Forum › Okujou Yurirei-san anime petition!

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

some of you may know that visual novel Okujou yurirei-san are available in english, and now we make petition to Liar-Soft! https://www.change.org/p/liar-soft-make-kindred-spirits-on-the-roof-into-an-anime?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6207525115

sign in guys! :)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Would be cool, seeing that I LOVE Okujou no Yurirei-san to death, but I don't see it happening.

Yuri anime isn't a very popular genre in Japan, as far as I'm aware, and the Japanese media/anime industry clearly does not care much about overseas reception. Petitions for this sort of matter are just pipe dreams, so even if they DO decide to make an anime out of this, I can 100% guarantee it's not a result of this petition.

I think the series is fine as a game/drama CD series, frankly. Maybe a manga/light novel adaptation would be more realistic (and no, I'm not referring to the Side A/B doujins), but again, I don't see that happening either.

Nonetheless, you can hope and wish for it and maybe it'll actually happen one day - probably in the form of an OVA if anything. Keep your spirits up and just look forward to the English translations for the drama CD series. If you want to follow another upcoming yuri VN, take a look at Lilycle Rainbow Stage, which is coming out on April 28th. :)

E: By the way, rather than a petition, it would be FAR more reasonable to start a kickstarter. However, that kickstarter would need to be made by the creators themselves for it to be the least bit legitimate.

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 5:28AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

^ SIDE A and B are not doujins. They are official (canon) sequels to the game.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

^ SIDE A and B are not doujins. They are official (canon) sequels to the game.

Are they? I was unaware of that, haha. Side A was cute, but side B didn't appeal to me that much. I just bought both ebooks off of Amazon one day and read them before even playing the game.

Still, thanks for correcting me.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Would be cool, seeing that I LOVE Okujou no Yurirei-san to death, but I don't see it happening.

Yuri anime isn't a very popular genre in Japan, as far as I'm aware, and the Japanese media/anime industry clearly does not care much about overseas reception. Petitions for this sort of matter are just pipe dreams, so even if they DO decide to make an anime out of this, I can 100% guarantee it's not a result of this petition.

I think the series is fine as a game/drama CD series, frankly. Maybe a manga/light novel adaptation would be more realistic (and no, I'm not referring to the Side A/B doujins), but again, I don't see that happening either.

Nonetheless, you can hope and wish for it and maybe it'll actually happen one day - probably in the form of an OVA if anything. Keep your spirits up and just look forward to the English translations for the drama CD series. If you want to follow another upcoming yuri VN, take a look at Lilycle Rainbow Stage, which is coming out on April 28th. :)

E: By the way, rather than a petition, it would be FAR more reasonable to start a kickstarter. However, that kickstarter would need to be made by the creators themselves for it to be the least bit legitimate.

i know there's small chance to get animated, but still there's some hope to it, yeah i still wait for drama cd too :)

PS:lilycycle? is it another serilization?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Liar-Soft messaged the starter of the petition within the first week, they're interested in seeing how it goes.
If you base your decision of signing on whether you believe it will change anything or not is really what's gonna start making a difference. It's kinda similar to voter's apathy no?

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 4:24PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@adyatma16
Lilycle is currently a series of drama CDs that follow (currently) 6 pairings andhow they get together. Each drama CD focuses on a different couple. There are bonus CDs floating around here and there, as well as duo character songs. A visual novel adaptation is coming out on April 28th, which also has a 7th trio/pairing (unconfirmed) as its main characters.

The game has a calendar system, much like Okujou no Yurirei-san.

@Faust
Voter apathy? I suppose so. I didn't say I wouldn't sign it, but I understand completely that my post most likely came off the wrong way. Still, I'm trying to be realistic about it. I frankly don't see it happening, but hey, if it does, you won't see me complaining.

I just feel there needs to be more than just a petition to do the work though.

joined Sep 21, 2014

@Faust
Voter apathy? I suppose so. I didn't say I wouldn't sign it, but I understand completely that my post most likely came off the wrong way. Still, I'm trying to be realistic about it. I frankly don't see it happening, but hey, if it does, you won't see me complaining.

I know what you mean, it just feels like it was a really good work tho, and tbh, would make such a great yuri anime
There isn't a lot of yuri anime, and for real, not all of them were like, incredible either. Kindred Spirits really blew me away, it was amazing, it was portrayed beautifully and I'm so hopelessly attached to the characters and would love to see so much more from them. It has really great potential, wouldn't you agree?
At least the petition has caught Liar-Soft's attention, that's a good start already

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Faust

I know what you mean, it just feels like it was a really good work tho, and tbh, would make such a great yuri anime
There isn't a lot of yuri anime, and for real, not all of them were like, incredible either. Kindred Spirits really blew me away, it was amazing, it was portrayed beautifully and I'm so hopelessly attached to the characters and would love to see so much more from them. It has really great potential, wouldn't you agree?
At least the petition has caught Liar-Soft's attention, that's a good start already

Agreed, it was really well made and has a great story to it. It was a bit cliche, but it fit and worked out really well. I shed tears towards the end too (but I cry a lot anyway, haha).

Anyway, sorry about my first post coming off the wrong way! I think with proper crowdfunding, that would really grab their attention.

joined Sep 21, 2014

@Faust

Agreed, it was really well made and has a great story to it. It was a bit cliche, but it fit and worked out really well. I shed tears towards the end too (but I cry a lot anyway, haha).

Anyway, sorry about my first post coming off the wrong way! I think with proper crowdfunding, that would really grab their attention.

Ending broke my fucking heart, it was beautiful. I was dead for the next week, thank god there were an "epilogue" and extras. Though I'm not done with the extras yet, it feels like, if I do them too fast, I'll have to go through the same feeling of loss and nostalgia all over again ;___;
The senpai/kouhai couple trope is what I remember as being the cliche, but considering everything that happens for each couple, and having to keep track of everything happening in general, it was well diversified and each character was unique enough to stand out with their own set of characterizations, worries, flaws and eventual resolution.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

i have done the extra scene, the third year are going to graduation really hits me ;_; oh and the trio gamer! love them! really remind me about my friends as well

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

@adyatma16
Lilycle is currently a series of drama CDs that follow (currently) 6 pairings andhow they get together. Each drama CD focuses on a different couple. There are bonus CDs floating around here and there, as well as duo character songs. A visual novel adaptation is coming out on April 28th, which also has a 7th trio/pairing (unconfirmed) as its main characters.

The game has a calendar system, much like Okujou no Yurirei-san.

hmm I'll wait till it comes out!

last edited at Apr 13, 2016 12:07AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The senpai/kouhai couple trope is what I remember as being the cliche, but considering everything that happens for each couple, and having to keep track of everything happening in general, it was well diversified and each character was unique enough to stand out with their own set of characterizations, worries, flaws and eventual resolution.

Huh, I guess cliche was a bad word to use. I've seen the tropes for all pairings at least once before in the yuri mangas I've read (except ghost x ghost, surprisingly), so that's why I mentioned it. The stories for each pairing were also very basic to me, but it's oddly fitting and satisfying. What got me was that I knew that ghosts could not linger forever from the very beginning, but when the actual scene came by, it really hit me.

What actually hit EVEN HARDER was by the time we were introduced to the Nena/Sasa/Umi trio, I started to realize that Yuna became less lonely and antisocial. When the ending came along and made it clear that this was the case, I got emotional.

@adyatma16

The character in my avatar is also a part of the Lilycle series, if you're someone who is conscious about art/design.

last edited at Nov 1, 2016 4:06AM

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

@adyatma16

The character in my avatar is also a part of the Lilycle series, if your someone who is conscious about art/design.

looks good,you know i am really picky about art XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.