Forum › US supreme court has ruled gay marriage is legal throughout the US.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It occurs to me that the things opponents have been saying are pretty similar (from what I've heard) to what was being said when the supreme court struck down bans on interracial marriages decades ago. The only difference was that then a majority still opposed interracial marriage while now a majority already supports same sex marriage.

I've actually seen quite a few people mention this now and it's kinda hilarious because it only ends up making those that oppose it even worse. The fact they struck down interracial marriage bans despite having little public support while it's a majority for gay marriage and it's still taking forever to get people to stop being morons about it is kinda disappointing though. then again seeing how many opposing arguments I've seen from politicians trying to use religion to justify their views only shows they're not very smart since they can't even grasp the simple idea of separation of church and state.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Yeah. To them separation of church and state means "The state shall not impose someone else's religion on me, but my religion (which after all is the one true religion) must control the state and through it impose my religion on everybody else. Anything less means I have no freedom of religion. (Everyone else's freedom of religion is the freedom to have my religion.)"

Edit: Religious freedom laws? Hah!! Religious oppression laws!

Edit 2: Our previous governor Kathlene Sebelius, a catholic, never let her religious views influence her public policy.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 4:39PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

These same people claim Obama's a Muslim so he isn't allowed to be President. Also, he's a terrorist and commie.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 4:36PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Edit: And don't read this one unless you have an iron stomach. I was unable to read very much of it.

From all I read the main gist of it is:

Claims that society will fall.

Christians/Church don't want any part of this,

therefore it should not be allowed for same-sex to marry each other regardless of how they do it (paper-work legally, ceremonies (whether it be their own or else))

... sounds like someone would have a great time living in the Middle Ages.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 4:48PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Five unelected judges

That's kinda the point. They're supposed to be experts who make their decisions based on a written law, not the voters', I mean Republican's opinion.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 4:52PM

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Give this to your homophobic friends;

and this to your gay friends. Spoiler alert this one is satyr.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 8:43AM

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Wasn't there a pastor who said he'd light himself on fire if gay marriage got legalised?

I hope he sells tickets!

At first I was a little conflicted about this, but after I thought about it, I decided that it wasn't the samething as the federal government trying to take over the rights of the states (civil war). It's just righting a wrong.

So paint me like a rainbow and call me happy. :D

sometimes it's good that a court can step in. the laws that states pass are not always good. if wasn't for the courts inter-racial relationships marriage / rights , African-American rights , woman rights , and now lgbt marriage/rights wouldn't have happened without the courts

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Regarding that pastor who said he'd light himself on fire, he's now saying he didn't mean it literally, I mean geez!

Huge disappointment all around. They don't make martyrs like they used to.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Regarding that pastor who said he'd light himself on fire, he's now saying he didn't mean it literally, I mean geez!

How exactly does one figuratively light themselves on fire?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

His hearth is burning with sadness? Or he feels as if he was burn by that decision?

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

His hearth is burning with sadness? Or he feels as if he was burn by that decision?

He can always take a photo of himself, and burn it.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The Ramstein singer sets himself on fire during performances doesn't he? Ask him for tips, then he can stay honest AND not die from it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

The Ramstein singer sets himself on fire during performances doesn't he? Ask him for tips, then he can stay honest AND not die from it.

Pastor wouldn't lower himself to ask for tips someone who worship deviations.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Well one of my old science teachers set prospective students hands on fire, so there must be places to get the knowledge from.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well one of my old science teachers set prospective students hands on fire, so there must be places to get the knowledge from.

Pastor and science? That is not going to work. Getting knowledge isn't really their thing.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Pastor and science? That is not going to work. Getting knowledge isn't really their thing.

Well then, maybe a scientist should have made it their duty to pretend that whatever it was was a kind of miracle juice sent by Jesus to cheat the unbelievers?

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 7:55PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well then, maybe a scientist should have made it their duty to pretend that whatever it was was a kind of miracle juice sent by Jesus to cheat the unbelievers?

Sigh, or he should have just set himself on fire. Sorry, I don't really have any clever jokes.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Sigh, or he should have just set himself on fire. Sorry, I don't really have any clever jokes.

Yay, I won wit war one! Or that's what I'm going with.

Definately sould have set himself on fire though. would have made for great news.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well that just sounds boring. And kinda petty on his part. (Not that his actions weren't petty in the first place.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.