Forum › A "small" topic for video games

joined Jan 8, 2016
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Wow, that's... I probably heard a lot of trademark applications that are at least half as ridiciulous as this, but I can't think of any right now.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Fuck off, Sony.

Amazing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, that's... I probably heard a lot of trademark applications that are at least half as ridiciulous as this, but I can't think of any right now.

It's actually pretty typical for companies like that to toss out a slew of trademark applications, not really expecting most of them to go through. It's fairly low cost, and if they do happen to have a couple succeed then there's a good payoff. Look the Candy Crush Saga guys trying to trademark "saga" as a good example of that.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Look the Candy Crush Saga guys trying to trademark "saga" as a good example of that.

Yep, that was the one. I knew I heard some really stupid stuff. Didn't they try to make those guys with the viking game pay for using saga in their title? Cause if they did, that's actually more stupid then trademarking Let's Play.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Look the Candy Crush Saga guys trying to trademark "saga" as a good example of that.

Yep, that was the one. I knew I heard some really stupid stuff. Didn't they try to make those guys with the viking game pay for using saga in their title? Cause if they did, that's actually more stupid then trademarking Let's Play.

I think what they ended up doing was sending a "lawyer's letter", which is basically saying "don't do something we don't like" but despite being sent on the lawyer's letterhead isn't backed by any sort of legal force. Firms do that a lot, hoping the recipient will mistake it for an actual legal threat, when it's really no such thing.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Taking a break from Borderlands since my copies of Neptunia U and Noire's game arrived... super late and Amazon **** up with Re;birth 2 so I have to order it again, I guess I'll wait till another price drop. And I'll probably have to buy Re;birth 3 on psn instead because of the defective copies...I'd still rather have my physical copy hmm...

So far the writing in Noire's game feels like a bad fan fiction lol, the gameplay is fun and the kisses are addictive hehe. U's writing feels just right.

Fuck off, Sony.

Uh...wtf...

Series: Atelier Series Pairing: Totori x Mimi Link: pixiv1 pixiv2

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013
Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sony fails

"Let'z Play of America, a company out of Georgia that gamers with gaming events..."

Hold up, they do what with gaming events, now?

That said, none of this is shocking. It was probably one of 20 or 30 quickly slapped-together applications submitted on the off chance one of them would get through.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Undertale Honest Trailer

I've never watched those before, that was pretty good.

I'm partial to Zero Punctuation's review of Undertale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCFGU79rX34

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

twizbuck posted:

Undertale Honest Trailer

I've never watched those before, that was pretty good.

I'm partial to Zero Punctuation's review of Undertale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCFGU79rX34

They have various channels but only in two they put those videos, so they have two different playlists of Honest Trailers, one for games and one for movies and a few series.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

lol... yeah

more

last edited at Jan 14, 2016 9:42PM

joined Aug 4, 2014

Anybody here played "The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns?"? This VN came up on Steam few days ago and caught my attention cause 1) it's yuri (never enough yuri!), 2) it's free.
I haven't played much VNs in my life (only one actually - Katawa Shoujo, baby's first VN XD), so my expectations are not as high as some of you. As for "Sad Story..." I wouldn't treat it as full-fledged game, since it's really short, linear and not as complex as many other titles, more like a demo of some sort? Some kind of draft? I dunno. Anyway, that's really nice of authors that they didn't charge anything for their title cause Steam (Greenlight particularly) is plagued by people who dare charging money for absolute trash: uninspired, often unplayable, filled with bugs and glitches, made of pre-made assets cobbled together without any effort what so ever.
And as far as "Sad Story..." is not a masterpiece, I feel genuine effort in this title and I could imagine authors pulling at least decent game in the future. Story has good premise (although it's kinda predictable at some points, it's overall well... sad and sometimes even cute), characters are surprisingly fleshed out for such a short title (and they look so pretty!) and there's even character development of main heroine in the end. If you can spare two hours, you can play it - just don't expect too much. I would rate this game 6/10, maybe even 7, cause like I said I feel some effort and story is still better than many of the titles here, on dynasty XD. Not a life changing experience definetely, but I don't feel like I wasted my time.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yandere Simulator Dev is having some fun, https://youtu.be/-YgosG9mqMI?t=2m28s

Undertale spoilers, sorta.

Thiaguinho-sama
Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

flips posted:

Life is Strange Honest Trailer

Life is Solid V: The Polarized Pain Trailer

Haha, nice video flips, I need to play Phantom Pain, on the subject of Snake, you made me remember this page of Green Worldz, the chapter is recent, made after Phantom Pain release, but Akira lost his eye and arm way before it, in second half of 2014 I think, so does it count as ripping-off Metal Gear? There's also his older time traveler version Iwatobi, so maybe they have always been based on Snake and Big Boss, maybe it was planned from the beginning and it's just a coincidence that Snake got a prosthetic arm too...

last edited at Jan 20, 2016 2:01AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Dang it! Every single local store I checked told me they don't know if they are going to sell the special edition of FE: fates, apparently I have to wait till release, and it's still sold out at amazon. And I still have to think about digimon and the other games that are coming out...rip wallet again.

Oh and a relative sent me a working copy of RE;birth 3 yay!

Series: SB69 Pairing: Rosia x Tsukino Link: pixiv

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

So, I found by accident that supposedly Life is Strange Season 2 is confirmed, but I didn't find anything else after that, someone has any idea if they said something more about it? Although if they kill Max x Chloe they shouldn't even bother trying to make a sequel... >_>

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

This line: Noire and the Kitten 1 scene. Re;birth 3

(alt)Noire: Sasuga Neptune! Aishiteru wa!!!!
As expected of you, Neptune! I love you!

Neptune lampshades this without rejecting the idea...as usual. Ok, was this in the original Victory or am I getting senile?
This is after she said she doesn't care about her and Plutia is a good friend couple of lines ago. I can't wait till Blanc vs zombies comes out...I'll just farm more lily points on the other games while I wait XD.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Can't believe I never saw this till now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8YimHqsjc

Emotions.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh boy! some big changes in FE: http://kotaku.com/the-english-version-of-fire-emblem-fates-wont-have-the-1755121353

As I reported last week, Nintendo is removing a scene that’s been regarded as homophobic from the upcoming English version of the turn-based tactical role-playing game. It involves your male player character spiking the drink of another character named Soleil, a woman who’s physically attracted to other women, with magic powder. The result is that she comes to see men as women, ultimately falling for the (male) player character. Given the historical context of things like gay conversion therapy, it’s a plot line with serious potential to re-open some old wounds. Also, it’s convoluted as the goddamn Da Vinci Code—or the latest sequel in Dan Brown’s book series series, B.o.B’s Twitter feed.

well...duh...

“Yes, that is the case [that petting isn’t in the English version]. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”

wow lol. Not sure how I feel about this one.

While the [ ! ] icon still remains on the My House within your My Castle, it’s questionable as to if this will be removed in its entirety and replaced with something else, or altered in a way that its title is simply unique from its previous one.

also this last one might be kinda interesting... nah not gonna happen

I asked Nintendo for more information about specific changes—especially in regard to Soleil and other romances that take potentially localization-unfriendly turns—but Nintendo didn’t want to spoil specifics. They did, however, once again offer that making changes in the name of localization is not unusual, and that it’s happened with many of their games in the past.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

No petting? Seriously? We just can't have nice things right? And not surprising that they decided to just remove Soleil romance, guess next time they'll try to do a less shitty romance, probably won't really change much as most romances in FE are pretty shitty, can't wait to see what more shitty changes they did, bet they don't want to say what else was changed cause people will probably hate it, is it just me or latest FE's had pretty bad localizations?

joined Jan 8, 2016

Fire Emblem is boring, rip Advance Wars

This topic has been locked.