Forum › The Sea and a Bouquet discussion

chocolatetacobell
joined Mar 26, 2014

do you ever feel like crying bc uzurin is just 2 beautiful

C2
joined Apr 3, 2016

I always appreciate a good leg flail. Thanks for this it was some pretty cute Uzurin.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but what is up with this "My heart is beating fast, therefore I am in love with this person" trope? There are far more explanations for heightened pulse than just love, and often the character saying this doesn't even know anything about the person they're supposed to be love with except how they look. It seems like an immature and overdramatic mindset.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 3:48AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

There are far more explanations for heightened pulse than love

lol

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but what is up with this "My heart is beating fast, therefore I am in love with this person" trope? There are far more explanations for heightened pulse than just love, and often the character saying this doesn't even know anything about the person they're supposed to be love with except how they look. It seems like an immature and overdramatic mindset.

Yeah, that kind of skeeviness reminds of the "welp, you got a boner so we have to have sex, since that's the only way to get rid of it" trope that crops up oh so often in sexual fiction.

But that's what it is, a cheap and easy literary device. It can be hard to compose a narrative with compelling, believable reasons to fall in love/have sex, and sometimes readers don't mind and are okay with an expedient love/sex story.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 4:22AM

joined Sep 12, 2016

So cute

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

okay but Rin is like. 15. im pretty sure when we were 15 we fell for people for the dumbest reasons. the best uzurin is the stuff that focuses on this teenage sense of thirst and insecurity tbqh

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol, they're in hs right? Soo love is far simpler when your young or when love is first starting out, not to mention its an easy way to narrate it...but yeah initially if thoughts of someone gets you excited and your heart beating there's an attraction...

joined Jan 8, 2014

Anyway! Was this not the cutest ^_^
I love the angsty narrative and then her just going for it under the covers!

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

It was almost great, maybe the art held it back a bit.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

I agree, but you got to take into account how young both of them are, I'm pretty sure I had this mindset from middle school/ beginning of high school

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

There are far more explanations for heightened pulse than love

lol

This xD

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

Really, it's just a convention of (Japanese) romance stories— a quick bit of shorthand that everybody is familiar with, so the author can get on with the story without spending pages on exploring the physical and psychological effects of attraction and the process of young love. You might as well complain about umbrellas.

934c158f-6d10-4800-a176-151cb1c96d1b
joined Dec 23, 2019

2021 and this gem still makes my heart skip a beat.

To reply you must either login or sign up.