Forum › OT: Old-school animes and cartoons you'd like to see remade

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Totally off-topic, but i was thinking about old-school animes and American/Canadian cartoons I would love to see remade. The first one that popped into mind was Danger Mouse. I was also going to mention Speed Racer, but I see it's been remade. Anyone else know of some oldies, but goodies that deserves a second look?

joined Jan 8, 2016
Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Stop Hibari-Kun

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Prince Namor
Captain Planet
Magical Guruguru
Magical taruruuto-kun
Dragon Quest Dai's adventure
Zatch Bell (Not that old,but whatever)
3 eyes boy
Phoenix (tezuka osamu)
Fantastic Planet

last edited at Feb 21, 2016 7:57AM

joined Apr 15, 2011

Prince Namor
Captain Planet
Magical Guruguru
Magical taruruuto-kun
Dragon Quest Dai's adventure
Zatch Bell (Not that old,but whatever)
3 eyes boy
Phoenix (tezuka osamu)
Fantastic Planet

man i forgot about Prince Namor. might be fun to see dueling episodes of Namor going back-to-back against Aquaman.

Fantastic Planet - seen this a dozen times but never knew that name. also, i'm not making any comparisons, but i wonder if bits and pieces of Avatar might have been inspired from FP?

i'd prolly add Aeon Flux as well. it isn't that old, but i'd just like the characters to get a make-over.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Hmmm... well Samurai Jack is getting a new season soon so I don't need to worry there.

Both Thundercats and He-Man had remakes but both fizzled sadly (I'm more sad about Thundercats tbh). She-ra might be a good one actually.

Lastly, I would have LOVED to have gotten more Batman Beyond. Cyber-punk batman was such a great idea, too bad it got cancelled early in season 3.

That's all I've got right now for American cartoons.

As for anime...... Great Teacher Onizuka, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, and Berserk could use remakes because 1), G.T.O. leaves waaay too many great moments out! 2), YKK is just such a fantastic anime that the OVA, while very good, left too much out. And 3), Berserk's original anime series perfectly captured the tone but again, left waaay too much out and definitely could have gotten more season out of it before a certain moment.

joined May 24, 2014

Bravestar

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Car Voltron would be cool. I liked the larger ensemble cast idea way more than the "five idiots with lions" thing.

joined Apr 15, 2011

Car Voltron would be cool. I liked the larger ensemble cast idea way more than the "five idiots with lions" thing.

lol. well, the whole 5-character shtick has been overplayed (i.e. power rangers), but Voltron might find a good following especially since Gatchaman was remade. i'd guess that fans of one would easily follow the other.

hell, i just wish the majority of cartoons and anime i watched as a kid would be remade. well, i have a few exceptions. please, please, please never remake Gem, Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, or My Little Pony. *blegh*

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

lol. well, the whole 5-character shtick has been overplayed (i.e. power rangers), but Voltron might find a good following especially since Gatchaman was remade. i'd guess that fans of one would easily follow the other.

Lion Voltron has been remade over and over and over and bloody over again. I'm heartily sick of it, especially given I liked Car Voltron better right from the start.

hell, i just wish the majority of cartoons and anime i watched as a kid would be remade. well, i have a few exceptions. please, please, please never remake Gem, Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, or My Little Pony. *blegh*

Well, Jem has apparently revived as a very good comic series that's gotten a lot of accolades. So that's a thing. And what appears to be a terrible movie, which I guess evens things out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.