Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

She is so pretty <3

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aw, with that warm smile too ❤
What chapter was this in?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It's the chapter 22 preview on Canno's twitter.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I feel like a bigger problem is not enough people can pull off the glasses in their drawings. Ayaka's switch to having glasses is seamless. As in, she's cute, but it doesn't ever feel like she's become any less herself (just, Ayaka with glasses, which happens to be really cute). Often times they're instead used as a plot device instead of a small, cute facet to their character that is realistic. Or they always have glasses. Always.

Of course, I have read some one shots before that actually used the glasses plot device to amazing effect, just....not more than once that I can remember?

Izumi was quite clearly smitten with Chiharu, but there was indeed no indication that it was mutual at that point. So I'm not sure what happened between them, unless the second Drama CD is canon...

Did Canno just draw them naked together on her twitter?

https://twitter.com/_canno/status/734718587735138304

last edited at May 28, 2016 11:35PM

It looks that way ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡° )

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, when you see that dominatrix she drew once on her twitter, you know that Canno has a lewd side she struggles to suppress. X)

...Hum, does someone know a bit of Japanese?

Ii Watashi

I really have a hard time rendering the line "Ima nara, mou sukoshi... ii watashi de hashireru"... It's such a weird formulation, and I'm not even sure I get the meaning right…

(it was this page in the mag version, and in retropspect I'm not satisfied with my translation.)

edit: I got the raws of chap 22. I'll get to it once all the volume extras are done. =O

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Hoping for lots of cuteness this chapter.

Can't read French but I am now combing through the MiamMiam site trying to look for clues. (Is it in QC?)

Glasses Shiramine has seduced me.

Not to rush you or anything-- I just want to say I am excited and appreciate your work.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 12:11AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I don't know if chapter 22 can be called "cute". It's not exactly a funny chapter. =[

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 12:19PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I don't know if chapter 22 can be called "cute". It's not exactly a funny chapter. =[

Hahaha, well, I saw the previews for "Bloom Into You" Ch. 12 and it was focusing on a character I didn't really care about soo.... it can't be more of a letdown than that, right? I liked all of the characters in Ch. 21 so if anyone comes back that's great.

Chapter 22 is sad or something? :(

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Kinda. But I don't wanna spoil, as I was rather pleasantly surprised by how it turned out.

Hmm, so no one can help me on that translation issue above? =[

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Kinda. But I don't wanna spoil, as I was rather pleasantly surprised by how it turned out.

Hmm, so no one can help me on that translation issue above? =[

There aren't other translators at MMT that know?
Well, mkay, I sorta know of this random internet person that knows japanese (leur anglais est un peu poche mais...) I'll ask/screenshot them your message. On verra ce que ca donne?

joined Oct 12, 2013

Wait, is there actual development involving Ayaka? I'm so excited.

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

I just read through this whole thing and I love them all. They're my precious children. My beautiful gay babies. My gaybies.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…For those curious, the volumes' bonus content is available in French.
Chapter 7 volume version (Maya and Chiharu)
Volume 2 omake (Maya and Chiharu)
Volume 3 omake (Yukina and Towako)
Chapter 17 volume version (Mizuki and Moe)

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 3:58PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

…For those curious, the volumes' bonus content is available in French.
Chapter 7 volume version (Maya and Chiharu)
Volume 2 omake (Maya and Chiharu)
Volume 3 omake (Yukina and Towako)
Chapter 17 volume version (Mizuki and Moe)

Yukina/Towako was great. I didn't get enough depth from them (plus Towako did some weiiiiird stuff) when I read the original chapters, but I can see now why they're your favorite. Somehow I missed it, but I wish they had more material like this with Towako having good, normal interaction... Those were some harsh things she did.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yeah, I find this "quietly supportive" kind of love pretty sweet, and a good way to counterbalance Yukina's impulsiveness. I guess the volume 3 arc showed Towako as too quiet and obsessed in a way. So yeah, this omake is welcome to flesh out the more healthy side of their relationship a bit.

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 6:00PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

From what I could tell from google translate I really liked Ch. 22 and I look forward to 23.

I have a hard time telling what Shiramine is telling the reporters or not because I can't imagine her telling them the whole, real story.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Lol, you have a lot of courage to read an entire chap with Google TL. X)

It does seem a bit too personal to tell all the details to strangers. We're seeing her most deep-rooted insecurities, here…

And boy I love the Mizuki-Ayaka scenes so much. Mizuki's concern and care for Ayaka are really touching, and Ayaka's imagine spots about Mizuki and Moe are always hilarious.

(by the way, how is a new series page created on this site? Do the admins take care of it themselves?)

last edited at Jun 4, 2016 6:31PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Lol, you have a lot of courage to read an entire chap with Google TL. X)

Not the entire chapter! Just the really important parts or things that seemed indecipherable on body language alone.

I did that before your team started translating into English too. Boy am I glad you guys did that. x) Google translate gets tiring.

And boy I love the Mizuki-Ayaka scenes so much. Mizuki's concern and care for Ayaka are really touching, and Ayaka's imagine spots about Mizuki and Moe are always hilarious.

Mizuki's reactions really sold how traumatic that phone call was. The imagine-spot was much happier than the real phone call.

This is the kind of chapter I've been waiting for where Yurine and Ayaka's dumb competition gets called off and they now have to interact for real instead of as part of the game.

Also: Ayaka is torn between her really gay feelings for her rival and her need for her mother's love and approval? Yurine's real love rival...Ayaka's mother.

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 12:18AM

It's sweet that Mizuki cares so much about Ayaka, they really are like sisters. And oh boy poor Akaya, she really wants her mom's approval :,c

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Also: Ayaka is torn between her really gay feelings for her rival and her need for her mother's love and approval? Yurine's real love rival...Ayaka's mother.

I don't know… That's one interpretation, but… my feeling is rather that she doesn't want to fall in love with Yurine precisely because she reminds her of her mother − someone who expects perfection from her but is unable to simply say "I love you as you are" (which is also why Mizuki is important to Ayaka). When she says "maybe there's someone, somewhere, who actually needs me", Yurine's name doesn't even seem to cross her mind. It's heartwrenching on so many levels…

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 12:19PM

My heart.... :,x

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I don't know… That's one interpretation, but… my feeling is rather that she doesn't want to fall in love with Yurine precisely because she reminds her of her mother − someone who expects perfection from her but is unable to simply say "I love you as you are" (which is also why Mizuki is important to Ayaka). When she says "maybe there's someone, somewhere, who actually needs me", Yurine's name doesn't even seem to cross her mind. It's heartwrenching on so many levels…

You're right I think. I've said this before a long time ago in the thread, but Ayaka being a Tsundere to Yurine makes perfect sense because Yurine has never said she cares about her outside their game (and Ayaka's boobs). Ayaka just has everything to lose. uwu My (joking) interpretation would make more sense if Yurine would just say something.

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 2:08PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

"You don't care about me, you just like me because I can defeat you!"
"You're wrong, Shiramine-san! What I really love is your boobs!"

(the volume version of chap 7 and the volume 2 and 3 omake are now available in English, by the way)

last edited at Jun 6, 2016 6:31PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.