Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

dofudofu posted:

And I ended up babbling again... Well, I may defend Seju whenever hate starting spreading, but I hope it won't be necessary. I prefer to talk about theories and predictions for future chapters hehe.

I don't think there's any problem putting your foot down to defend your favs, but to be fair, in earlier parts of this forum, I think Sungji took more crap than Seju and it was majority TeamPink talking. Now I think it's a bit closer to 50/50.

I prefer to talk about current chapters and things that were noticed etc, so I think we all have our thing.

Actually, in the beginning it was Seju who received all the hate and was demonized, I already talked about it in other posts, Sungji never really had much crap, not even close to what Seju got, but unlike Seju, most complaints about Sungji is from both sides and about her not being fleshed out.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 9:42PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Azai
I personally don't judge Seju on her past mistakes. What bothers me is that she has been going on with this for 10 years. I don't even know to which extent this is realistic but it is a very unhealthy thing to do and yes, okay Seju messed up and she is really a tragic character but that doesn't mean that I have to be fond of her. I don't dislike her at all I think she's mostly a kind person. But she is not my favorite character and I do go like -.- meh when I see her but that's just my personal preference. I don't mean that there's something inherently wrong with Seju. I'm just personally not really interested in her and I can't relate to her.
Sumin is definitely not perfect and she might be more of a jerk than Seju but I like her because she's cool. I won't even make an excuse I really just like her because of that and objectively she isn't perfect obviously.
I don't think it's Seju against Sumin and Sungji. I just think that Seju will partly play the role of the antagonist to add drama in the story. I just personally think that's a nice way to add tension and interest. I don't mean she is going to be this bad guy that will try to take Sumin away from Sungji. But I think she might do something to influence Sumin or Sungji might end up asking her stuff and she might tell her and things like that... and I think this will cause drama. I don't really think she will do something bad to separate them but I do think she will try anything that can be considered civil in order to do so. Like telling Sungji she doesn't really know Sumin and that Sumin is too broken to be with her or sth (that was just a random example btw, don't take it word for word).
Also I admit at some point I said "I hate Seju" or sth early on but that was a bit of a joke plus she seemed more annoying at first since we didn't know her backstory.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 9:46PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

dofudofu posted:

And I ended up babbling again... Well, I may defend Seju whenever hate starting spreading, but I hope it won't be necessary. I prefer to talk about theories and predictions for future chapters hehe.

I don't think there's any problem putting your foot down to defend your favs, but to be fair, in earlier parts of this forum, I think Sungji took more crap than Seju and it was majority TeamPink talking. Now I think it's a bit closer to 50/50.

I prefer to talk about current chapters and things that were noticed etc, so I think we all have our thing.

Actually, in the beginning it was Seju who received all the hate and was demonized, I already talked about it in other posts, Sungji never really had much crap, not even close to what Seju got, but unlike Seju, most complaints about Sungji is from both sides and about her not being fleshed out.

Okay maybe I just started reading here when it was really majority TeamPink for a good stretch of posts.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Also, since when Seju ever tried to possess Sumin? She wants to be with Sumin, not possess her, sorry but in my opinion Seju never acted in a way that shows she care more about having Sumin with her instead of seeing her happy, if she ever did anything against Sumin relationships then I could agree, but I feel you're not seeing Seju how she really is, it was always Sumin who came back to use her and all Seju did was give support, if anything I see Seju wanting Sumin to be happy, sorry Kinetik_09, but I complely disagree on your view of Seju.

"No matter how much time it takes, she will be mine again" -Seju, chapter 27

Sounds like possession to me.

Love is not created equal and sometimes love can be/is unhealthy, obsessive, and possessive. And what does love mean if your love only extends so far as that person's willingness to be with you before it warps into something twisted?

That is what is pathetic about Seju. Her need to feel whole again by having Sumin as her possession, as her person she can say 'that is mine'. All of this irrespective of the fact that things will never be the same or go back to how they were.

Like, I get it. You fucked up, you feel bad about how things ended and there is dirt thrown on both sides...but to not move on? To relish in your own suffering and misery and to wish to drag the person you love so much down into the abyss with you? That's not healthy, it's pathetic and shows an inability to move the fuck on.

And you aren't obligated to agree with my perspective of Seju, that's what makes debate so much fun. ^_^

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 9:58PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

dofudofu
Don't worry, the reason it seens there's more Team Pink is because we're maybe a little too much defensive about Seju when someone talks against her, if you go read the thread since the beginning half the posts about Seju is about how she's evil and manipulative, they deny but most hate came from the cheating, the reason you don't see that anymore is because as soon as we saw Sumin true colors they stopped.

As for Sungji, did she ever get any crap at all from someone? I rememeber just seeing people calling her boring or something like that, but not because they don't like her, but because Team Gaji is just not showing enough of her and she can feel pretty shallow.

Kinetik_09
I think that is more obssessive than possissive, because she never really tried to actively own Sumin, she just really believe with all her strengh that in the end, no matter what happens, Sumin will end up coming back to her.

I would say Seju is pathetic because she really believes one day Sumin will come back to her, not because she believes she belongs to her.

Though Seju didn't move on, neither Sumin really moved on until she found Sungji, it's why I see her as important, not because she have a relationship with Sumin, but because after 10 years she is the one changing their dynamic.

Hey, don't worry about what you think about her, though it is kind of bad that we don't know much about Seju, she's at least complex enough that we can discuss a lot about her and most interpretations are right to a certain point.

Really, without Seju this would probably be a really nice and fluffy yuri with some sex, but would we really have anything to discuss about?

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 9:58PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

If that pretty girl was like Sumin I'd think about it >.>

Lol sounds like you're more TeamBlack than TeamBlonde.

You think so? some of my classmates seem to be reading wdtfs but I doubt they post here or anything... but maybe they are reading this right now... and they know everything I post!! o///o that's a bit embarrassing... >.>

I was just joking about meeting an ex here, but I have read a few stories on dynasty with them in the past and enjoyed the company, since I didn't start posting on the forum until recently and didn't have anybody to talk to about them.

eeeehhh? I found that really cute >///> and... sexy? She also seemed to just be kind of teasing >///< !! But, see? Sumin lets Sungji caress her as well :) She's like a tigress, cute cuddly tigress... err um >///>

More TeamBlack lol. For the story sure it's cute and funny, but in a real life context I'm not a fan of situations where someone's all over me and then is like wait what do you mean you're touching me without a heads up. It happens a lot more than you'd think. I guess you could turn that around and say well why don't you just tell them to ask for permission first too, but what's the fun in that. This just made me sound really anti-consent, which is not the case... I think Sumin understands Sungji's personality pretty well and is setting some boundaries, or my hope for Sungji x Sumin in-office butt-groping may really come true.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

dofudofu
Don't worry, the reason it seens there's more Team Pink is because we're maybe a little too much defensive about Seju when someone talks against her, if you go read the thread since the beginning half the posts about Seju is about how she's evil and manipulative, they deny but most hate came from the cheating, the reason you don't see that anymore is because as soon as we saw Sumin true colors they stopped.

Ah this makes sense. "Oh, they're both shitty people some times? Okay, we're cool now..."

As for Sungji, did she ever get any crap at all from someone? I rememeber just seeing people calling her boring or something like that, but not because they don't like her, but because Team Gaji is just not showing enough of her and she can feel pretty shallow.

Yeah I think most of the complaints are more about her being one-dimensional.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

dofudofu
I believe you're mixing things up, Team Pink is for those who want Seju x Sumin, Team Blonde is for those who want Sumin x Sungji, it doesn't have anything to do with liking the character, like I also said in other posts, if Team Black exists, it's threesome ending, since Sumin would be the one "winning" by getting both Seju and Sungji.

But in the end it's more or less treated as those who are on Seju side and those who are on Sumin/Sungji side even if they don't care about the shipping itself, but in the end the real use is about the endgame couple.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 10:07PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Thiaguinho-sama

Don't worry about it, it's not like we're going to get anywhere anyway, so don't worry about being part of the discussion or not.

Oh, I will definitely keep discussing Seju, because I like her. I only hope we can discuss other things rather than defending her, because that's kind of sad.

Well, don't want to reply the rest now, so does anyone else want to help dig my hole? Still embarassed because of my rousing speech... (T^T)

Don't be embarassed! Keep on the look out. If you rally, captain, I will answer! (`_´)ゞ
For now, I will come back to my sinking ship

Faylicia

I hope you didn't get my post personally. Like for real. I knew you could relate to some parts of my post, hence I mentioned I wasn't talking about you. I've read your texts here and they are pretty ok for me. You always made sure to state that everything you said was your point of view and, like you said, it's just personal preference. Believe me, you don't belong to the group of people who bothers me at all.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 10:09PM

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

That Seju's wish for Sumin's relationship to fail has nothing to do with those Sumin's failed relationships.

I'm with you here.

We know Sumin is still in love with Seju as the fact that Sumin always came back to Seju every time Sumin's new relationship failed, right? Those 34 chapters left can possibly turn the table.

And then you lost me here.

I 100% get why TeamPink is a thing and the popularity of Seju, but the idea that Sumin goes back to her because she's still in love is pretty bogus to me. She goes back because it's what she knows, like a security blanket. It's like when shit really hits the fan in your life, where do you go? You go to your family (blood or chosen), and Seju is Sumin's family. "Oh something shitty happened in my life? Let me go to the one person I know for sure will love me no matter how fucked up I am."

There were many other women to go back to. Why did she only choose Seju? If Seju just like a security blanket, then come on change to someone else next time. It would be kind of embarrassing to ask for helps from only Seju. It looked more like they were excuses Sumin used to see Seju.

I'm just completely confused that this is how you'd see things lol. We're on completely different pages on this one. What other women would Sumin go back to? I'm talking about going back to someone who you don't care if they see you as a complete mess. Sumin doesn't have anybody else in her life like that other than Seju (maybe Sungji now/eventually).

I think Sumin did have feelings for Seju but I doubt she was still in love with her. I doubt those chapters can turn the table; it's too late for that. I'm pretty sure Seju will try though.

They had dated since school, there must be tons of flashback about their romances we've not yet seen. If we could see a bit more about Seju, you guys' perceptions about Seju might change. If Seju from now on stop being a dog waiting for her master to come back by a miracle, the table sure can turn.

Just so much more confusion. The power of pink is strong with this one.

You guys. Seju is more of like a rebound for Sumin every time she gets hurt. Like: " I'm hurt but I still have someone stupid enough to let me fuck her over without any lube "
Will you guys still think that Sumin still love Seju with this kind of mentality ?? She's just using Seju to get over the heartbreak. Lol. And if ever Seju stops being a dog, heck why would Sumin even care ?? She's happy enough with Sungji, in the stage of healing without Seju. Again, WITHOUT SEJU. She only remembers Seju when she's hurt. That's it. Seju's a fucking rebound.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Kinetik_09
I think that is more obssessive than possissive, because she never really tried to actively own Sumin, she just really believe with all her strengh that in the end, no matter what happens, Sumin will end up coming back to her.

Matter of opinion I think. To me, Seju treats Sumin kind of like a new toy. WDTFS relies on A LOT of subtext and we don't get much from the characters, but that is the feeling I've always gotten, that Sumin is like a super rare collectible Pokemon to Seju.

I would say Seju is pathetic because she really believes one day Sumin will come back to her, not because she believes she belongs to her.

Though Seju didn't move on, neither Sumin really moved on until she found Sungji, it's why I see her as important, not because she have a relationship with Sumin, but because after 10 years she is the one changing their dynamic.

I think Sumin was making an effort in that time, however feeble and equally pathetic. She didn't just resign herself to the fact that she was miserable, she tried to address it, in her own passive aggressive way.

Hey, don't worry about what you think about her, though it is kind of bad that we don't know much about Seju, she's at least complex enough that we can discuss a lot about her and most interpretations are right to a certain point.

I think Seju is great for analyzing and understanding complex emotions. Love is rarely just that, and is often deeply layered with other, sometimes more sinister emotions that propel someone towards action (or inaction). I just hate her dialogue and constant yearning for something that doesn't exist anymore. I get desensitized to it after a while.

Really, without Seju this would probably be a really nice and fluffy yuri with some sex, but would we really have anything to discuss about?

Nah, we wouldn't, but I'm also totally okay with benign stories that focus on stupid happiness and sex (see, Lily Love).

Also Sungji is the mega ultimate rare cinnamon roll. I would read a sol solely focused on her daily exploits through life, even if it didn't involve any yuri.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 10:14PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

dofudofu
I believe you're mixing things up, Team Pink is for those who want Seju x Sumin, Team Blonde is for those who want Sumin x Sungji, it doesn't have anything to do with liking the character, like I also said in other posts, if Team Black exists, it's threesome ending, since Sumin would be the one "winning" by getting both Seju and Sungji.

But in the end it's more or less treated as those who are on Seju side and those who are on Sumin/Sungji side even if they don't care about the shipping itself, but in the end the real use is about the endgame couple.

I may be guilty of conflating TeamPink with fans of Seju, even if I like Seju despite not shipping Seju x Sumin. I haven't consciously thought about the naming much. Though I am pretty sure TeamBlack started as a joke here mostly, just for those who want any ending that will make Sumin happy.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 10:15PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

You guys. Seju is more of like a rebound for Sumin every time she gets hurt. Like: " I'm hurt but I still have someone stupid enough to let me fuck her over without any lube "
Will you guys still think that Sumin still love Seju with this kind of mentality ?? She's just using Seju to get over the heartbreak. Lol. And if ever Seju stops being a dog, heck why would Sumin even care ?? She's happy enough with Sungji, in the stage of healing without Seju. Again, WITHOUT SEJU. She only remembers Seju when she's hurt. That's it. Seju's a fucking rebound.

Unless the story really takes a turn, I really could never see Sumin and Seju's relationship this way.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 10:24PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Azai
When I said not need to be part of the discussion I meant about her importance.

I'm always on the look out, even if Team Pink sinks, I'm not really worried, cause in the end for me it's not just about the shipping, but about being on Seju side, so I'll get out on a lifeboat and continue supporting her, thought in my case I'm also on Team Black...

KitKat101
I still think Sumin is in a love/hate relationship with Seju.

Kinetik_09
Yeah, Seju is a great character for discussions, the fact that a lot of our conclusions is a matter of opinion really helps it.

Lily Love? I think WDTFS without Seju could be closer to FF, either way I bet it would also be really good.

dofudofu
Yeah I think Team Black started kind of as a joke, but beacuse some people think that Team Pink and Blonde are about the characters themselves, so they said Team Black because they like Sumin, some people already wanted a threesome ending so everyone could be happy, but I'm almost sure I am the one who really started Team Black = threesome ending, in part because like this maybe people won't make this mistake anymore and because like this all possible pairings have their own name.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 10:29PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Azai I get it thank you :) I also think your post was pretty cool for the most part :D

Also I don't think Seju sees Sumin as a rare pokemon to collect; I think she really is in love but this has been going on so long that she has lost sight of herself and her feelings and it has become more like a mindless obsession rather than actual love. She generally doesn't have this crazy personality and it's only with Sumin so it makes me think that she is not doing this just to posses Sumin but because she is just clinging to the past and is unable to move on. Though that kind of does involve possessing Sumin in the way that she wants to be the one Sumin will always come back to.
And yes, Sumin did make an effort. She tried to get into relationships and move on from Seju. Her mistake was that she always went back to Seju though and hurt her in the process and she should've suspected Seju was not exactly in her right mind and was still clinging to Sumin and loving her.
P.S -> Seju is the protagonist of the thread :P

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 10:31PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I might get a wrong idea about the teams' names. I think TeamPink is about Seju x Sumin mainly because it is about Seju having a good ending, no? Am I out of TeamPink now since I don't want Sumin x Seju anymore? To be honest, I don't want so much to see Sumin x Seju. I would prefer to see Seju moving on without Sumin.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Kinetik_09

Nah, we wouldn't, but I'm also totally okay with benign stories that focus on stupid happiness and sex (see, Lily Love).

Also Sungji is the mega ultimate rare cinnamon roll. I would read a sol solely focused on her daily exploits through life, even if it didn't involve any yuri.

I wouldn't mind reading about her opinions on toilet paper thickness. I really find her adorable. Lily Love, I don't know. Some days I really enjoy it, and other days I'm like this story is just not doing it for me. I don't know if there's an author I've had more mixed feelings about than Ratana these days. If we're talking about fluffy fluffy daily happiness, I'd go with Wife and Wife or Collectors.

Thiaguinho-sama

Yeah I think Team Black started kind of as a joke, but beacuse some people think that Team Pink and Blonde are about the characters themselves, so they said Team Black because they like Sumin, some people already wanted a threesome ending so everyone could be happy, but I'm almost sure I am the one who really started Team Black = threesome ending, in part because like this maybe people won't make this mistake anymore and because like this all possible pairings have their own name.

Haha I get it now.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

sia ue
Yeah, with time the meaning started to become blurred because of those who didn't know it was about the endgame pairings, but since it's pretty sure that Sumin will end with Sungji, I mean, one way or other, if you're on Sumin side or on Sungji side you end up on Team Blonde, since those who are on Sumin side want her happy the only team they can really be is Team Blonde, so Team Black is threesome ending, so since it's pretty much sure that Sumin will end with Sungji, maybe we should change Team Pink to be those who are just on Seju side and want her happy instead of wanting Seju x Sumin? Like I already said in other posts, I think it's easier to end in threesome ending instead of Sumin breaking up with Sungji to go back to Seju.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 10:57PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

ah well I want Seju to be happy too but I wouldn't say I'm team pink. I kind of think Sungji and Seju could become friends, it would be cool maybe :D But sleeping together no way... that's like Sumin sleeping with Nami.
Is TeamBlack for Sumin having both Sungji and Seju or for all of them to sleep together? I still don't get it... If I had to pick one I'd pick the first one but both seem cringy to me >.>

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Oh the nuances of a fandom lol...

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Let's create a new team named "TeamSeju".

joined Aug 10, 2015

I wouldn't mind reading about her opinions on toilet paper thickness. I really find her adorable. Lily Love, I don't know. Some days I really enjoy it, and other days I'm like this story is just not doing it for me. I don't know if there's an author I've had more mixed feelings about than Ratana these days. If we're talking about fluffy fluffy daily happiness, I'd go with Wife and Wife or Collectors.

Sungji is tooooooo adorable. Usually I don't go for the sweet innocent virgin to the world types because I'm sick of the trope, but Sungji not only makes it adorable, but wanted. I just want to see her be a young maiden in love, and her goofball face.

I like Lily Love because it's at the point of can't even lol. It's so cheesy that I just get a kick out of it. Ratana said after that one shot she wrote she wanted something light and fluffy, which LL definitely fits the bill for.

Wife and Wife was maaaaaad cute tho.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 11:07PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

maybe we should change Team Pink to be those who are just on Seju side and want her happy instead of wanting Seju x Sumin?

I wouldn't bother. Currently I'm more Team Seju than Team Pink anyway lol. Like, yeah, for me it would be lovely to see Sumin and Seju getting together somehow (I don't care how fucked up that would be). But that's not happening and that's fine. To be honest I even support Nam and Seju as long as that's well played in the series. In short, my ship can sink but Seju can't drown!

joined Aug 10, 2015

ah well I want Seju to be happy too but I wouldn't say I'm team pink. I kind of think Sungji and Seju could become friends, it would be cool maybe :D But sleeping together no way... that's like Sumin sleeping with Nami.

Actually I think NamixSeju would be nice. Im all here for Team Blue

joined Mar 8, 2014

Okay okay, lets have it like this, you can only pick on team so you'll either be TeamPink, TeamBlonde or TeamBlack (plot twist maybe Sumin would rather be a one girl's woman though :P). Also kind of scared about that nightmare she had being foreshadowing for threesome ending but I hope that's not it >.>
Anyway TeamPink is just the ones who are mainly invested in Seju and same for the other teams on their respective character. Radical TeamPink should be the ones who want Seju x Sumin ending :P
TeamBlue is another whole different team but... I kind of ship it too :P
Dom x Sub team, either Sumin with Sungji or Seju or Nami with Sungji Seju.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 11:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.