Forum › I’m Not Saying I’m Not Into It, But discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thing I like about RinMaki and MakiPana stories is how each of them short-circuit Maki's tsundere front in different ways. Rin, who never has bad intentions, just blows by her defenses as if they weren't there, and Maki gets thrown out of the script and forced to actually look at her partner. In the case of Hanayo pairings, it's more that her shyness triggers Maki's protective urges, and she ends up not needing to defend her heart, allowing her partner to just walk in.

The contrast between the two approaches really makes both of them my favourite pairings for Maki. I know people love that rigid tsundere archetype, but to me what makes a satisfying romance is someone managing to get her past that and into a real mutual relationship. Which is why in this story, the conversation with Nozomi really makes a difference.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Rankarana posted:
also forceful partners are kinda hot lmao. this reads more like BL than het imho

You are so on-point. Read the credit page. :D

Also, thanks for the thoughts, Nezchan. That actually convinced me to read my first...uh, how do I call this ship? My first Rin x Maki doujin. It's a pretty good read,and I have to agree with the credits page when they said Rin went full on BL seme. I don't see this stuff that often, so it was pretty cool to see it here from Rin.

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 11:04AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Mizusi posted:
Oh, it's that one dude that makes all the Futa Rin doujins. Is this even Yuri if she's a futa here too? I sure wouldn't consider something yaoi if one of the two dudes had a vagina.

I had to re-check just to be absolutely sure, but I don't see any penis in there. A-are you just assuming she has one because the author possibly (I don't know this author) drew mostly futanari before?

joined Apr 12, 2014

This was cute but I [INSIST ON PROMOTING MY OTP IN INAPPROPRIATE PLACES] more

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 12:38PM by Nezchan

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Uh, you might want to change that before the mod gets wind of this.

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 11:58AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I had to re-check just to be absolutely sure, but I don't see any penis in there. A-are you just assuming she has one because the author possibly (I don't know this author) drew mostly futanari before?

I was assuming it indeed, not officially stating anything, though, as we had no proof of dicks anywhere else in this one. Doesn't help that there wasn't a single page where Rin had no clothes on (despite there being a sight of small breasts). But yeah, I doubt Rin is an actual girl here, too.

Dude, stop. Please.

984ee08ca42d308f9bdaa33a06c653e7
joined Dec 24, 2015

Love these little OTP wars's censoring :3
Also about Rin being futa. In real life, you're a girl if you feel and identifie as one, even if you have a penis. In most doujins though, futa are usually used to have some het-type hentai scene without putting in a male, but it's still not nice to denie the existence of some people.. (idk if what I said was intelligible but I really wanted to say this)

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 1:09PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This one sucked but comment section is just perfection. MakiRin and MakiPana is my favorite too and this author's previous work was also good but I didn't like this.
The one who changed makinicos is the God, bless you .

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, it's that one dude that makes all the Futa Rin doujins. Is this even Yuri if she's a futa here too? I sure wouldn't consider something yaoi if one of the two dudes had a vagina.

Just noting for the "why isn't she futa" crowd, that this was done the year before the futa doujin with the two of them on the reader, and in fact in the author's note they mention that this was the first lewd story they'd done. So you can't take the other story as precedent since it didn't exist when this was made.

Screen%20shot%202015-01-02%20at%2011.59.56%20pm
joined Jun 4, 2015

This felt weird and emotionally manipulative

This is weird and transphobic

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Oh my gosh rin looked kind of sexy , rin being the dominant was something unexpected for me

Is my first time reading maki x rin and sure was entertaning , this author manages the history very well since the beggining

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

also forceful partners are kinda hot lmao. this reads more like BL than het imho

You are so on-point. Read the credit page. :D

i wrote that page!! but good to see others agree

i absolutely would and if you wouldn't you're wrong. alt a fujo because they're just as bad as yuri fans sometimes

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 3:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And the above comment is why I said stop, it was obviously a trainwreck in action. You get a day off from the forums for your trouble, Mizusi.

14729112_1822140911401358_566692425291691896_n
joined Nov 24, 2016

RinMaki is a pretty interesting shipping. I'm used to all the intense NicoMaki, but seeing Rin as Maki's partner does a great job examining what Maki's fears are through another lens of a so-called unconventional lover. (Since Rin is obviously very straight forward about her intention)

It was...a decent doujinshi? I liked it.

joined Nov 24, 2016

Jesus fuck, why is this fandom so crazy about x ship not being in y doujins? Artists have this thing called preferences you know? The western side of the ll fandom needs to be nuked into oblivion, one of the most shittiest fandoms ever.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tsubaka posted:

Jesus fuck, why is this fandom so crazy about x ship not being in y doujins? Artists have this thing called preferences you know? The western side of the ll fandom needs to be nuked into oblivion, one of the most shittiest fandoms ever.

It isn't even about preferences. Some people just take the "canon" ships and OTPs too serious.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

the irony is that nico and maki talk maybe three times tops in the anime and nozonico/hononico are way more believable (I actually really like nicomaki but. jeez)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rankarana posted:

the irony is that nico and maki talk maybe three times tops in the anime and nozonico/hononico are way more believable (I actually really like nicomaki but. jeez)

I only watched 7 episodes, but in them Maki x Rin, Nico x Nozomi had imo way more chemistry.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If anything, the first season pushed HonoMaki. And well, I wrote NozoNico fanfic, so I guess I have a little bias (not that I'm inflexible on the matter).

More than that, Nico in the anime is so different from Nico in the manga they might as well be two different characters. Well, everyone is different but it's pretty dramatic in Nico's case; her whole role in the story is different. Rin and Hanayo, on the other hand, remain pretty stable, and the big difference with Maki is her relationship with her parents.

joined Nov 24, 2016

I didn't even know NicoMaki was a thing when I was watching the anime, they barely ever had any scenes or any type of closeness that would be deemed ship worthy imo. Tsun x tsun couples just never appealed to me no matter how many times I try to give them a chance.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

More than that, Nico in the anime is so different from Nico in the manga they might as well be two different characters. Well, everyone is different but it's pretty dramatic in Nico's case; her whole role in the story is different. Rin and Hanayo, on the other hand, remain pretty stable, and the big difference with Maki is her relationship with her parents.

ohhh i LOVE manga nicomaki. World's Strongest Idol Shitheads couple is amazing; sadly nothing seems to actually base itself off the manga etc

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I didn't even know NicoMaki was a thing when I was watching the anime, they barely ever had any scenes or any type of closeness that would be deemed ship worthy imo. Tsun x tsun couples just never appealed to me no matter how many times I try to give them a chance.

Most people point to one scene in the second season where they're shown standing near each other in street clothes in the evening, and people were all like "THEY'RE ON A DATE!" And then...barely acknowledged each others' existence the rest of the time. NicoPana gets more support, given their common interest/obsession.

I've talked about that before, I'm all about contrast. in art as in writing, you want complementary types. You see it all the time in manga: tall/short, dark hair/blonde, sporty/brainy, active/passive, and so on. Putting tsun and tsun together, and all you get is a headbutting contest. One of them has to break character and let the defenses down, or it's hard to get anywhere. I'd rather see tsun/oblivious (MakiRin), tsun/sweet (MakiPana), or tsun/open (MakiHono) as a result.

joined Nov 24, 2016

Most people point to one scene in the second season where they're shown standing near each other in street clothes in the evening, and people were all like "THEY'RE ON A DATE!" And then...barely acknowledged each others' existence the rest of the time. NicoPana gets more support, given their common interest/obsession.

I've talked about that before, I'm all about contrast. in art as in writing, you want complementary types. You see it all the time in manga: tall/short, dark hair/blonde, sporty/brainy, active/passive, and so on. Putting tsun and tsun together, and all you get is a headbutting contest. One of them has to break character and let the defenses down, or it's hard to get anywhere. I'd rather see tsun/oblivious (MakiRin), tsun/sweet (MakiPana), or tsun/open (MakiHono) as a result.

I know shippers can be really really stupid, but them in a park barely acknowledging each other doesn't even qualify as a friendly outing. It's like they have to blow things outta proportion to try and make it seem that there's something there.

I love Maki with Honk, Pana and Rin because it's not always tsun!Maki we're dealing with. Opposite type couples are my fav, another reason why is because I love the idea of NozoUmi and those two could not be any more different. Plus they're my favorite girls so I'm being biased.

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

This was cute, but I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed Hapide a little more than this one. Don't get me wrong though, the convo with Nozomi made for some nice character developement and a good read.

Had to Google "Knackers yard" though...

Edit: Reading through the comments has left me with the impression that stating one's preference for a ship other than the one depicted is considered shipping war BS, but expressing one's distaste for a ship not depicted is alright. Did I miss something?

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 11:58PM

Bikkiav
joined Feb 9, 2015

lol, appreciating the shipwar filters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.