Forum › Anyone would like to make a -oneshot- with me?

joined Nov 24, 2015

I will provide the arts, but I need a partner to provide the story line and dialogue. I'm open for suggestion regarding story wise. Since Christmas is near, can make a story around that theme. If anyone is seriously interested in working with me, please post here. I will reply back asap when my schedule allows me.

Inspired by the Original Manga lol -> "The Mistress Story"

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Could be interesting. I write short fiction & non fiction normally, and am currently collaborating on a graphic novel and a webcomic with two artists. I have a bunch of backlogged storyboards that could be fun to work with, depending on if our styles mesh.

If you can find me on IRC I'd be more comfortable providing my email there.

joined Nov 24, 2015

Could be interesting. I write short fiction & non fiction normally, and am currently collaborating on a graphic novel and a webcomic with two artists. I have a bunch of backlogged storyboards that could be fun to work with, depending on if our styles mesh.

I don't how IRC works.
I can give you my email since it's a game account email rather than personal.
annie_d14@ymail.com

Before we start our story making journey. I want you to know a little concern I have when working together. The last few times I tried working with someone, the author ended up picking too picky with the art. They wanted me to basically redo every scene their way and very picky about every little details in the art.

last edited at Nov 24, 2015 10:57AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't how IRC works.
annie_d14@ymail.com

Before we start our story making journey. I want you to know a little concern I have when working together. The last few times I tried working with someone, the author ended up picking too picky with the art. They wanted me to basically redo every scene their way and very picky about every little details in the art.

That seems to be an issue with most collaborations, haha. Everybody has their own ideas. As far as it goes, I'm willing to provide storyboard information with script and directives, but I trust an artist to diverge as they see fit. Art isn't my forte, the writing is,so I tend to let people run with what they give them. The overall work has to reflect their own style and artistic direction too, otherwise they can't call the piece their own.

I'm usually more concerned with artistic ability and how well it goes together with my own take on the story, but I'll shoot you an email to see if we find it worth exploring.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

anni

The last few times I tried working with someone, the author ended up picking too picky with the art. They wanted me to basically redo every scene their way and very picky about every little details in the art.

Haha, that is exactly the reason I don't want to collaborate xD My visions are too perfect, I'm afraid nobody but me can capture them ;x Makes inability to draw even more frustrating though x3

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

anni

The last few times I tried working with someone, the author ended up picking too picky with the art. They wanted me to basically redo every scene their way and very picky about every little details in the art.

Haha, that is exactly the reason I don't want to collaborate xD My visions are too perfect, I'm afraid nobody but me can capture them ;x Makes inability to draw even more frustrating though x3

Just take up drawing! Practice every day, haha. That's what I do. I prefer to work with more talented artists because my skills are mediocre though. I had to search for an artist who was good at watercolors, I'm horrible at that.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

esn

Just take up drawing! Practice every day, haha.

I know, but I'm just terrible at getting motivated >.<

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

esn

Just take up drawing! Practice every day, haha.

Buy an expensive set of drawing pencils and feel motivated because you spent too much money and are now committed ;_; Not that I did that...

I ended up bartering to get biweekly art lessons so if you have any skills to trade it's pretty easy to find a teacher. My friends also ended up asking me for some charcoal pet portraits so now I'm stuck and have to keep going.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Buy an expensive set of drawing pencils and feel motivated because you spent too much money and are now committed

Bought a 200€ drawing tablet. Only helped for so long.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Buy an expensive set of drawing pencils and feel motivated because you spent too much money and are now committed

A drawing tablet is on my Christmas list because I'm not brave enough to make that purchase myself. I'm too afraid of being disappointed if I stop.

I'm pretty much only good at pet portraits anyway.

joined Nov 24, 2015

I don't how IRC works.
annie_d14@ymail.com

That seems to be an issue with most collaborations, haha. Everybody has their own ideas. As far as it goes, I'm willing to provide storyboard information with script and directives, but I trust an artist to diverge as they see fit. Art isn't my forte, the writing is,so I tend to let people run with what they give them. The overall work has to reflect their own style and artistic direction too, otherwise they can't call the piece their own.

I'm usually more concerned with artistic ability and how well it goes together with my own take on the story, but I'll shoot you an email to see if we find it worth exploring.

I do art streaming a few times a months for my online friends on join.me. Maybe we can do something like that when making the main characters since they are the heart of the story. That way, you can give me input in real time instead of going back and forth through email.

For this manga, I'm aiming for a detailed but cute style like below.
Will probably create a style of its own for the oneshot
http://40.media.tumblr.com/c7326612cc29a2ad4a13a4d2ca05801f/tumblr_nsshp00dlO1ud4tyro1_1280.png
http://40.media.tumblr.com/a607f26c0bae097273e48b8395a26e26/tumblr_nsmbxaglbM1ud4tyro1_1280.png

Only 2 art references I have that's manga ish, most of my stuffs are colored xD I have the necessary tools to tone and panel the manga. I just haven't had the time or motivation to practice.

last edited at Nov 24, 2015 11:55AM

joined Nov 24, 2015

I have 4 tablets for art XD I gave 1 away. I mainly use my old cintiq now. Best investment I ever made.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

A drawing tablet is on my Christmas list because I'm not brave enough to make that purchase myself. I'm too afraid of being disappointed if I stop.

I'm pretty much only good at pet portraits anyway.

Drawing tablets are awesome, drawing in Photoshop really opens up a whole new dimension of possibilities. You'll probably need at least a month to get used to it, especially drawing while not looking at your hands, but it's worth it.

Just don't expect it to make drawing easier.

cintiq

Aaaand I'm jealous.

last edited at Nov 24, 2015 11:55AM

joined Nov 24, 2015

I don't how IRC works.
annie_d14@ymail.com

I do art streaming a few times a months for my online friends on join.me. Maybe we can do something like that when making the main characters since they are the heart of the story. That way, you can give me input in real time instead of going back and forth through email.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/c7326612cc29a2ad4a13a4d2ca05801f/tumblr_nsshp00dlO1ud4tyro1_1280.png
http://40.media.tumblr.com/a607f26c0bae097273e48b8395a26e26/tumblr_nsmbxaglbM1ud4tyro1_1280.png

Only 2 art references I have that's manga ish, most of my stuffs are colored xD I have the necessary tools to tone and panel the manga. I just haven't had the time or motivation to practice.

That style is way too cute. I'd be excited to work with you. I have a few questions on your comfort level with action and movement in the story - your art is certainly worth showcasing and I'd hate a hugely text and dialogue based story ruining it. Got any movement and background examples? Also, get back to me on the "feel" of a story you'd like to illustrate.

Okay, give me a few seconds to look through my sketches and answer your questions regarding the 'feel.' I'll email you since I don't want to spam this thread with crappy doodles lol

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't how IRC works.
annie_d14@ymail.com

That style is way too cute. I'd be excited to work with you. I have a few questions on your comfort level with action and movement in the story - your art is certainly worth showcasing and I'd hate a hugely text and dialogue based story ruining it. Got any movement and background examples? Also, get back to me on the "feel" of a story you'd like to illustrate.

Okay, give me a few seconds to look through my sketches and answer your questions regarding the 'feel.' I'll email you since I don't want to spam this thread with crappy doodles lol

Email is best. Can't be giving away our story secrets so soon. I'm excited. I think I may have a few things you'd be interested in.

joined Nov 24, 2015

I don't how IRC works.
annie_d14@ymail.com

Email is best. Can't be giving away our story secrets so soon. I'm excited. I think I may have a few things you'd be interested in.

I'm more excited to draw XD It will give me something to do after work other than heading straight to bed at 9pm. And email sent, had to give some thought into it.

joined May 23, 2015

Here's your motivation.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Here's your motivation.

That's amazing progress. I think that's pretty damn motivational.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Here's your motivation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLFIqpOuuA

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

moguTL

Here's your motivation.

It will take 3 years though xD

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

moguTL

Here's your motivation.

It will take 3 years though xD

Only if you work hard.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

thats cool, i think it would be impossible for me to work with someone since the stories i think of are too damn complicated and erratic and reallly really really bipolar..............and i can't write properly even if my life depended on it

last edited at Nov 24, 2015 10:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.