Forum › Sayuri’s Little Sister Is An Angel discussion

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

That said, Mikoto's right in the afterword... There was no sex dammit! And how it was brought up in the story would have made a glorious scene!!

I kinda agree with not having them have sex there. They both got their feelings across.

ON THE OTHER HAND, why not draw them finally doing it when they get home from the hospital? It would have been the perfect ending!

last edited at Jan 20, 2018 12:59AM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I cried

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

when i read the chapter 20 i was about to cry for real when i finish the last chapter i just scream fuck yeaaa and start to pop off

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I want more Himeko x Oga.

And Mikoto's right, they forgot the sex. That seemed bittersweet.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

And I still don't get why Oga could see the angel stuff.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Maybe because she's too pure lol

joined Jan 28, 2016

I'm more mad about this than the not having sex thing <_<

The only prominent similarities between Oga and Sayuri is that they both have sisters, work at a flower shop, and like this bear mascot thing and carry a keychain of one:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sayuris_little_sister_is_an_angel_ch03#12

Other possible similar attributes is that they both like girls which I guess should be a given it's a yuri series but that would mean other characters like the photographer would've seen Mikoto's wings. It's a stretch, but might as well point out that both might believe in angels. It would've been nice if the author at least tossed one line about it, but I'll settle for my bear keychain theory >_>

I enjoyed the series a lot and though it was clearly rushed by the end I got what I wanted out of it as a yuri romcom.

joined Jan 6, 2018
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think I can sort of explain explain Oga being able to see Mikoto's wings. Oga may not be biologically related to Mikoto, but spiritually, she is a sister to her. I think it's the Haruki Murakami style of metaphor, if the relationship between two things is a certain way in practice, it matters not whether it's that way in literal fact.

And as for why that's the case? Again it doesn't really matter. Some things simply are, without having a reason to be. Even in real life, no one knows why the universe exists or why it is the way it is.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Other possible similar attributes is that they both like girls which I guess should be a given it's a yuri series but that would mean other characters like the photographer would've seen Mikoto's wings.

It still holds, because the photographer started to see wings appearing on Sayuri, so there's that. As to why Sayuri would start to have wings, perhaps she was starting to get depressed/suicidal? Mikoto was a bit distressed to see how her sister was leaving before visiting her as an angel (I think?).

7okxlebd
joined Oct 28, 2017

GAAASSP! This better not be some type of plot twist where Himeko actually died and is trying to fulfill her wishes to move on?! THAT WOULD BE SO SAD! (Edit) Okay, it's not as bad as I thought.

last edited at Jan 20, 2018 9:50AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Felloffalot posted:

You ever read something so beautiful you cry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

Victoriaxashley2
joined Nov 20, 2016

Yay! A happy ending

joined Nov 15, 2016

I can but echo everyone else. This was a rushed, but lovely ending. I was really scared where it might be going, but it came together in the end.

I would have loved to see some more of the B-couple but yeah. I'm happy without a sex scene as we definitely saw the way their relationship was moving, given the limited time it meant much more to see Sayuri accepting that she wanted things to move forwards then to see those scenes.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I actually think a tragic end would have worked here, but I've said before that I'm a sucker for happy endings...

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

Oh god.. the tears won't stop falling ;-;

19642653_1951141231771763_2417375312714862391_n
joined Aug 5, 2017

im going to bawl my eyes off

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I can but echo everyone else. This was a rushed, but lovely ending. I was really scared where it might be going, but it came together in the end.

I would have loved to see some more of the B-couple but yeah. I'm happy without a sex scene as we definitely saw the way their relationship was moving, given the limited time it meant much more to see Sayuri accepting that she wanted things to move forwards then to see those scenes.

Exactly! Thank you. Not everything has to end with sex. Besides Itou isn't known for that. I'd have been disappointed if they had drawn a sex scene because that would make it have less of an emotional impact. Finding her (Mikoto), talking with her dad, and etc. Definitely rushed. Last two chapters alone showed that. But otherwise not bad. I actually didn't even think I liked this series enough to finish reading it. But it's Itou so I kinda had to. I'm a sucker for their drawing style and somewhat lighthearted stories. Like a legally married couple. Or any of their oneshots.

joined Sep 29, 2014

This was a great story it warmed my heart.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I think that was a biiit of a noncommittal ending, but sure, it was cute. Feels like yuri-Kanon. Uguu.

Kotori-chan
joined Jan 8, 2018

My thoughts exactly.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Not everything has to end with sex.

No, but it could've been beautiful without being too graphic. Sex can be beautiful and emotional too.

Besides Itou isn't known for that.

There are some pictures that could disagree with you 8-°, besides, every artist enjoy some sexy drawings!

That said, it was more of a comedic rant than anything else, just like in the afterword. The chapters was really beautiful in itself, as Tiran and you said, I really loved how Sayuki was accepting it, hence why I got my hopes up. But the way they did it is really fine to show the distress in Mikoto's heart.

I think that was a biiit of a noncommittal ending, but sure, it was cute.

How so? Sayuri was basically saying she was okay having sex with her little sister. I don't know how much more committed you can be. Unless I misunderstood you and you were talking about the story, rather than the characters, perhaps.

last edited at Jan 20, 2018 9:07PM

joined Apr 15, 2013

Good series with a rushed but mostly satisfying ending. I am still a little confused about Oga being able to see the wings. It might have something to do with caring about the person? Like, obviously Sayuri cares about Mikoto, but maybe since Oga is so kind that she has a general level of sincere caring for other people that she can already see Mikoto's wings from the start. It could have something to do with being a lesbian I guess, but Kusanagi couldn't see Mikoto's wings. So it must be something to do with the relationship to the character.

The other thing I don't get is that Kusanagi saw Sayuri as an angel during their school days. That supports the idea that seeing the wings is down to caring about the character. It kind of creates a new problem, though, because what are the wings caused by? Nobody sees Sayuri as an angel at any other point in the story, so it's not a permanent thing. Was seeing Sayuri as an angel just a kind of metaphorical thing due to falling in love or whatever? Because that seems out of place in a story where Mikoto's wings are real and physical. I basically guessed the ending pretty early on and I always assumed the wings are due to having a proximity to death or being in a borderline state like a coma. But Sayuri having the wings in the past complicates that explanation.

The wings seem to be inconsistent between Sayuri and Mikoto. Mikoto is aware of her wings, while Sayuri appeared to not notice them. That would seem to indicate that Kusanagi imagined seeing Sayuri as an angel due to love. Again, though, why include a detail like that in the story when Mikoto really did appear as an angel? If Sayuri really did have the wings once, then we need a new explanation for the wings. It could be an emotional thing like experiencing despair or depression. I don't know, I'm not having any great ideas.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Ultimately, I think it comes down to the classic MST3K Mantra.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

For a second I thought this was going to be some Devilman kind of deal and their father is God and Mikoto is Lucifer and Sayuri is an archangel like Michael or something.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sayuris_little_sister_is_an_angel_ch21#19
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sayuris_little_sister_is_an_angel_ch19#2

These two pages especially, where Mikoto rejects Heaven in favor of Hell with Sayuri and the connection between why she appeared as an angel and why their dad doesn't talk to her and her asking God for a bit more time, really made it feel like their entire family was going to be supernatural.

Wouldn't be the first time, either. This ending is highly similar to that of Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane as well as the first climactic event of Kobayashi-San Chi No Maiddragon, both with the "everyday loner girl's life is changed after meeting some cute supernatural girl who suddenly disappears because their overbearing and extremely powerful father disapproves, but then after seeing just how much they love each other, decides to let them be together". This was slightly different, but still felt about the same.

All in all, pretty good, even if they never had sex. (R18 extra when?) And I can only hope that Yuzumori-san is as this faithful to appearing on the verge of becoming yandere (read: bad) only to not go down that dark road right in the nick of time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.