Forum › Akagi-san Cannot Dream discussion

joined Dec 15, 2013

Yeahh!!! Akagi San x Kaga San

joined Aug 24, 2013

...Dat bottle!

joined Nov 11, 2010

Dang, that was sweet, I really liked it. I also liked the execution of the dreamlike symbolism and imagery; this was a pretty creative storyline. Kantai Collection doesn't seem to have inspired that many deeper, character-oriented fan works yet, but I look forward to explorative stuff like this expanding with things like the continuing manga or anime.

joined Aug 24, 2013

... Kantai Collection...

Btw, this "Kantai Collection" thing, is it a manga or anime or game? I searched quite a bit and found only something like a card game. Does it have stories beside doujins?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

... Kantai Collection...

Btw, this "Kantai Collection" thing, is it a manga or anime or game? I searched quite a bit and found only something like a card game. Does it have stories beside doujins?

It's an online card-game thing, but there's a number of manga spinoffs. Of which two have been getting translated

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

While I'm rereading older stories from time to time, I came across this story.

Maybe I'm just thinking to much but since the girl Akagi saw in her dreams wasn't Kaga but hat the typical carrier outfit, wouldn't that mean that was actually Amagi? Her sister that was intended to be an aircraft carrier with her, but was destroyed before and thus never had a chance to meet her sister? Hence the empty speech bubbles and the pinky promise only for Akagi to understand to maybe to meet again one day? Hence the last sentence "she was there for me?" WAS instead of IS because Kaga IS there for her, Amagi was since she ain't no more...

Rather than a "sweet" story like mentioned before, this is really really sad... =(

last edited at Nov 18, 2015 12:21PM

934c158f-6d10-4800-a176-151cb1c96d1b
joined Dec 23, 2019

Akaga drama doujins are always well structured.

To reply you must either login or sign up.