Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Wide pages often don't scale correctly.

Not sure if the same solution (or even problem) is applicable to the mobile web browsers, but it seems like it doesn't scale correctly on my mobile phone either. I use Windows Phone 8.

http://i.imgur.com/85359eG.png
http://i.imgur.com/DTbl6DS.png

First one is "normal", then the second one is expanded.
There doesn't really seem to be much a difference between the two.
And it does make it a pain to have to zoom in and out.

Not sure if it really is a problem since it does have to do with resolutions and all... but just wanted to let you know.
I'll check if the iOS and Android platforms have the same problem too later.

Semi-related problem regarding mobile browsers would be that on some really long chapters, the list of number of pages doesn't show all of the numbers. Or better stated, has so many pages that it just becomes lost.
I'll update this post with a screenshot later.

Would there be a way to list releases chronologically as they appear on the front page instead of the way they appear in the Recently Added tab?
It seems like the Recently Added tab lists all chapters that have been uploaded, regardless of whether they are "new" or just old releases, whereas the front page only lists actual "new" chapters.

As someone who visits a few times a week, it can be a bit hard to find recent material that has disappeared off the main page in between visits.

Also wanted to +1 this. If you miss a week or two, sifting through the Recently Added tab can really be a pain.
It can also be a hassle if you're trying to read older releases (that aren't part of a series or aren't Touhou) by just going through all of the "Recently Added" releases. The only saving grace is the "blacklist" or "whitelist" option in your settings if you're really just looking for particular (or not certain) genres. But other than that, it can be rather time consuming.

And speaking of whitelisting and blacklisting... I actually also have a question that may have already been answered. Why is it that users are limited to only 5 (or well, 4 in my case) blacklist options? (It doesn't seem to be an added sum of both the blacklist and whitelist options though, since I have 6 in total, but only 4 in blacklist and 2 in whitelist.) There is probably a reason behind the limit, but may I ask what it is?

last edited at Aug 19, 2013 3:13AM

Teast
joined Aug 17, 2013

It's currently based on IP.

Just download 1 chapter today, and "limit 8 download per day" appear.
Someone please explain to me, if this only happen to me. Now i can't really follow up any manga chapter without refreshing ip for 24hours.

last edited at Aug 19, 2013 3:55AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Someone please explain to me, if this only happen to me. Now i can't really follow up any manga chapter without refreshing ip for 24hours.

Are you sure no one is sharing your IP? What browser are you using to try to download? Are you using a download accelerator or something similar to download?

last edited at Aug 19, 2013 2:51PM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Would there be a way to list releases chronologically as they appear on the front page instead of the way they appear in the Recently Added tab?
It seems like the Recently Added tab lists all chapters that have been uploaded, regardless of whether they are "new" or just old releases, whereas the front page only lists actual "new" chapters.

As someone who visits a few times a week, it can be a bit hard to find recent material that has disappeared off the main page in between visits.

Been meaning to add that for a while.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

And speaking of whitelisting and blacklisting... I actually also have a question that may have already been answered. Why is it that users are limited to only 5 (or well, 4 in my case) blacklist options? (It doesn't seem to be an added sum of both the blacklist and whitelist options though, since I have 6 in total, but only 4 in blacklist and 2 in whitelist.) There is probably a reason behind the limit, but may I ask what it is?

Users are limited to five each for performance reasons.

It should be five each, I will check that out to make sure it is functioning properly.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Page selection box in iOS view would be a good adition.

I do want to add it back in, and do a general overhaul for smartphones. But atm other things have a higher priority.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Been meaning to add that for a while.

This has been implemented. There is now a pagination control at the bottom of the homepage, to view older chapters by release date.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Story of the Goddess who Sought Death (fixed, someone needs to fix the title)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tpu8bd66x56phkn/Story_of_the_Goddess_who_sought_death_%28fixed_pgs%29.rar

fixed grammatical error pages

Teast
joined Aug 17, 2013

Are you sure no one is sharing your IP? What browser are you using to try to download? Are you using a download accelerator or something similar to download?

Im using Chrome, and yea, i'm the only internet user in this house.
Im using IDM for downloading files.

last edited at Aug 20, 2013 12:41AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Im using IDM to download files.

Stop using the download manager. Download managers work by essentially opening up multiple instances of the download at once, each of which counts against the 8 per day.

last edited at Aug 20, 2013 9:04AM

Teast
joined Aug 17, 2013

Stop using the download manager. Download managers work by essentially by opening up multiple instances of the download at once, each of which counts against the 8 per day.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Is there somewhere on the forum or around the site that has the forum rules? The question of linking raws came up on a board, but I don't know is the rules have been posted anywhere.

Teast
joined Aug 17, 2013

Stop using the download manager. Download managers work by essentially by opening up multiple instances of the download at once, each of which counts against the 8 per day.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Nevermind. It didn't work.

• Uninstall IDM, remove completely from my system.
  • Download 1 chapter, and my ip still marked as "8 chapter per day".

last edited at Aug 20, 2013 9:59AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

When did you last download a chapter? By 8 per day, it is technically 8 per 24 hour period.

Teast
joined Aug 17, 2013

When did you last download a chapter? By 8 per day, it is technically 8 per 24 hour period.

it's 17 hours ago. Probably only me having this problem.
Oh.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I wonder if you could disable multiple simultaneous downloads to prevent things like this?

Teast
joined Aug 17, 2013

I wonder if you could disable multiple simultaneous downloads to prevent things like this?

Nah, usually my internet connection is limited to 50kbps per download. So i can't really use multiple download.
And i'm using wireless broadband modem for my internet connection.
And heck, i can't even view youtube normally, due its buffering slow as hell.

Anyways, thanks. i guess i'm the only one have this problem. I'll try to use other connection to read manga from this site.

Thanks for you guys hardwork.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Added a new option to the user profile to automatically add notified chapters to your To Read list. By default it is off.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

http://dynasty-scans.com/series?view=cover

Implemented cover view the the directory. There are buttons to activate it in the top right.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, but...
Something similar to Upload Request, but for existing series - "Update Request", or something like that.
To let uploaders know that new chapters of some series were scanlated, but are not yet on Reader.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, but...
Something similar to Upload Request, but for existing series - "Update Request", or something like that.
To let uploaders know that new chapters of some series were scanlated, but are not yet on Reader.

You can use an Upload Request for those as well.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

It should be five each, I will check that out to make sure it is functioning properly.

Tried adding one more to my Blacklist and this occurred.
http://puu.sh/49wmk.png

Thanks for your hard work!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san:
For some reason, when reading, chapter 0 goes after chapter 1.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san:
For some reason, when reading, chapter 0 goes after chapter 1.

Doesn't seem to be the case for me. Someone must've fixed it \o/

last edited at Aug 25, 2013 12:20PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, now it's fine.

To reply you must either login or sign up.