Forum › Two Scarlet Sacraments Under the Starry Sky discussion

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

AH! I really wanted to see the battle to the very end T-T Still I really enjoyed reading both parts :3

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

This is so good. Great retelling and yuri to boot.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

A RATHER MASTER PIECE.
While it's a pity that they didn't draw an Imperishable Night book.

last edited at Oct 6, 2013 9:25AM

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

A RATHER MASTER PIECE.
While it's a pity that they didn't draw an Imperishable Night book.

They should. It would be pretty interesting on how it would turn out.

orgies with demons, yes.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Pages 84, 86, 87, and 97 of part two make me grit my teeth. I'm not going back to reread the other parts which are just as atrociously out of character. I figured out what bothered me so much about this and the PCB remake after reading SSiB. They feel wrong. Every single character feels wrong. It's like they're acting correctly (sometimes) but the spirit behind their actions is out of phase with who they are.

Remilia going into a dramatic monologue halfway through the fight and making a big deal about losing? She doesn't care about losing, she's playing. A comment Zun made about Remilia in EoSD (technically through Reimu) is her danmaku showed "The tricky trajectories are kind of like a child trying to play just a little longer." The entirety of SSiB and SWR is her doing something because she's bored. And it's not that she doesn't care about Gensokyo or Reimu, but she'd never swear allegiance to them in this way. Like what the hell, she's dedicating herself to Reimu moments after meeting her? Because Reimu's her type apparently? That's just...

And Flandre, she's not insecure as she's mostly depicted here. In EoSD she's excitable, curious, and doesn't know when to hold back. She is not afraid of her ability, because she has never been given reason to.

Reimu's twisted the most. There's too much to comment. The entire story bends her into something she's not. What she is, is simple, lazy, foolish, greedy (but not really), kind while acting like she doesn't care about anything, observant, intuitive, accepting, strong friends with Marisa, and powerful without acknowledging her power. That's who she is, not this emotionless dreadnought. Oh yeah and calling on Amaterasu? That's hilarious too, considering how godless a shrine maiden she is.

I could go on forever but I'll save that for my myself lol. I don't know why the remakes are so weird. Most of their other works are really good. Maybe they just do comedy with a touch of thematic tension better? I'll just never read these two doujins again.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 10:36PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Pages 84, 86, 87, and 97 of part two make me grit my teeth. I'm not going back to reread the other parts which are just as atrociously out of character. I figured out what bothered me so much about this and the PCB remake after reading SSiB. They feel wrong. Every single character feels wrong. It's like they're acting correctly (sometimes) but the spirit behind their actions is out of phase with who they are.

Remilia going into a dramatic monologue halfway through the fight and making a big deal about losing? She doesn't care about losing, she's playing. A comment Zun made about Remilia in EoSD (technically through Reimu) is her danmaku showed "The tricky trajectories are kind of like a child trying to play just a little longer." The entirety of SSiB and SWR is her doing something because she's bored. And it's not that she doesn't care about Gensokyo or Reimu, but she'd never swear allegiance to them in this way. Like what the hell, she's dedicating herself to Reimu moments after meeting her? Because Reimu's her type apparently? That's just...

And Flandre, she's not insecure as she's mostly depicted here. In EoSD she's excitable, curious, and doesn't know when to hold back. She is not afraid of her ability, because she has never been given reason to.

Reimu's twisted the most. There's too much to comment. The entire story bends her into something she's not. What she is, is simple, lazy, foolish, greedy (but not really), kind while acting like she doesn't care about anything, observant, intuitive, accepting, strong friends with Marisa, and powerful without acknowledging her power. That's who she is, not this emotionless dreadnought. Oh yeah and calling on Amaterasu? That's hilarious too, considering how godless a shrine maiden she is.

I could go on forever but I'll save that for my myself lol. I don't know why the remakes are so weird. Most of their other works are really good. Maybe they just do comedy with a touch of thematic tension better? I'll just never read these two doujins again.

So, where should I start?
First thing first, all your sources didn't exist at the time, this doujin is from 2007.

Also because this is a doujin the author can take creative decisions, expecially at a time where the actual character appear in only a small number of official written works and more so in a franchise where the fandom was known to take characters and run with an extreme personalities just from a small line or just from some meme on a random forum (for some examples Reimu eating dirt, Marisa having a harem, Patchuoli and Alice having a love rivalry for Marisa, Aya being a pervert with her camera, Yuuka a sadist and Tenshi a masochist, and let's not forget Koakuma and Daiyousei, which they basically don't exist in canon, so much so their "names" mean "small devil" and "big fairy" and are called so because that was their entity name in the code, or even how someone was already drawing a doujin featuring Mike before the demo of 18 even came out and I guess all the ones where character magically have "mushrooms").

Lasty, it's ok to not like how the author interpreted them, but if your entire judgement on whenether a doujin is good is if they follow canon, then I'm sorry, but you choose the wrong medium to consume.

To reply you must either login or sign up.