Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Hey, pkChinensis/other Lilicious people? We wanted to make a separate series entry for Love*Aroma, Love*Preparation and the first four chapters of Steps, but it would be helpful if we could split your Love*Aroma chapter in two (chapter and extra) and put the extra after Love*Preparation, following the tank ordering–how would you feel about that?

Sure, that sounds fine.

Awesome; it's done.

Orenji-kun Uploader
Pretty_ranger_icon
Yuri-Bot Scans
joined Feb 17, 2016

I've decided to take up Kase-san (http://dynasty-scans.com/series/kase_san) as the sole member of the group Yuri-Bot Scans. I've already scoured the internet for any raws I can get my hands on, but I can only find chapters 11.5 and 12 in Chinese, does anyone have it in Japanese? Also, is anyone working on this themselves or want to assist me? If so, please email me at Orenji.kun0@gmail.com

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Orenji-kun posted:

I've decided to take up Kase-san (http://dynasty-scans.com/series/kase_san) as the sole member of the group Yuri-Bot Scans. I've already scoured the internet for any raws I can get my hands on, but I can only find chapters 11.5 and 12 in Chinese, does anyone have it in Japanese? Also, is anyone working on this themselves or want to assist me? If so, please email me at Orenji.kun0@gmail.com

Yuri Project hasn't actually dropped this yet. They've already got a chapter in the works right here.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Alice Cheshire

Orenji-kun posted:

Yuri Project hasn't actually dropped this yet. They've already got a chapter in the works right here.

It looks like the next chapter (with a new editor filling in for Phyis) is actually in QC now, though I can't tell if anyone is actually checking it. Since Yuri Project is open to anyone to help, maybe you could help get the QC started? They've got specific procedures before the QC is done and I don't know all the details, but you might be able to help.

Edit: Also, talk to them. You might be able to help with future chapters or they might agree to hand it over to you. If they did that, someone involved may already have raws or be planning to get them. I did a full volume myself that was originally posted there (though no one had started working on it yet) and received the raws from them.

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 2:05AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

It looks like the next chapter (with a new editor filling in for Phyis) is actually in QC now, though I can't tell if anyone is actually checking it. Since Yuri Project is open to anyone to help, maybe you could help get the QC started? They've got specific procedures before the QC is done and I don't know all the details, but you might be able to help.

Edit: Also, talk to them. You might be able to help with future chapters or they might agree to hand it over to you. If they did that, someone involved may already have raws or be planning to get them. I did a full volume myself that was originally posted there (though no one had started working on it yet) and received the raws from them.

According to the new editor's posts it only sounds like it's cleaned rather than fully edited though. Which is a bit odd because they offered help on Comprehensive Tovarisch first and were going to clean then typeset chapters they did work on but I pointed them towards Kase-san since we already have one person other than myself doing cleaning on it anyways and I'm handling the typesetting. (I wouldn't have minded them helping with typesetting but they specifically wanted to help with cleaning which is the place we're set on it for.)

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Alice Cheshire posted:

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

According to the new editor's posts it only sounds like it's cleaned rather than fully edited though. Which is a bit odd because they offered help on Comprehensive Tovarisch first and were going to clean then typeset chapters they did work on but I pointed them towards Kase-san since we already have one person other than myself doing cleaning on it anyways and I'm handling the typesetting. (I wouldn't have minded them helping with typesetting but they specifically wanted to help with cleaning which is the place we're set on it for.

I downloaded the file and it seems they've done the typesetting as well.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Michan posted:

Oh, alright. They were asking for someone to typeset so it sounded like they hadn't. Must not have wanted to wait for someone to offer then.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Alice Cheshire posted:

Michan posted:

Oh, alright. They were asking for someone to typeset so it sounded like they hadn't. Must not have wanted to wait for someone to offer then.

I'm guessing so.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to upload something to /u/ or 4 chan? I have no idea how it works or what to do. With the help of some amazingly, kind and helpful people I have been able to finish a chapter of a nice yuri book. I've got no blog, twitter or website so any help on the easiest way to get this out there would be much appreciated. I've got a dropbox and mediafire account.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to upload something to /u/ or 4 chan? I have no idea how it works or what to do. With the help of some amazingly, kind and helpful people I have been able to finish a chapter of a nice yuri book. I've got no blog, twitter or website so any help on the easiest way to get this out there would be much appreciated. I've got a dropbox and mediafire account.

Well, as far as I know you don't upload to 4chan itself. But you can upload your scanlation to Mediafire, and then post it as a link on 4chan, maybe in the Recent Releases section.

Also, you can send a upload request on this site asking us to upload it to the reader as well.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I would love to help with something but i can't speak/read/translate japanese stuf...

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

I asked Nechan regarding submitted a request to use a custom logo for my group Lazy Lily Fansubs, and they told me I'll post it here. So here goes.

To whom it may concern:

I wish to add a custom logo for my group Lazy Lily, and as far as I can tell, there is no dedicated thread that handles these requests. Are there any specific requirements I need to fulfill in order for the logo to be approved? For now, this is the logo I wish to be used.

http://lazylily.moe/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Lazy-Lily-Logo-1.png

Cheers

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just replying to SHiN, the guidelines for logos are here. drpepperfan has followed up on the request, though.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

http://lazylily.moe/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Lazy-Lily-Logo-1.png

That's about the least lazy logo I've ever seen.

Speaking of which, it appears that we are all logoless now?

[Edit: we are logod once more]

last edited at Mar 23, 2016 1:00PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Don't have any other way of contacting you, so hope you see this. But your Mediafire link didn't work, can you try again.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

drpepperfan posted:

Don't have any other way of contacting you, so hope you see this. But your Mediafire link didn't work, can you try again.

She'll probably see it anyways but since I'm in contact with her through email I linked her this to make sure she does.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Okay, I am trying one more time. Seems mediafire wants you to download one page at a time. So, ignore my last request and I am trying with dropbox this time.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Okay, I am trying one more time. Seems mediafire wants you to download one page at a time. So, ignore my last request and I am trying with dropbox this time.

It's cool, I already downloaded the pages. In the future can you Compress the folder into a ZIP/Rar/etc before linking it for upload? I think that's what caused this. Also any idea what issue of Girls Love Story it was in? Thanks for the help and translation.

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

[Updated post]

Looking for translators for my Aikatsu yuri book collection.

https://mega.nz/#F!KZFH1T4b!_OAX0ADOU3LoR-UMy7FEQQ

Link contains sample pages of the doujinshi I currently have in my computer.

Alternatively you can pick any book you want here: http://lazylily.moe/library/ However I will only begin scanning if you're fully committed. Ripping the pages isn't really a fun activity. If you're interested, please send me an email: shin.gx.fansubs@gmail.com

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

It's cool, I already downloaded the pages. In the future can you Compress the folder into a ZIP/Rar/etc before linking it for upload? I think that's what caused this. Also any idea what issue of Girls Love Story it was in? Thanks for the help and translation.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I'm not sure sure becasue I downloaded volume 9 from forkn and it had chapter 4 with the title and and chapter number erased (?) but on jbox it looks like chapter 4 is in vol. 4?

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

[Updated post]

Alternatively you can pick any book you want here: http://lazylily.moe/library/ However I will only begin scanning if you're fully committed. Ripping the pages isn't really a fun activity. If you're interested, please send me an email: shin.gx.fansubs@gmail.com

Do you have to know specific terminology to translate it? I missed Aikatsu when it was airing.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

My employment situation change a bit so I have significant amount of free time, I decide to offer my help in translating if any group is in need of translator. Though I'm not really good in Japanese(mainly reading kanji), so you need to help me quite a bit. I did a brief stint with YuriHouse back then but they decided to terminate it before I finished translating Chinatsu X Akari Doujin.

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

[Updated post]

Do you have to know specific terminology to translate it? I missed Aikatsu when it was airing.

No and if ever you read something that's unique to Aikatsu! (catchphrases, quips, mannerism, etc.), ask away and I will provide you the info. Regarding your kanji reading, you can always install Rikaichan or download KanjiTomo to help you out. If you're still interested, please let me know.

Additionally, I'm looking for an editor/QC'er for this Aikatsu! doujinshi: http://g.e-hentai.org/g/926103/5ec84a0152/

We're currently 90% done with the main script and we need an editor/QC'er to polish it up. There are a few requirements: You must be good at English with decent vocabulary. We're trying to avoid translation cliches like "you're stirring up insides!" and the like. Not a requirement, but it'd be nice the editor is familiar with the anime. It'll be easy to edit stuff you're familiar with.

Please do note that the doujinshi features a bit of rape and drug abuse.

last edited at May 2, 2016 12:32AM

kagakujinjya
Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

No and if ever you read something that's unique to Aikatsu! (catchphrases, quips, mannerism, etc.), ask away and I will provide you the info. Regarding your kanji reading, you can always install Rikaichan or download KanjiTomo to help you out. If you're still interested, please let me know.

I've just sent you an email regarding this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.