ForumNews Kindred Sprits Joint Memorial Fanbook

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

MezaYuri are going to be hosting their last Kindred Spirits on the Roof event this year on November 6. Because it's the last event, they're putting together a fanbook to commemorate the past four years of yuritopia building. The bad news is that this event is held in Japan, meaning the first year that Kindred Spirits had large international appeal is also the last year of the fan event. The good news is that this fanbook is being opened to foreign submissions.

The submission form for having your work included in the book is in Japanese, but an official translation of the page has been released. Follow the steps, and you might get your work published in the fanbook; what's more, everyone who has their work accepted will be sent a print copy of the book.

I wish everyone luck in making this last hoorah as strong and memorable as possible.

Addendum: Here's a template for the dimensions of the submissions. You can put this as a background layer you can use as reference when drawing/writing. In addition, here's a guide for what margins are, why they're needed, and how they're being used here. For our purposes, treat everything inside the margins as the safe zone.

Addendum 2: If you're unsure if your idea is going to cross the line into NSFW, you can submit a draft and request they review it before putting the time in to complete it.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 11:44PM

joined Apr 26, 2016

Sounds gay I'm in

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

shit I gotta

joined Aug 26, 2016

Wait for the submission we upload the images online and send them a link right

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
joined Oct 11, 2010

Wait for the submission we upload the images online and send them a link right

Correct. Technically, the participation request can be submitted before you have the comic finished, but it's probably easiest to do it all at once if possible.

AbyssalScepter
Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

Quick question! Would someone need to set a margin, or is that just a guide to make sure no one draws outside of it?

I'm trying to use paint net and I have no idea how to set one. I barely know how to use it overall ono, I'm planning on just drawing an image then retracing it on paint.net. Hopefully that part won't be hard with a drawing pad >.>"...

Also, this is probably a silly question, but is kissing, "all-age" content. lol All I can come up with right now is a drawing with a pair kissing or something.

joined Oct 11, 2010

Quick question! Would someone need to set a margin, or is that just a guide to make sure no one draws outside of it?

I'm trying to use paint net and I have no idea how to set one. I barely know how to use it overall ono, I'm planning on just drawing an image then retracing it on paint.net. Hopefully that part won't be hard with a drawing pad >.>"...

Also, this is probably a silly question, but is kissing, "all-age" content. lol All I can come up with right now is a drawing with a pair kissing or something.

I made a quick addendum to the original post addressing the margins. Basically, just draw/write inside the lines.

And yes, kissing is acceptable content in this. Just keep things relatively tame (though you might be able to slip in some hand holding if you're sneaky about it). You can also submit a draft of the image if you're unsure if it'll be accepted.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 1:07PM

Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

Thanks! Oh yeah, to get your image reviewed or to ask them questions just use the email on the submission form right?

joined Oct 11, 2010

Thanks! Oh yeah, to get your image reviewed or to ask them questions just use the email on the submission form right?

Yes, yuritopia @ yrtp.info can be used for image review.

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 12:14AM

joined Aug 29, 2016

Does it explain how one would obtain such a book if, say, they suck at art and won't be submitting anything?

joined Sep 6, 2016

Does it explain how one would obtain such a book if, say, they suck at art and won't be submitting anything?

If I'm not mistaken, I've seen staff mention something about selling book outside the event, but it's not decide yet.
In case that happened, may be you can purchase/shipping the same way when buying manga or doujinshi.

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 10:40PM

joined Sep 6, 2016

Reminder: 12 days until registration deadline, make sure to register before it closed.

White%20kitty
joined Oct 2, 2016

This is so awesome! I'm in! Although I do have one question; on the registration form, what does circle mean? Thank you, and I hope this question is not a bother!

joined Sep 6, 2016

This is so awesome! I'm in! Although I do have one question; on the registration form, what does circle mean? Thank you, and I hope this question is not a bother!

Circle is name of the group when publish doujinshi, it can be group of people or just only person.
You can leave it empty if you don't have one, or you can make one of your own.

I've sent my submission, so feel free to ask if there's any question regarding registration and submission :)

Waakei-avatar
joined Oct 18, 2015

Umm...I have a question about actually submitting my work.

I registered yesterday, but I left the link blank. Does that mean I'm permanently locked out? Or should I send them an e-mail with a link to my work? Or should I do something else?

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 2:59PM

joined Sep 6, 2016

Umm...I have a question about actually submitting my work.

I registered yesterday, but I left the link blank. Does that mean I'm permanently locked out? Or should I send them an e-mail with a link to my work? Or should I do something else?

You can register first, then submit the link by e-mail later.
Most important is your e-mail for contact them, other information in registration form can be change, including number of page or type of submission, you can inform staff by e-mail if you would like to.

If you mean URL section in registration form, they mean link to your personal site (your blog, twitter, pixiv, etc.)

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 8:24PM

Waakei-avatar
joined Oct 18, 2015

Whew, thank you!

Yes, that's the URL I meant. Thanks!

White%20kitty
joined Oct 2, 2016

Apologies, again, but I have a few more questions, mostly for clarification!

Firstly, when you submit the final submission, you upload it on to a site on the web and share the link via e-mail, correct? And for the file itself, are the requirements grayscale and psd. (photoshop document) file format? Also, to have them review your work before you submit it, do you e-mail them with an attachment of the file? Thank you again, and I apologize for asking so many questions!

joined Sep 6, 2016

Firstly, when you submit the final submission, you upload it on to a site on the web and share the link via e-mail, correct? And for the file itself, are the requirements grayscale and psd. (photoshop document) file format? Also, to have them review your work before you submit it, do you e-mail them with an attachment of the file? Thank you again, and I apologize for asking so many questions!

• First question: correct, it has to be in grayscale, extension can be in psd or pdf
    in my case, I draw in Clip Studio, exported to .psd (Single Layer), compressed to .zip to make file size smaller, uploaded to google drive, and staff received it without problem.

• Second question: yes, I email them with attachment of .jpg file, same resolution as final submission

You're welcome, I'm not native english speaker, if there's anything need to clarify, or more questions, please feel free to ask.

For anyone that going to send short story or has text type in your image, if you don't know how to embed font in the psd/pdf file, I highly recommend to save file in single layer (Flatten Image in Photoshop) before submitting to avoid font problem when printing (I doubt it will happen, but just in case)

White%20kitty
joined Oct 2, 2016

Thank you so much! And final question; after completing registration, do we e-mail them our mailing address, as the submission form states? I apologize for all these questions, again, and hope they are not a bother. I just would like to make sure I am doing this all right~ :3

joined Sep 6, 2016

Thank you so much! And final question; after completing registration, do we e-mail them our mailing address, as the submission form states? I apologize for all these questions, again, and hope they are not a bother. I just would like to make sure I am doing this all right~ :3

You don't have to, you can start email them when your rough sketch/summary finished and ready for them to take review. :)

Waakei-avatar
joined Oct 18, 2015

Sorry for asking more questions, but are we required to submit a sample for review, or is it just optional? Also, will they let you know when they receive your submission, and if so, about how long will it take? The only e-mail I got from them was when I registered (it says "以下は2016/10/02 (Sun) 14:09:59にお送りいただいたメールの複製です。" and then the registration information), and I'm getting antsy.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I may have written my draft so quickly that I didn't even need to do a summary...oops?

They seemed to be OK with accepting it so yay.

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 1:17AM

joined Sep 6, 2016

I was away yesterday, sorry for late response ^^;

Sorry for asking more questions, but are we required to submit a sample for review, or is it just optional? Also, will they let you know when they receive your submission, and if so, about how long will it take? The only e-mail I got from them was when I registered (it says "以下は2016/10/02 (Sun) 14:09:59にお送りいただいたメールの複製です。" and then the registration information), and I'm getting antsy.

• from muteKi said above, it seems they're okay without sample. (congrats!)
  • Email with your information is an automatic reply after registration. After you start sending mail to staff, it will be person to person conversation (please don't scared him! lol) Staff will give confirmation after receive your submission, it will be up to his free time to check, but it won't took long. you can ask him if you don't get reply within few days, and you can use twitter as alternate contact option
Waakei-avatar
joined Oct 18, 2015

Oh. Thanks. Do I need to know Japanese?

To reply you must either login or sign up.