ForumNews No news is good news!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Woah, CDN $32.88, and that's with the discount. Not for me, I'm afraid.

I'm more disappointed that it seems to only be on Steam personally. I hate Steam exclusives. Makes supporting decent developers while not supporting Valve's shitty business practices nearly impossible.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

€27? It's not that expensive for a working adult.. ;)

The games these days are more in the €40-60 range.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Nezchan posted:

Woah, CDN $32.88, and that's with the discount. Not for me, I'm afraid.

I'm more disappointed that it seems to only be on Steam personally. I hate Steam exclusives. Makes supporting decent developers while not supporting Valve's shitty business practices nearly impossible.

You can buy it directly on MangaGamer if you want, don't know if it contributes to the developers though.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

telamon posted:

You can buy it directly on MangaGamer if you want, don't know if it contributes to the developers though.

I'd assume it does, otherwise there'd be no reason for the devs to sell it there. And that's good to know then. I missed the page when I went looking somehow. Though I wonder if it doesn't just get you a Steam key since it's tagged as "Category: Romance, School, Yuri, SteamKey". Though I suppose that's a moot point if it means Valve's not profiting off it.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Though I wonder if it doesn't just get you a Steam key since it's tagged as "Category: Romance, School, Yuri, SteamKey". Though I suppose that's a moot point if it means Valve's not profiting off it.

I bought it on mangagamer site. I got standalone DRM-free game + steamkey. So it's a win-win.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Since MangaGamer localised it I would assume that it would be the first port of call from which to buy it.

Y'know, if their payment processor weren't down right now.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

h3x posted:

I bought it on mangagamer site. I got standalone DRM-free game + steamkey. So it's a win-win.

Oh, good. This will only be the second thing I've bought off MangaGamer (first being the visual novel Kara no Shojo) and the first that had been released on Steam as well so I wasn't sure.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't know if is a mistake but thanks to exchanges rates, buying the game on Steam cost me half of what I'd pay directly on MangaGamer.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I don't know if is a mistake but thanks to exchanges rates, buying the game on Steam cost me half of what I'd pay directly on MangaGamer.

Steam is still giving Canada an extremely favorable exchange rate of 10%. I couldn't resist the sweet, sweet DRM-free-ness though, so I bought the game from MangaGamer anyway.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 8:41PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Steam version is DRM free. Once you download it you can move it to another location.

All the DOS games* and lots of Indie games are actually DRM free on Steam. You can just move them and they will run in other spots. Some of them only use Steamworks for achievements or trading cards, some only use Steam to distribute the data.

There is a list of games that work this way: http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

*(I am assuming they didn't hook in stuff to the games using DOS Box since that would be effort for no reason really.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It'd sure be nice if Mangagamer's site started working properly. I haven't been able to login for 20 hours now so I can't get the damned game.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Steam is still giving Canada an extremely favorable exchange rate of 10%. I couldn't resist the sweet, sweet DRM-free-ness though, so I bought the game from MangaGamer anyway.

Is the same for Mexico, their store is already on mexican peso and so the game cost me half of its actual price at the current exchange rate.

The game is pretty damn fun and very, very yuri. The planner mechanic is pretty interesting and gives a superior degree of playability compared with other VN

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

So fun! Have a yurirei valentine card

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 6:46PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Probably not a good idea to buy from Mangagamer for a bit.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Probably not a good idea to buy from Mangagamer for a bit.

Kinda annoying that useless greedy morons can't exercise any self control and have to ruin things for everyone else. Two games on there that I'm waiting to get now. Kindred Spirits and Kara no Shoujo's sequel which is only sold on MG as far as I'm aware. (And which I wasn't aware had been translated and released yet.)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
Dorohedoro_noi_big_smile
joined Feb 24, 2015

I ran through the game this past weekend. Loved it! My favorite pairing was Seina and Miki. Hopefully Kindred Spirits sells well so we can get more yuri games over here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.