

you intentionally left out the part about how it is an in-joke on the website and an important identifier for an 8chan based group

IF YOU IDENTIFY YOURSELF USING NAZI EMBLEMS YOU ARE A NAZI

OR AT LEAST ARE PERFECTLY FINE WITH BEING SEEN AS SUCH

AND IN EITHER CASE FUCK YOU

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

The fortunate thing, for now, is Dynasty was wise enough to not listen to the loud minority, who, ironically enough, acts more like a Nazi.

joined Dec 10, 2014

The fortunate thing, for now, is Dynasty was wise enough to not listen to the loud minority, who, ironically enough, acts more like a Nazi.

shut the fuck up you dumb motherfucker

you literally know nothing about "how nazis acted" so you think rejecting nazism is what nazis would do?

what the fuck is wrong with you

who raised you

they fucked up

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

shut the fuck up you dumb motherfucker

you literally know nothing about "how nazis acted" so you think rejecting nazism is what nazis would do?

what the fuck is wrong with you

who raised you

they fucked up

Wew, lad (ladess?). Stop being a Nazi.

joined Dec 10, 2014

kind of like how you identify yourself with a 4chan nazi symbol from gamergate

i mean when i appropriated this handle to get on GG nerves that group hadn't gone /full nazi/ quite yet but hey if the mods wanna take this opportunity to change my username to Usacchi I certainly would have no objections

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

you intentionally left out the part about how it is an in-joke on the website and an important identifier for an 8chan based group. moreover, do you normally order around complete strangers like they are your property? do they normally listen? they are trying to do a nice thing for you and you try to dictate the terms, it's not even a matter of what their opinions are they acted completely in good faith and you are just trying to start fights

this is absolute not a mutual thing, you are the ones trying to start arguments and bully them off the site. it's bad enough that you are a small community and they are trying to hold you together, it's not even "take what you can get" they do good work and they do it for your sake. how in the world can you reaction be you are ok with less yuri being translated and mangas being removed from the site??? your priorities are completely fucked up and you are thinking about politics

these people are your friends

First off, I initially didn't care about the credit page or the shitty joke. But their explanation for why they used it and refuse to remove it was just offensive, like they didn't think we were smart enough to do a simple Google search.

Haha I got to love that telling them that their Nazi based memes are garbage is equivalent to bullying them. If they are dead set on sticking to ironic nazism then I might as well wait for other scanlating groups to do it. Scanlating groups come and go, it's not like these guys are a huge group with a catalog of amazing series that I can't live without.

And, no, they are not my friends. A friend wouldn't keep on repeating the same tired offensive joke if I asked them to stop.

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

Wew, lad (ladess?). Stop being a Nazi.

lad

Wew, did you just assume /his/ gender?

joined Dec 10, 2014

So Casusby and Nez now that I'm getting targeted transphobic harassment is that enough to convince you that MAYBE NAZIS AND THEIR SYMPATHIZERS ARE BAD or are the nazis worth more than not allowing transphobia on this site

cuz really where do you fucking draw the line if you're gonna cave in to whatever dipshit demands these edgelord fucksticks are gonna make

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

kicked a downed man with foul language and harassment

justice, fuck them nazis!

they fight back

I'm being harassed! The gas chambers are coming! Hide the genderless kids!!!

Par for the course

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 11:31AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Haha I got to love that telling them that their Nazi based memes are garbage is equivalent to bullying them.

i only used that term in reply to someone else who brought it up. these things can be a little confusing when you take them out of context, maybe try not to do that

You quoted me, so why wouldn't I assume that you were replying to me?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You quoted me, so why wouldn't I assume that you were replying to me?

why even bother making this excuse, i was there for the whole discussion and so were you. this gaslighting stuff is really weak, you can have a mulligan just try something else. read again if you can't keep track of what you are arguing about

The irony. I replied directly to you, you replied directly to me, and now you want to talk about some bullshit "context" for this "bullying" claim someone made that has absolutely nothing to do with anything that I said just so you don't have to come up with some bullshit excuse to steer the conversation away from my initial point.

The 8chan guy got caught in a lie stating that the symbol goes beyond Nazi Germany, that's what ticked me off and you have no actual defense for it.

I don't even agree with VivianGames and with how they are reacting. But when 8chan threatens to remove all their content because they're so dead set on this ironic nazi shit it's just as childish. Sometimes people need to grow up and realize that stupid jokes that cause reactions and backlash like this just aren't worth the effort.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 11:41AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

the scanlators are somehow the bad guys in this, what brilliant logic.

yes, because THEY'RE NAZIS you incompetent, craven toad

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5886-forum-rules?page=1#forum_post_70823

Can I refer you to rule number #1.

Goodbye.

joined Dec 10, 2014

Yeah, and the girls und panzer credits pages are awful nazi shit that should be removed too.

NAZI SHIT SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED

if you cant understand something so fucking basic you are a failure as a person

joined Dec 10, 2014

kicked a downed man with foul language and harassment

justice, fuck them nazis!

they fight back

I'm being harassed! The gas chambers are coming! Hide the genderless kids!!!

Par for the course

nazis and their sympathizers deserve what they get

we used to deal with them much more harshly than we do nowadays

in that context im being absolutely pleasant

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The 8chan guy got caught in a lie stating that the symbol goes beyond Nazi Germany, that's what ticked me off and you have no actual defense for it.

i have no idea how that is a lie and you have not explained how either, but that's easy for you to say when the comment is deleted and no one can review it. i also have no idea why that would be an issue for you even if it were true, considering you keep saying they are being edgy

why does being edgy bother you, o' yurifag? that's right it doesn't this is just an excuse for you to make a political statement, all the while claiming that was done to you. the jew cries out in pain as he strikes you

Is this real life? Why is your reading comprehension so terrible? How many times do I have to repeat myself before you understand?

I initially didn't care about the credit page, even called out VivianGames for being a hypocrite. What I cared about is 8chan scanlations lying about the symbol as a defense for it. And you are going to sit here and act like they didn't say that even though you just replied stating that it wasn't their only defense for the use of the symbol? You already admitted that they used that lie in their now deleted comment, and now you are going to sit here and act like I'm making the whole thing up? And you want to accuse me of gaslighting? HAHA

And I didn't explain it? Literally Google "Nazi Germany". Nevermind, let me do it for you. Here you go. Now compare the official Nazi emblem to 8chan's symbol. Literally the same thing except they edited out the swastika for their double headed snake thing. I guess the swastika is where they cease their ironic nazi meme.

This topic has been locked.