Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Momo totally had Charlotte wrapped around her little finger in the anime, too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It's pretty amusing to see other people's impressions of the characters. The Bhikkhuni cast in this case

In terms of personality

Rinka: Asuka from Senran Kagura

Ranka: siscon lesbian that only cared about Rinka at first but befriends other characters

Momo: edgy brat that can't go one sentence without telling another character that she'll kill them, gets de-edged halfway through the story and becomes friends with Rinka, Ranka and Manpukumaru

Mana: Starts off as a gentle girl that helps everyone out in day to day tasks but due to Momo being extremely uncooperative as a partner she's forced to go partner hunting and goes power hungry over the course of the story, trying to climb through the ranks no matter the means

Manpukumaru: wild card of the story, partners up with anyone for food and befriends Momo. Surprisingly funny most of the time unlike Minori from Senran Kagura despite sharing her obsession with food.

Viola: Acts like a queen because she's "Elite", obsessed with Koharu who is her rival but secretly (well not really secret) just has a lesbian boner for her.

Koharu: Top of the class student, class rep type character that's an extreme lawfag that values peace above all else and for part of the story searches for a partner strong enough to use her power to the fullest. Eventually partners with Viola.

Echigoya: non playable character that's the merchant, has plenty of dialogue in the story.

Also, a rare western fanart of the Kagurazakas

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

A bunch of cute little fics about the series

http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Valkyrie%20Drive:%20Mermaid/works

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I wanted to read those impressions but I shouldnt, im not done yet TTvTT
Also it was mentioned here that after Momo, iirc, Mana was the best girl. I'm only halfway through the story, where Mana's just a huge pretentious bitch, im assuming this means she gets incredible positive character development because rn I cant lmao, I hate her so much xD She used to seem nice but then reading her dialogues/monologues became more and more awkward as she became more and more double faced, and rn she's just straight up pretentious and rude
Tho I definitely see why Momo is very well liked, she has a cool style/design, and it might be the contrast from her initial cold and harsh attitude, but she's kinder/more caring now, its nice/probably moe

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 3:23PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I love Echigoya's voice. And Viola's. Yu Kobayashi is great, altough I prefer her "crazy" voice, like when she voices Katsuragi (Senran Kagura) or Sachan (Gintama).

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wanted to read those impressions but I shouldnt, im not done yet TTvTT
Also it was mentioned here that after Momo, iirc, Mana was the best girl. I'm only halfway through the story, where Mana's just a huge pretentious bitch, im assuming this means she gets incredible positive character development because rn I cant lmao, I hate her so much xD She used to seem nice but then reading her dialogues/monologues became more and more awkward as she became more and more double faced, and rn she's just straight up pretentious and rude
Tho I definitely see why Momo is very well liked, she has a cool style/design, and it might be the contrast from her initial cold and harsh attitude, but she's kinder/more caring now, its nice/probably moe

Yeah, to fully appreciate Mana you have to see her full development through the two different routes. In my opinion, Chaos gives her more development than Order but YMMV

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah, to fully appreciate Mana you have to see her full development through the two different routes. In my opinion, Chaos gives her more development than Order but YMMV

There are different routes? O_O
I was tempted to look it up, but I guess I'll just play it like usual/whatever and check it out later
But wow shit I didn't know there were different routes, I wonder what triggers them, the story/gameplay seems pretty linear (im at the point right after Koharu becomes a playable character). It makes me feel a bit worried.anxious

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 9:58PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah, the game has two different ending routes that spawn from Drive 16. Each route is four drives long.

You trigger the True ending route (Order) by getting SS rank on specific missions through the game. Luckily the game is kind enough to tell you what missions are those after finishing the Chaos route.

joined Sep 21, 2014

What if I already have? If the SS ranking on certain missions get you the Order route, could it be possible to miss the Chaos route? o-o

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It would lock you on the order route until you finish it but then, the chaos stages are simply added to the mission select menu.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I see I see, no need to worry then ^^
I've more or less been consistent with trying to get the top ranking with each Drive parts
Have you gotten all the fragments/chest guards/secret missions?
I missed the first fragment when I did (and redid like 3 times) the first Koharu-liberator mission, @Drive 9B, still can't find it
Is there a thread/list compiling all those locations? It's pretty annoying to redo stages and walk everywhere you can possibly go just in case ;n;

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 2:10AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You can check this thread

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/144567-valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni/74415671

IIRC correctly the first fragment is in the first area, either in the door frame just behind you at the start or in the small garden in the middle.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Good news! The final 2 OVAS have finally been subbed

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=881670
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=881669

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'd have to say Senran Kagura because of Yagyuu and Hibari.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aw crap, Mana Wara had one member of her family hospitalized and couldn't give as much focus to Bhikkhuni's Bikini Party Edition as she would've liked. According to GT at least

My family member has been discharged from the hospital safely, and it seems that the year-end and new year will be greeted calmly as it is.

During November - December, I was busy with the hospital coming and going, and I wasn't able to take a break.

It was that I could hardly proceed with making a new comment page of "Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni" http://manaweb.net/ja/art/valkyrie-drive/

I will write so it will be late for publication this year, but I will write to Mr. Marvelous

"I want to make a making of commentary page for Bhikkhuni!"

"Ok"

Because I was replying, I was sneaking up under the surface of the water secretly.

However, as soon as the hospital procedure started, something started, it stopped.

I will write so it will be late for publication this year,

Although I got the OK with a lot of time (> _ <.), I feel happy. In January the full version of Bhikkhuni will be released and I love it so much that I'm thinking I should be able to do something for those who like Bhikkhuni as much as I do ^ ^

https://twitter.com/Mana_Wara/status/812651690495070208

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

MIREI Mandy Lane
MAMORI Kayla Hardwick
AKIRA Janelle Lutz
KASUMI Roseanne Palmer
CHARLOTTE Monica Rial
MEIFENG Brittney Karbowski
RAIN Cecilia Higginbotham
MIYASATO Haley Esposito
KOUZUKI Sara Ragsdale
SAEJIMA Terri Doty

Synopsis: After adorable “mermaid” Mamori is transferred to one of five artificial islands, she’s cornered, attacked and eventually saved by another beautiful transfer named Mirei. Unfortunately, even after the girl intervenes, Mamori’s attackers refuse to let up. Just when they think all hope is lost, Mirei and Mamori share a passionate kiss that turns the little “mermaid” into a powerful sword in this new show from series composer Yousuke Kuroda (High School of the Dead, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) and ARMS studio (Ikki Tousen, Queen’s Blade, Elfen Leid).

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/01/01/valkyrie-drive-mermaid-and-aria-the-scarlett-ammo-aa-english-cast-announcement/

joined Oct 4, 2016

wat

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is possible a lot of those VAs are merely pseudonyms. Word on street is that "Mandy Lane" is in fact Morgan Garret

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh yeah

http://shop.funimation.com/Complete-Series_16

last edited at Jan 16, 2017 4:53PM

joined Oct 4, 2016

Censored (with the annoying light beams) or no?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Should be the uncensored version

joined Oct 4, 2016

Mamori's gonna turn into a sword if they keep that up.

Also, I posted another Saejima x Ichiha commission, if you haven't already seen it. Since you seem to be the only person who gives a shit, I figured I'd at least mention it. ^_^;

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'd love to see it. Got a link?

To reply you must either login or sign up.