Forum › Posts by IzzyLebasi

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

This manga always delivers. I was kinda not into the school trip arc and had things to do in real life so it was hard to get back into reading it. But now everything is more or less settled comfortably. I'm caught up!

And she even has new friends. :) XD Even more wholesome. Hahahahaha,

joined Mar 26, 2014

Another story where they fake date... L(⁰ -__-)/○[-|-]
I'll see myself out. I like the drawing style though. I also read your other works. But this seems like for the young people. Yeah, yeah I know y'all will be like "obviously" but listen the other works were adult or young adult.
I dunno. It's been hard to enjoy any of the yuri stories lately. The OGs have either stopped drawing or moved on in some way. Jin Takemiya, Amano-san, Mira, and etc.

joined Mar 26, 2014

Pandacorya's art swings wildly between sexy and borderline nightmare fuel dependant on how much clothes the characters are wearing and while it doesn't make for very good smut it's at least interesting enough I always end up reading their stuff.

Hell yeah. I noticed that too. I did appreciate the different angles though. It was so cool. I liked seeing behind the legs. And I gotta say seeing the student president get completely owned was actually really nice. I wouldn't mind meeting her in college and being a F buddy to her. XD Nothing like seeing the prideful defeated.

joined Mar 26, 2014

This reminds me of Mira's works, but somehow with even less story. XD I liked the manga. I'm not a fan of teacher x underaged students though so I always pretend they're 18. Cause it's fictional anyway. So their age is legal

joined Mar 26, 2014

Alright, I read the previous chapter "Failure or success?" again and it isn't all that bad. Besides, no thoughts or explanations. But I'm still kinda miffed cause damn that cliffhanger.
But still not the Tsukushi reaction I was expecting.

Poor Hinoka! Get your crap together Tsukushi! You better make it up to Hinoka for being a complete idiot. LMAO

I was excited in the previous chapter (confession) which is a lie of a title. More like "confusion"

Hinoka is a brave girl. Heck, I didn't kiss my childhood friend until I was 21 (after crushing on her for over 10 years), and she had a boyfriend at the time who was a total abusive tool. But it still didn't make it right to kiss her cause she was in a relationship. And she's still the only girl I've kissed. Cause I'm working on myself. I'm a little too possessive. (2020)

I hear that same ex-friend is now (2024) with a good guy, and they're thinking of getting a house together and instead of being jealous I'm like "Good for her." She wasn't perfect herself, cause she admitted to only hanging out with me when her boyfriends weren't giving her enough attention and I would make her feel better about herself. Gee, I wonder why??
She's bi, by the way. So she did kiss me back. Not all me, being shit. She liked me too, but not enough to date me cause she was raised catholic and wouldn't want her family to disown her.

So it didn't work out for a reason. And also we just weren't good for each other. And we had a falling out cause she would string me along, but then say she was still with her boyfriend. I mean like sending some risqué pictures then being all "well we're not anything more than friends." Friends don't send friends those kind of pics. Clearly, as they also stated in the manga.

The only time I was selfish and went for it. So Props to Hinoka. I get it. That's gotta suck.

I feel bad that Hinoka's first kiss wasn't more enjoyable. But I'm hoping for a better count come for her and Tsukushi. She felt guilty or on edge cause it's new and it's a girl's love. I'm just kinda happy that there was a kiss. In the more beginning chapters (unless this is written close to the end? I hope not a lot of older mangas also ended with a kiss or the next step then timeskip etc). But even if it does end here or close to it. There is,"Hana Ni Arashi" Where from the beginning they're a couple, but keeping it a secret (but barely) hahaha. Or "Take my fist of love"
Whispered words of course. And Girlfriends

joined Mar 26, 2014

If anything why didn't Tsukushi end up oh I don't know a blushing hot mess?/ It's just (-_-)

Which she did just after the kiss if you paid attention. She even wobble, meaning she is a bit shocked.

This is not a normal reaction. My God.

There is nothing as "normal reaction". People react differently at the same situation. Just because she doesn't reactlike you wanted her to react mean her reaction was "not nomal".

It's something to be upset that the author seem to stall, it's another to re-write what happen in the chapter, which was not even that long to top it off.

So to you discussing the chapter is rewriting it? It is not. And it wasn't like I wrote a summary. I'm only explaining my thoughts on the topic. But okay. Look, I'm allowed to think and say whatever I want. Just like you can. If you wanna come across as the internet know-it all lesbo police. Fine, you can do that. I also said typical reaction. This shutting down isn't the norm. But it has been lately in order to "create misunderstandings and drama".
I'm discussing it overall. Which I stated. And I'm restating since there is a lack of comprehension happening on your end. And those blushes weren't nearly as bold or as obvious in a good direction as the swimsuit shopping chapter or the handholding one. It was Purposely subdued in order to create drama. Just like keeping her thoughts and everyone's thoughts but the side characters hidden. Usually, we go along with Tsukushi. Not the case here. We're also jarred like the characters were. And I'm surprised that Hinoka even kissed her. I was glad, but then not when the chapter was on this kind of cliffhanger. Only cause I felt bad for Hinoka.

Just saying anything (meaningful) to Hinoka would've helped Tsukushi here. But the silence doesn't bulid suspense or dread. It only makes things seem ambiguous. Which leaves a bitter aftertaste in comparison to the previous chapter. That is all. That's all I meant. But hey you do you. And I'll do me.

Especially, since we know Tsukushi to be a rather talkative yet awkward person. She doesn't usually think when she speaks like the "touch your boobs" thing so it seems like a odd reaction based on previous conversations and reactions she's displayed. She ran into Hinoka's chest without thinking. And the reactions there were more understandable or understood because we knew her thoughts.
But a see ya later. And a sorry. Oooof, big oooooof. I don't think that's great but she said something at least. But speechless otherwise manic laughter

last edited at Feb 21, 2024 1:44PM

joined Mar 26, 2014

I don't necessarily hate the stunned reaction, although it carries on for WAY too long, both in the sense of how long she's stunned and how this blank empty brain state fills up an entire chapter (at least, who knows if she'll be better next month). Especially since we're not seeing what she's thinking. We basically spent the entire chapter with one character in a stupor and the other just sitting there awkward, and that's extremely low density storytelling, and the ending didn't help. Tonally, this is the kind of chapter I expect to see after someone fucking dies, not a chapter after the heroines kiss. No matter what she's feeling, this framing can't be right for it unless she hated the kiss. You'd think the title of the manga was "Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream, and Ended With Me Getting Kissed and Realizing I'm Not Gay After All" looking at this chapter.

Said perfectly.

This! This right here! God, it reminds me of the manga that ended not too long ago about a writer fake dating her childhood friend and then she starts noticing her feelings and kisses her childhood friend and gets slapped. No explanation no nothing and then later it was cause she was embarrassed. Nah, dog if you shared the feelings either they were drunk or not a slap would not be the normal reaction. Just like here. If anything why didn't Tsukushi end up oh I don't know a blushing hot mess? Ooor to cry tears of joy cause this whole tell she thought she'd be rejected. It's supposed to be a happy thing and yet like you said we don't see what she's thinking. We don't see a typical reaction. It's just (-_-) and then she falls asleep again on the car ride. Overall chapter was just weird cause the chapter before had such good energy where she saw her swimsuit etc soooo yeah we're upset. Cause wtf!? This is not a normal reaction. My God. This story was getting fun and good then Stone-face McGee over here after the girl she likes kissed her WTF

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

I will say I feel bad for Yoshiko. She got a bad deal. And she's stuck. Also kinda funny how Yoshiko is kinda like Kuroda cause they're both more idealistic. But at the end Yoshiko reflected Junko more than her original upbeat self. I also didn't like chapter 16 where she was just beating down Kuroda even though she wasn't fighting back. Like that was nah. That wasn't it. It was fun in the beginning cause they both tore at each other. Junko is like the worst. Funny how she trapped herself by stepping and trying to trample on other people LOL and she's gotta stay in line now or she's expendable.

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

i loved that ending. I wonder how long it will take Junko to learn that while she's stuck on a hamster wheel, while Kayo is moving on with her life. While Kayo found a mentor, who actually wants her so succeed and grow, Junko's left with a bunch of people, who aren't her allies, but her minders. She is their attack dog, and if she steps out of line they'll yank her chain.

What an amazing story. With gorgeous art.

That's kind of my thoughts on this. I liked the ending. I did, but it didseem a little Abrupt. Because there were still at a drama even in chapter 16. And then they did a time skip, but that's okay I still liked it.
I was also kinda into that enemies to lover's trope. But for this one I can see how it's better that they didn't end up together. But part of me kind of wishes that Yoshiko was able to bring out a more caring side to Junko/Shirakawa. And even though it's quite simple to have their names being white and black and have them being the opposite of that, as in terms of winning like that's cool and all. It's quite simple but I kinda enjoyed it a little bit. And I feel like without it. Even being said that. Satomi Probably talked out Kuroda's idea for revenge. It kind of sucks that we miss them getting back together and all. But it's still kinda nice... I think the manga could have gone on until chapter 25 or 26 to complete the story in a more fulfilling way.

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 12:25PM

joined Mar 26, 2014

Sorry for the double post I got lag
Also even two mangas that paved the way is still in better standing cause the characters expressed themselves better. Girlfriends by Milk Morinagi and Whispered Words/Sasameki koto. No offense at all, but those were more of a fluffy and light high school stories with realistic teenage reactions. First, yuri mangas I ever read in high school about 10 years ago. While this manga was two idiotic and thick headed adults finally getting their feelings sorted out. And it also felt rush because we didn't get to see Ruriko's tension or worries addressed more. She was stressed and slapped Kurumi and I'm still kind not into how that was handled

last edited at Nov 11, 2023 8:30AM

joined Mar 26, 2014

Both the repetition of the rules and the lack of intimacy make for a strange ending though. What is the conclusion ? That being married is the same as living together with a friend except you also promise to stay together ? The question isn't so much about us knowing they are in love (we know that) and more about why their love takes that particular shape.

Also, there is a pretty thin line, maybe even just a matter of point of view, between intimacy being unnecessary to show your characters are in love, and having to show your characters are in love within the constraint of not showing intimacy. Which I guess is why this kind of resolution reminds people of works from 30 years ago.

In the end, we know they are married, in love with each other, and they don't mind kissing - their relationship is not just for show and there is nothing inconclusive. I don't think there is an argument that the story didn't go all to way to its conclusion, or that their relationship isn't as genuine as any other you could think of. At the same time the last chapter, in which they make their wedding "official" in front of others, emphasizes physical distance (repeat of separate bedrooms and wedding without a kiss), which is a deliberate choice which, at least to me, feels a bit off-putting.

I agree with this overall. I would've liked a kiss and the "vows" seemed odd.

Cause it should've been or could've been, "The two of us started as friends who wanted to try living together and pretend to be a couple. Yet I failed to realize (Kurumi speaking alone) that she offered that proposal because she had feelings for me. In the end, I agreed since then I got to see different sides of her and I liked learning more about her. I started to realize I had feelings for her too. From someone who didn't have any experience with romantic relationships that was a huge revelation for me and especially since part of me thought I'd never fall for anyone. But Ruriko isn't just anyone: She's my friend, and now she'll also be my wife." [Then she would turn to Ruriko to kiss her on the cheek and whisper I love you. Thank you for being with me. queue big smile from Kurumi and Ruriko blushing]

Now that's a speech. I think wedding vows is the wrong term. It should've been "the couple would like to do a reading of some revised rules they started with in the beginning of their cohabitation."

I guess not saying love or not displaying a kiss of any kind is otherwise strange to us since when most people think weddings we think kiss to seal the vow. Plus no other traditions like throwing flower petals or idk someone saying something for or about the couple. Like that friend with the kid Kurumi visited for advice. I feel like it would've been better to have someone else say something the couple (obviously) couldn't say themselves or they didn't notice. This friend was patient with Kurumi, and offered a safe space I think it would have been nice to see her say something and for the couple to look at each and have a final revelation.
Yeah, it felt rushed in some ways but slow in others.
But overall guess I should be happy it was a "good end" compared to the other stories out there. If we want kisses or better communication guess there's always the Webtoon "Mage & the demon queen". That's more on par with what a lot of us wanted or like to be written. Or "Greenhouse" also a webtoon. I love Greenhouse so no spoliers I haven't been able to catch up. And I'm not caught up on Mage & demon queen either but know about the conclusion cause the author's Instagram gave it away with celebratory art.

Guess most/enough Japanese person is ace or not good/typical at what people outside of Japan call romance. This reminds me of platonic relationship memes/jokes. Which is fine and I'm glad they'll be in an overall healthy relationship even if it's not what we'd call usual.
Or some of them are in it for the legal benefit which is also a thing or common occurrence. Even pirates would have contracts among the same sex incase of death the other would get the treasures (not romantically though just to maximize their ability to get stuff since they lived a dangerous life).
Same thing in modern-day some people get together for benefits you can only get as domestic partners cause the government will recognize your partnership.

But this wasn't that. It was love? For love? It takes a lot of courage to stand before your friends and family, they got that part but the vows were disappointing cause if they were going that route they should've mentioned the other rule about: if one of us falls in love with someone else then we break up but "we fell for each other", so now it's we'll work things out together and communicate with good intentions. Like goddangit if ya gonna say the rules that was one of them. A main one they often stressed about or mentioned so either way ya look at it the last chapter was a bust and there was no real momentum for the marriage or excitement on our end cause we barely got a kiss in the previous chapter. Just not organic or paced better. This started as a slow burn then it's like steps were skipped and I've read every chapter since release. shrug overall I liked the characters but the writing and pace were lacking.

Edited: for spelling mistake

last edited at Nov 11, 2023 8:19AM

joined Mar 26, 2014

Tags should just be gone. What people want is full on spoiler summaries for complete series anyway, and tags don't actually serve as in their function as cataloguing content anymore, so better ditch them before further devolvement. People need to be untrained from checklist reading. ^^

Well people still want to know if they read a yuri series, a hetero romance, a yaoi gore drama...

What up? My fellow OG fan. Yeah tags help people know what they're reading. It's almost like a genre section at the library. That way people can find what they like faster.

joined Mar 26, 2014

I like the story as is. But I'm not gonna be happy if that 59 and 60 were just to tease the audience.
I'm cool with slow burns and even sad stories but I don't really see this series taking the sad route. Slow burn maybe. But honestly if they could effectively communicate later on I'd call that a win. If we get a kiss it'd be a jackpot and if they date you can just dip me in butter cause I'm done and ready to be served lol

P.S. (edit to add this) And This comes from someone who has re-read Sasameki Koto (Whispered Words) more than 10 times cause it was one of the first yuri mangas I ever read and liked. It still holds a special place in my heart. So does Girlfriends by Milk Morinagi (can't spell the last name).
Sasameki Koto was a SLOW burn but the main character was in love from the very first chapter. That was the difference. Not ambiguous or oblivious. They knew and were okay with not saying anything cause they didn't wanna ruin their friendship. And guess what their friend was a gay woman too and crushed openly on cute girls. XD I love that manga so much. Y'all don't even know.

last edited at Oct 4, 2023 10:52PM

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

Shen Aoqing slowly but surely rising through the ranks gives me butterflies thinking about the steady effort she put in.

I know. That's quite homosexual of her. Lol
But it is very cute and plus her mother got her tutors too. Mommy supports her gay-be (gay baby)

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

Oh wow, the Spanish scanslator of this lovely manhua has just bulk-released all chapters from chapter 11 to chapter 29. Those who understand Spanish are in for a treat.

https://lectortmo.com/library/manhua/75694/mi-querida-enemiga

I only know enough Spanish to skate by in conversations about simple things like food or drink. But fluent I am NOT. I can listen to Spanish music but half the time I have no idea what they're saying cause it goes by so fast. But I'm so tempted to write the Spanish down to read the chapters faster by putting it into Google Translate

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_dearest_nemesis_ch11#10

Ma'am, that is what we call "A useless lesbian" XD Rather chase someone and say it's for a challenge or rival XD but is hiding what it really is LMAO

joined Mar 26, 2014

I would have been fine if they kissed this chapter. It's just that it shouldn't have been turned into a joke because it's trying to offset the dramatic or trying to offset the talk they just had a heart-to-heart. a
And then they turned it into a joke this wasn't exactly a romantic comedy to begin with anyway so why the hell was their First Kiss turned into a joke?? I just do not like any of that.

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 11:26PM

joined Mar 26, 2014

OK well I kind of hated everything about this new chapter. From the reason why she slapped her to her apologizing about slapping her and to the joke first kiss. Nah, fam this ain't it

joined Mar 26, 2014

Ya know what? This really could've been told in about 3 chapters. Even as a oneshot it would be more bearable. Goddamn if this isn't the stupidest most unreasonably simple yet convoluted shit that I've ever seen. And you could have completely taken out the chapter where she met Chinatsu-senpai. That was ridiculous! .... The lesbian bar coincidence was passable. But that BS was just a complete waste of time, paper, money, etc because it didn't add anything to the story other then including the old senpai in current events. Literally any other character could've said "Go for it." The bar lady said as much to Ayaka. And I'll stick around or maybe I won't just to tear it a new one cause I can't believe this is what we as lgbt+ get after years and years. Hell that souless kiss was just a knife to the heart. I thought this was supposed to be funny?! Is anyone actually laughing? I saw a my cat try and fail at jumping onto the coffee table and that shit was funnier than anything in here. Seeing Ayaka pine for so long in vain was painful (in a bad way) it was like super uncomfortable and same for Risa (but the Risa side was more understandable cause lol gurl been there before). My God, I never thought I'd say this but this would've been better if the characters dropped dead. Honestly, fuck all of them. Except bar lady. She's cool. And Yuuya, and Kumi too. Side characters for the win cause they're actually decent people. Not flawless, but decent.

joined Mar 26, 2014

This is soooo stupid. I kinda hate it. Not even funny man. They're better AT fucked up shit. And that's just sad

last edited at Aug 16, 2023 3:25AM

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

Btw if you dont mind imperfect translation, this series is already translated up to ch28 on some sites, with some very fun developments ahead

Where man? Tell me please!!

IzzyLebasi
Cynical Dog discussion 14 Aug 02:20
joined Mar 26, 2014

Not my thing. Not really hatesex. But more like pedophile shit. Gross. Molestation is more accurate. And yeah the younger girl approached but for God's sake this was disappointing and disgusting.

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

I wanted to see the sister out on her date!!!!! AHHHHH

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

Because it is shit behaviour, to put it simply. I think I wrote that it would only be ok if they were in a band and had that established style. To go into a bit more detail: She invited someone to play a song together, which is supposed to be a collaborative effort, then did not adjust to her partner, but actively tried to overshadow her. That would be like me invinting you to a chess game, then proceed to flip the board over, throw the pieces at you and then boast of my physical prowess and call you a looser for not flipping the board before me, when you were rightly assuming that a normal game of chess was supposed to be happening.

You've correctly identified that she was being a jerk to the protagonist. I'm just confused why you're so righteously railing against her for it when it's (a) not a big deal and (b) funny.

Funny to who? I didn't like any of that. The protag was trying to be friendly and encourage the other girl. And I'm just dropping this shit and not gonna argue about it cause it's a waste of goddamn time.

IzzyLebasi
joined Mar 26, 2014

Another yuri story based on lies...And pretending to date gross