Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can actually accept "you're an exception" or the like if it's shown to actually be an excuse to get them over internalized homophobia, and they actually find they do like female bodies once they've got over their hangups and given themselves permission to do so.

Likewise, "I love you irrespective of gender" is acceptable with a legitimately pan character, or perhaps an asexual one depending on how it's handled.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

LADYKILLER IN A BIND IS OUT NOW

BE A SCUMBAG
HAVE SEX WITH GIRLS
ON A BOAT
SINCE IT'S ON A BOAT I HOPE YOU PRACTICED YOUR KNOT-TYING
(also you too are a girl so it's like lots of girls kissing)

joined Oct 12, 2013

LADYKILLER IN A BIND IS OUT NOW

BE A SCUMBAG
HAVE SEX WITH GIRLS
ON A BOAT
SINCE IT'S ON A BOAT I HOPE YOU PRACTICED YOUR KNOT-TYING
(also you too are a girl so it's like lots of girls kissing)

Get raped by a dude and like it. Have fun!

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

What.

Totally forgot about Ladykiller coming out, have been looking forward to that for a really long time.

On a side note, Atlas Reactor is a really good game. Like, a REALLY good game. Like, I bought Battlerites and Atlas Reactor, and Battlerites is just kinda lying around now.
There's a refer-a-friend-thingy going on where I can give you a 7 day free trial basically, so if somebody wants that, feel free to ask.

joined Oct 12, 2013

What.

Totally forgot about Ladykiller coming out, have been looking forward to that for a really long time.

http://imgur.com/a/A4sqI
courtesy of /vg/. warning for het rape and explicit dick

I am beyond pissed and disappointed, I've been anticipating this game for over a year. I guess I'll just buy Flowers instead.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, that really sucks. Honestly didn't expect that from Christine Love.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Carbot's Starcrafts Mod is finally done,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrxBdTrz--8

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Greenlight page for a new Yuri(?) VN
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=775404611

originally posted here

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 1:18PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Other than these images I'm not seeing anyone else refer to it at all. Odd, that. You'd think people would make a fuss.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

DAMN IT, I just finished Ladykiller in a Bind and really enjoyed it, and now I learn there was het rape?!
I had a really gay experience with the game, that is honestly the last thing I thought it would have. Did not even cross my mind. Had no sexual encounters with guys.

Never expected it from Christine Love either, it's almost surreal seeing something like that in one of her works. I played Hate and Hate Plus and with all the messed up stuff that went on there it still never went to that territory.

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 1:38PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Other than these images I'm not seeing anyone else refer to it at all. Odd, that. You'd think people would make a fuss.

Googled a bit after replying too, didn't find anything either. Lots of happy people that finished the game, no mention of rape.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Googled a bit after replying too, didn't find anything either. Lots of happy people that finished the game, no mention of rape.

I gather she got rather a hate following for a while due to anti-GamerGate statements she'd made. It's possible this is someone with bad blood and a bit of skill with Photoshop who wants to drive potential customers away.

Not gonna definitively say it's not real, but the signs seem to be pointing that way. Grains of salt and all that.

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 1:56PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'll confirm one het thing though that I definitely encountered in-game: In a subsequent playthrough I had, I tried out a route dedicated to your guy cousin. In the final part of the route, he suggests that you guys make out in the library once he invites you there (which absolutely came out of nowhere I might add, the entire chemistry before that was a really nice bro-kind of friendship). I immediately refused, but I noticed that the option was there to not refuse and move the conversation along. I...kinda wanted to prove to myself that that can't possibly lead to anything actually happening so I went back later to see where it went, but before I knew it my character agreed saying she...couldn't say no and it wasn't entirely unappealing? Do note that at that point I completely backed out of that save file before any scene or any vague description appeared, so hey, maybe nothing actually happens with your dudebro cousin.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll confirm one het thing though that I definitely encountered in-game: In a subsequent playthrough I had, I tried out a route dedicated to your guy cousin. In the final part of the route, he suggests that you guys make out in the library once he invites you there (which absolutely came out of nowhere I might add, the entire chemistry before that was a really nice bro-kind of friendship). I immediately refused, but I noticed that the option was there to not refuse and move the conversation along. I...kinda wanted to prove to myself that that can't possibly lead to anything actually happening so I went back later to see where it went, but before I knew it my character agreed saying she...couldn't say no and it wasn't entirely unappealing? Do note that at that point I completely backed out of that save file before any scene or any vague description appeared, so hey, maybe nothing actually happens with your dudebro cousin.

So we've got an easily avoidable "maybe het" that gives you plenty of chances to back out?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

So we've got an easily avoidable "maybe het" that gives you plenty of chances to back out?

It's not just plenty of chances, it's the first option that pops up; not to mention the protagonist is clearly very uncomfortable with the idea (at least at first). I guess what sort of bothers me is that the "default" thing that she will do, should the player not interject with choices, is to agree.

Edit: Uh, scratch that, I just remembered the other option that pops up later on in the conversation is kinda worse in the sense that it implies the protagonist takes the initiative using a "flirting" option.

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 2:36PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well, I was curious if the scene was really rape or not, if the MC is lesbian or bi as she supposedly enjoyed it, and so on, so I kind of, well, sent a email to Christine Love asking about it... Her reply:

It's a slightly uncomfortable scene—the Beast is a lesbian, but more importantly, so am I—but it is absolutely not rape! I'm horrified that it's been interpreted as such, because there's absolutely consent depicted in that scene, that's something that's extremely important to me. D:

She didn't really say much more to not reveal anything about the story, but honestly guys, the entire VN is about BDSM and consent, so I find it really hard to believe she would put a rape scene, or a het scene without context that fits the story/characters, I have no idea if there's more, and from the comments everyone is talking about it without even having watched the scene, so I think people should first play it before complaining without even having all the facts, because it seems that you're not even forced to go through any het scene as we don't see anyone mentioning any, much less rape.

Of course I know that even if it fits the story some people won't like it and will feel uncomfortable with it, to be honest I'm not really surprised that it has some scene that makes people uncomfortable, Analogue and Hate Plus had themes and parts of the story that could make people uncomfortable, only reason people didn't complain is because it didn't show anything, of course I understand how some feel, but people need to keep in mind that all her VNs are good, it's okay to not like one or two scenes because they're het even if they're completely in context, but that's no reason to act as if the entire VN is ruined or as if Christine betrayed some expectation that was all in your head, really guys, lets not start acting like fan dumb, though I guess that's easier said than done as yuri fans seem to be known as irrational drama queens... : x

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 4:38PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

I don't think Christine Love is 100% on how the concept of lesbianism works

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

You're kinda blowing everything out of proportion. Makes you the drama queen, pretty much.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

, though I guess that's easier said than done as yuri fans seem to be known as irrational drama queens... : x

Case in point: me. I know I shouldn't rant if I haven't even bought the VN, but I already started ranting on the Hella Yuri page... Apparently, that cousin thing does lead somewhere (bad), though I guess Lumbering's info seems to show that it's at least not rape and avoidable... This is still what I'd call fucking irreproachable, but, yeah, I should really wait for more information before I start ranting my head off (so damn fun to rant though).

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 5:22PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Tiroskan

I don't think Christine Love is 100% on how the concept of lesbianism works

Well, taking in account your previous comment you didn't even play it, so I don't really think you can judge her without knowing anything, the entire VN is about consent, so I really doubt you wouldn't have a choice in there, and if anyone say something about the mc enjoying it, well, she did consent, and don't forget that independent of sexuality when people have their genitals stimulated they will feel some pleasure even if they don't want, I know very well it don't make the scene better, but Christine herself called it uncomfortable, so I assume that was kind of part of the point.

OriginalGengar

You're kinda blowing everything out of proportion. Makes you the drama queen, pretty much.

You mean me or Tiroskan? Cause I'm not trying to blow it out of proportion, I didn't really plan on saying anything, but people was complaining about something they literally don't know anything, so I kind of changed my mind, not to mention that, Christine herself said it's not rape and had consent, so I find it easier to say the people calling it rape that are the ones taking it out of proportion...

Minutoh

, though I guess that's easier said than done as yuri fans seem to be known as irrational drama queens... : x

Case in point: me. I know I shouldn't rant if I haven't even bought the VN, but I already started ranting on the Hella Yuri page... Apparently, that cousin thing does lead somewhere (bad), though I guess Lumbering's info seems to show that it's at least not rape and avoidable... This is still what I'd call fucking irreproachable, but, yeah, I should really wait for more information before I start ranting my head off (so damn fun to rant though).

And me too, all yuri fans end up acting like irrational drama queens sooner or later, it's in our nature, I normally wouldn't really have much problem in this case if it was not for the fact almost no one knows how the scene really is, all we know is two or three people talking about it, and I won't be surprised if they're pretty biased too, I'm also wating for more information, but taking in account how few people seen to have played it, and most people are already acting pretty biased without even playing it, guess I'll have to play it myself. (and yeah, ranting is fun~~) : x

As for anyone who might want to reply me, I don't really have much else to say, none of us really have much to say unless we play it...

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 5:51PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

Dude, she either just confirmed a lesbian character is raped or consents to heterosexual sex, which is somewhat invalidating to lesbianity, and neither of which I'm looking for when I put money down for a yuri game.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

And now you're trying to defend something you know literally nothing about, accusing people you know literally nothing about of being drama queens. And giving someone a blowjob doesn't really involve stimulated genitals on the giver's side most of the time.

Anyways, this is a stupid discussion so I'm not gonna keep having it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gonna call a halt to this now. Tiroskan and others, y'all can talk about this if and only if you've played through that scene. Banging on like this is verging on deliberately smearing an artist and I'm totally not into that.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Whoa, this whole thing got bigger than I thought it would. I'll just pitch in my opinion as someone who's finished a playthrough and has a general feel of the tone of the game:

In retrospect, while I can see why people would react harshly of that thing that happens, it's nothing exactly out of place. This isn't exactly spoilers, but you are able to seduce and sleep with female characters who assume for the majority of the route that you're your brother. This entire game feels pretty much like erotica so every route ending with potential sexual encounters is hardly unexpected now that I think about it. With that in mind, I don't think this scene in question is going to blindside players; there would probably be a lot of indications of what is going to happen and it'll give them plenty of chances to back out (Like with the example I've provided about her cousin) since encountering this scene would have to entail that the player deliberately goes through this route dedicated to this guy. Does this mean they should expect to have sex with him? Of course not, but like with the cousin scenario I had a really well-indicated chance to back out. I feel silly for instantly believing that it's "het rape" considering that despite the sexual tension between almost every character in the game, it would still be out of place for that to be in there.

Last thing I'd say is that there are multitude of routes in this game and you won't even be able to finish all of them in one go. If anyone's played Persona 3/4 before, it's like those social links except you can't (from my knowledge) actually squeeze everything in a single playthrough. You can easily miss this scene because I certainly didn't know it even existed until this forum pointed it out. While I do not want to encounter the scene, I'm not going to deny it to anyone who wants to.

I'd also like to point out that saying a thing is not something one would expect from someone else, doesn't necessarily mean that they've betrayed your expectations or something as dramatic as that. It could easily just mean, you know, you just didn't expect it?

The game is still great in my opinion, and is definitely worth a shot. Please try not to fixate too much on the fact that you have a sexual encounter with a guy since that's just a possibility that the player will have to purposefully aim for.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Tl;dr: Treat the game as an erotica; everyone banging each other isn't out of place nor is it aiming anywhere near close to realism. The tone of the game is light-hearted throughout and encountering the scene in question could be easily avoided. Also, please don't say the game is entirely about BDSM, that could also be easily avoided.

This topic has been locked.