Forum › Christa x Ymir discussion

joined Jul 5, 2014

So they were actually made canon huh, wish more producers would grow a pair of balls ;o

joined Sep 4, 2014

Riigghhtt well legend of korra did
Yumikuri is love
Yumikuri is life

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

Yumikuri love
pls let the ship end happily in the series

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

So they were actually made canon huh, wish more producers would grow a pair of balls ;o

well i hope that they show that it's canon in season 2

last edited at Dec 30, 2016 6:20PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

this is actually canon?

Yes, at the series panel for Animagic 2014, producer George Wada confirmed that Ymir and Krista are a couple.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So has anyone read the latest chapter (93) yet? Any thoughts?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

It does not look good for our dear Ymir. Hopefully she'll have survived somehow...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It does not look good for our dear Ymir. Hopefully she'll have survived somehow...

Someone raised a rather mind-boggling question on another forum: if Ymir somehow took over the new guy's mind and, more pertinently, body (like King Fritz did with Uri and Frieda), what would that mean for the Yumikuri ship?

last edited at May 1, 2017 2:59PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Someone raised a rather mind-boggling question on another forum: if Ymir somehow took over the new guy's mind and, more pertinently, body (like King Fritz did with Uri and Frieda), what would that mean for the Yumikuri ship?

Oooh never thought about it that way....but until then rip Ymir

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Soooo, would anyone mind explaining what happened to Ymir? I'm interested in Yumikuri but not nearly enough to actually read AOT. Also, is the yuri dead if she actually took over that... guy's body? I guess it'd still be Ymir, but, still, canonizing the ship after Ymir takes control of some dude's answer seems like a massive copout to me...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Soooo, would anyone mind explaining what happened to Ymir? I'm interested in Yumikuri but not nearly enough to actually read AOT. Also, is the yuri dead if she actually took over that... guy's body? I guess it'd still be Ymir, but, still, canonizing the ship after Ymir takes control of some dude's answer seems like a massive copout to me...

We have not been shown exactly what happened to her yet, but the situation is as follows: she was last seen in person 40+ chapters ago, where she left the Walls with two outside infiltrators, trading herself for Christa (the infiltrators were after Christa's royal blood, but had to make do with the less important Titan shifting power that she originally stole from them in the first place). After not hearing anything from her for three RL years, we then saw one of the infiltrators come back and bring a letter from Ymir to Christa, where she basically confessed to her, but also revealed that she will be executed soon. Now, in the most recent chapter, we meet the guy who inherited her Titan power, as well as see his flashback of her being prepped for "execution": the way "inheriting" Titan powers works in the setting is that a person is left alone in a room with a bound Titan shifter and is then turned into a regular, mindless Titan, so the first thing he does is devour the old Titan shifter, getting her powers. Judging by the fact that the new guy has already displayed his Titan shifting abilities, Ymir has, indeed, been devoured by him (and we obviously don't know of any cases of a Titan shifter physically surviving the process of passing on their powers).

last edited at May 2, 2017 2:00AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.