Forum › RIP Binbou Scans (NEWS)

We are still unclear as to exactly why these releases are not allowed.

I suppose to clear this up a bit, I'll say a bit more at the risk of making things more awkward. Dynasty's wish to keep my work here is a big part of it.

You say "we respected your general wishes," but I'm not sure what you mean by this. My only wish for DMT was help getting chapters out. Help that I would get for very short periods of time that would disappear almost immediately for various reasons.

You say "scanlation [is] a by the community, for the community process which we also happen to enjoy participating in," but so do I. Why else would I feel that I've been rejected by this community when another member of it makes false assumptions about what I'm doing in it and spreads that to the rest of the community? Of course I would, and in addition to everything else going on with me of course I'd want to remove myself from it.

In the process of doing that, a member of Dynasty had to deal with me at my worst. Part of being able to keep the things I've worked on uploaded here was removing those chapters. Them being uploaded here was the final catalyst for my feeling rejected by this community. If you had the context of my personal issues, maybe there'd be more of an understanding of why I felt this way, but I won't be getting into that.

So, I'm glad to see people that will miss me and what I was doing. I'm glad to see people that are "standing by me." I'm even glad to see people call this whole thing stupid. It really is stupid, and it sucks that something this stupid is still important to me.

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Dynasty's wish to keep my work here is a big part of it.

You... coerced Dynasty into taking down another group's work? It was their scripts for those later DMTs... right?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Just to make sure. You are against any group putting DMT here if they are using your raws and/or script right?

Just to make sure. You are against any group putting DMT here if they are using your raws and/or script right?

For the time being, yes.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well that sounds just...stupid.

I pay for roughly 500+ doujinshi a year. You do not know the limits of this stupidity. It goes deeper than you could ever imagine.

I am barely able to pay for a Light Novel in 2 months. Just how much you pay?!

^ too much

Unless Mai has more to say, I'll stop tracking this thread. I'm not entirely sure we're on the same page like they wanted after all was said.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

3000 yuri that will remain untranslated, this hurts more than a silver arrow piercing my yuri lover heart.

Take away collecting things that were already translated (Takemiya Jin, Shuninta, etc.) and non-yuri, maybe more like 1800. Bring it down to 1400 for yuri that isn't complete trash (those are the best ones though imo). The original yuri doujinshi market has some interesting hidden gems, but there's a lot of it that ranges from good to mediocre.

And some of those are Takemiya Jin works that are still waiting be translated...

Seriously, Shadow and I are both really grateful for those doujins, and we feel bad that we haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet. They will definitely be done at some point, but in the meantime we just wanted to say that it was awesome working with you.

^ Glad to hear it...kind of unfortunate that she re-released most of her old works recently making some of my scans redundant, haha.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Dynasty's wish to keep my work here is a big part of it.

You... coerced Dynasty into taking down another group's work? It was their scripts for those later DMTs... right?

Yeah, I'm also curious about that. If Mai didn't use Arckuno's scripts, so why Dynasty removed them? And why Dynasty refuse to upload other Ajiichi's doujins scanlated by Mai?

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

^ Glad to hear it...kind of unfortunate that she re-released most of her old works recently making some of my scans redundant, haha.

Yeah we noticed that too... I mean, on the one hand it's nice to see stuff re-released, but on the other, all that work...

We're will still using your scans, though, since we already have them and they're probably(?) clean.

last edited at Feb 24, 2017 7:18PM

Well, it'll come out eventually. Not like it hasn't been worked on in a year...

Confirmed with Mai, so I will be leaving it here. We'll just assume everything is square, and we all know what it means to assume.

Goodnight everybody.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh boy, scanlator drama is best drama.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Honestly both sides of this argument sound extremely petty and childish to me, starting to wonder why I come to this site when every few months there's some drama going on so "oops have to take down all these chapters now, you wanted them translated? too bad do so yourself or go to the multiple other sites that keep the chapters up so they dont get lost on the net"

Actually I might do it myself, better that than wait a hundred years for a chapter I have the money lying around for some raws.....

To reply you must either login or sign up.