Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Lol calling you honeybee from now on :> Or cutieSutie.

Oh gawd, please don't. DX

When she's had a couple glasses of wine she calls me babycakes or banana (I like bananas when I'm drunk), both of which I find horrible.

That's kinda awesome. XD ... If you start calling me CutieSutie, I'll start calling you BabyBanana. >:D

You train in knife fighting o_o'?

Yup. My dad trained me starting when I was 15/16ish. ^^ He trained me and all of my siblings in kickboxing before, cause Berlin can be a pretty dangerous place to live and he insisted every one of us learns how to defend themselves. But when my heart decided to be a bitch and not continue growing to support my quickly growing body, I had to quit kickboxing training, since it put way too much strain on me. So one day, my dad brought home an army survival knife for me (he's in the airforce) and told me he'd train me how to knife fight instead.

I see Lin thinking that's as an extremely attractive quality in a partner lmao...

Not really. XD She thinks in a city like Berlin, it's pretty normal for people to know how to defend themselves in a way. sighs She's hard to impress. :T

I can peel the skin off an apple with a cleaver if that's the only sharp knife around lol.

o.o...If I'd actually see you doing that, I think I'd just silently back out of the room and make sure I arm myself for when you suddenly decide to turn psycho or something. XD But really though, that's pretty cool. You must have pretty dextrous hands. I'm pretty good at carving, but I don't think I could peel an apple with something that has a blade longer than 6 inches without completely ruining the fruit in the process. XD

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Lol calling you honeybee from now on :> Or cutieSutie.

Oh gawd, please don't. DX

When she's had a couple glasses of wine she calls me babycakes or banana (I like bananas when I'm drunk), both of which I find horrible.

That's kinda awesome. XD ... If you start calling me CutieSutie, I'll start calling you BabyBanana. >:D

Damn. Should have told you she calls me perviest tofu in the whole wide world.

You train in knife fighting o_o'?

Yup. My dad trained me starting when I was 15/16ish. ^^ He trained me and all of my siblings in kickboxing before, cause Berlin can be a pretty dangerous place to live and he insisted every one of us learns how to defend themselves. But when my heart decided to be a bitch and not continue growing to support my quickly growing body, I had to quit kickboxing training, since it put way too much strain on me. So one day, my dad brought home an army survival knife for me (he's in the airforce) and told me he'd train me how to knife fight instead.

Hardcore o_o'. Maybe after the new heart you can start up kickboxing again :) kickboxing knife fighter... maybe just take up MMA, that's pretty gruesome.

I see Lin thinking that's as an extremely attractive quality in a partner lmao...

Not really. XD She thinks in a city like Berlin, it's pretty normal for people to know how to defend themselves in a way. sighs She's hard to impress. :T

Lol well if she's too easy I guess that spoils the fun

I can peel the skin off an apple with a cleaver if that's the only sharp knife around lol.

o.o...If I'd actually see you doing that, I think I'd just silently back out of the room and make sure I arm myself for when you suddenly decide to turn psycho or something. XD But really though, that's pretty cool. You must have pretty dextrous hands. I'm pretty good at carving, but I don't think I could peel an apple with something that has a blade longer than 6 inches without completely ruining the fruit in the process. XD

Again I think it's just part of the whole my-parents-raised-me-to-be-a-proper-Chinese-housewife thing (under the guise of me needing to know how to take care of myself). I learned most of my mom's food repertoire before I graduated high school. My parents are like 4 parts very progressive, 1 part still really traditional. Though my mom did tell me as a teenager that the first thing I should make clear to a boyfriend (hadn't come out at that point) was that I knew how to use "these" and pointed to a cleaver and a pair of kitchen scissors. I don't know how kidding she was...

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 4:35AM

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Heyyoooo... good day, everyone...

And nice to see u again Su... :D
/running and jumping to Su/

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 4:40AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

One problem: I would've never bought that. XD

Hardcore o_o'. Maybe after the new heart you can start up kickboxing again :) kickboxing knife fighter... maybe just take up MMA, that's pretty gruesome.

That's actually the plan. XD Not the MMA, since that really is a bit too brutal for my tastes, but I'm definitely gonna pick up kickboxing and volleyball again and then I'll royally kick my sister's ass! >:D

Lol well if she's too easy I guess that spoils the fun

That's true. I actually like it when I have to put in some real effort. Makes the result so much better. X3

Though my mom did tell me as a teenager that the first thing I should make clear to a boyfriend (hadn't come out at that point) was that I knew how to use "these" and pointed to a cleaver and a pair of kitchen scissors. I don't know how kidding she was...

o.o;...Wow. My mom just told me to remember to introduce my partners to the family so they know whom they're messing with if they hurt me. XD So how did your parents react when you introduced kanojo to them?

Hey there, Rainy! :D
jump-tackle hugs How's it going?

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 4:42AM

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Su
Going soooo fiiiiiiinnneee....
You gonna stay home from now on?

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Rainy

If I had to guess, I'd say you were either promoted at work or you've gotten laid. Which one is it? XD
But yeah, I'm home again for good now! :D Have to go see my heart doc 3 times a week so he can check up on me, but I don't have to stay in hospital until NPD (New Pump Day) is here. Yesss! XD

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

One problem: I would've never bought that. XD

:((((( Why not? I'm the least sarcastic person ever.

That's actually the plan. XD Not the MMA, since that really is a bit too brutal for my tastes, but I'm definitely gonna pick up kickboxing and volleyball again and then I'll royally kick my sister's ass! >:D

Lol I sense a rivalry xD good for you.

XD So how did your parents react when you introduced kanojo to them?

I came out to them over a decade ago so the dating a woman thing isn't news to them. They'd met a couple of my more serious girlfriends before kanojo and didn't like one at all and liked the other but not as my girlfriend (my best friend). And by they I mean my mom, because my dad mostly keeps his opinions to himself unless I ask. They really love kanojo though. She's very chatty with me but around most people she's more the quiet diligent type; pretty, rich, hard-working, roots for the Warriors, and always brings a gift... goes over really well with Asian parents lol... they don't know what she does to me in the bedroom, thankfully.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Random: I just found out there's a town in Michigan called Gaylord. So I started googling funny town names and I'm dying of laughter. X'D

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Rainy

If I had to guess, I'd say you were either promoted at work or you've gotten laid. Which one is it? XD
But yeah, I'm home again for good now! :D Have to go see my heart doc 3 times a week so he can check up on me, but I don't have to stay in hospital until NPD (New Pump Day) is here. Yesss! XD

Ahahaha....
None of both... xD
Im just happy bc finally i had hair trimmed just now.. it feels so fresh...

Wowww.... that a wonderful news, brow....
Nice to hear it... that day gonna be yr reborn day... If you re close to me, i guess i will ask u to teach me how to use a knife in a fight. who knows i will need it someday... well, although its not as interesting as learning to peel apples by using cleaver from fried tofu san...

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Random: I just found out there's a town in Michigan called Gaylord. So I started googling funny town names and I'm dying of laughter. X'D

It's actually not as uncommon of a surname as it should be, so I'm not that surprised a city was named that at some point lol xD

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

I came out to them over a decade ago so the dating a woman thing isn't news to them. They'd met a couple of my more serious girlfriends before kanojo and didn't like one at all and liked the other but not as my girlfriend (my best friend). And by they I mean my mom, because my dad mostly keeps his opinions to himself unless I ask. They really love kanojo though. She's very chatty with me but around most people she's more the quiet diligent type; pretty, rich, hard-working, roots for the Warriors, and always brings a gift... goes over really well with Asian parents lol... they don't know what she does to me in the bedroom, thankfully.

sigh I wish my dad was like that. -.- As much as I love him, but he has some pretty fucked up opinions on homosexuality. He always thought that since I'm bi, me introducing girls to him never really had any meaning and I would choose to "listen to my common sense" and settle down with a nice man in the end. When I told him that I fully plan on marrying Lin, he just went batshit bananas. For some reason, he hates the entire idea of her and it drives me up the wall. The rest of my family is either being supportive or they understand to not stick their noses where they don't belong. But my dad's a whole different story. slams forehead against wall He'll come around eventually. I know he will. It's just gonna be a loooong way until he gets there.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

It's actually not as uncommon of a surname as it should be, so I'm not that surprised a city was named that at some point lol xD

fried tofu san
And whoever gave that name to the city, i guess he/she has same strange taste of naming sth with u.... xD
thats why you re not surprised, right?

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Nice to hear it... that day gonna be yr reborn day... If you re close to me, i guess i will ask u to teach me how to use a knife in a fight. who knows i will need it someday... well, although its not as interesting as learning to peel apples by using cleaver from fried tofu san...

Like this, except with a cleaver instead of a sushi knife, and I could never go that insanely fast lol
https://youtu.be/nzQDWAaxjGs

And whoever gave that name to the city, i guess he/she has same strange taste of naming sth with u.... xD

Lol I'm sure it was named after someone named ___ Gaylord.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 5:11AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Dofu

Are you serious? OMG, that is just fucking awesome. XD If I had to address someone as "Mister Gaylord" and keep a straight face, I would fail so epicly. X'D

Rainy

Aaaand you're 100% sure it's not cause you've been sexting with Mvl? ;D nudge nudge

If you re close to me, i guess i will ask u to teach me how to use a knife in a fight.

That kind of just reminded me of that psycho kid's song my brother and me once made up. :D

If you're happy and you know it, kill a man! /stab stab/
If you're happy and you know it,
grab a knife and learn to throw it.

.... You probably shouldn't sing that to your kids, lol.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Like this, except with a cleaver instead of a sushi knife, and I could never go that insanely fast lol
https://youtu.be/nzQDWAaxjGs

If i have to do that, i will have to borrow someone's hand... i dont want end up loosing my fingers.. lolz... xD

Lol I'm sure it was named after someone named ___ Gaylord.

Ahahahha.... then... the one who gave him that name is as strange as you...

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Rainy

Aaaand you're 100% sure it's not cause you've been sexting with Mvl? ;D nudge nudge

No, she clearly prohibits pervy stuff, lolz... xD

If you re close to me, i guess i will ask u to teach me how to use a knife in a fight.

That kind of just reminded me of that psycho kid's song my brother and me once made up. :D

scawy kids...

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

sigh I wish my dad was like that. -.- As much as I love him, but he has some pretty fucked up opinions on homosexuality. He always thought that since I'm bi, me introducing girls to him never really had any meaning and I would choose to "listen to my common sense" and settle down with a nice man in the end. When I told him that I fully plan on marrying Lin, he just went batshit bananas. For some reason, he hates the entire idea of her and it drives me up the wall. The rest of my family is either being supportive or they understand to not stick their noses where they don't belong. But my dad's a whole different story. slams forehead against wall He'll come around eventually. I know he will. It's just gonna be a loooong way until he gets there.

Yeah after an anecdote from Lin I got that impression so I didn't want to pry even after you had asked me about my parents. It's disappointing to have people that you care about and respect completely not understand a part of your life, but on the plus side, a good bit of the rest of your family is supportive. The families where almost everyone, both parents in particular, are bigoted are the ones where it gets really problematic. If your dad's around others who are accepting then there's more potential for it to be like water over a coarse stone; he'll smooth out over time. I'm just very lucky with my parents. Obedience is such a deep part of our culture, so if they had been really negative about my coming out I think it would have been a really difficult process for me.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 5:24AM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Are you serious? OMG, that is just fucking awesome. XD If I had to address someone as "Mister Gaylord" and keep a straight face, I would fail so epicly. X'D

Lol I guess you haven't seen Meet the Fockers. Really dumb but funny movie. The main character's real name is Gaylord Focker, but he goes by Greg haha... so I guess it can be a first name or a surname.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Yeah after an anecdote from Lin I got that impression so I didn't want to pry even after you had asked me about my parents.

Yeah, she told me she came ranting to you guys in the middle of the night after she met him at the hospital. I screamed at him until my throat was sore when he came visiting me after she told me. The nurses actually had to get him out of the room cause they thought I was gonna attack him or suffer a heart attack or something. ^^;

It's disappointing to have people that you care about and respect completely not understand a part of your life, but on the plus side, a good bit of the rest of your family is supportive. The families where almost everyone, both parents in particular, are bigoted are the ones where it gets really problematic. If your dad's around others who are accepting then there's more potential for it to be like water over a coarse stone; he'll smooth out over time.

Yeah, I think so as well. My mother says ever since our little fallout in the hospital, he's been asking her tons of questions. Things like "how do you think people turn homosexual? Or is it just something you're born with?" or "Why would you wanna be with someone if you can't have a family with them? I mean, isn't wanting to have a family the reason why you marry in the first place?" He's actually asking for her opinion, that's how I know he's getting there. But he's extremely thick-skulled as well, so time really is the key factor. -.- Though my heart really goes out to those people, who have their entire family against them. Nobody deserves to live through that kind of shit. :/

Obedience is such a deep part of our culture, so if they had been really negative about my coming out I think it would have been a really difficult process for me.

Difficult in which way? Do you think you might have reconsidered your choices if they told you they don't approve? Not judging, just curious. o.o

Lol I guess you haven't seen Meet the Fockers. Really dumb but funny movie. The main character's real name is Gaylord Focker, but he goes by Greg haha... so I guess it can be a first name or a surname.

I absolutely need to look up that movie. XD

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 5:59AM

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

scawy kids...

That i re read it, i think i know how u sing it...
It sounds kinda the song they sang in teletubbies... xD

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Also admiring this magnetic strip kanojo installed in the kitchen that all the knives attach to. I didn't even know knives were magnetic. It's nicer than trying to find a block that has the right size spaces for everything.

OMG! They're not!!! Anything metal will stick to the magnet!!!! >< ><

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 8:51AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Just found this. It's titled "What happens when you grow catnip in your backyard"

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

OMG! They're not!!! Anything metal will stick to the magnet!!!! >< ><

Not really. The only magnetic metals are iron, nickel and cobalt and alloys, which contain a lot of either of these 3. Anything else isn't magnetic.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Just found this. It's titled "What happens when you grow catnip in your backyard"

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/images/thumbnail-facebook/17815586_1431256510.7807_ynyBeZ_n.jpg

So that's how you become a pussy magnet.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 9:30AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

So that's how you become a pussy magnet.

By being a drug dealer? I don't think I'd want those pussies though. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.