Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Wow, that person herself/himself deleted all the posts? 6 pages worth of posts? Looks painful to go through every page and deleting. Anyway, this person is subjective and forcing everyone to follow their pov. He/She didn't listen to other people's pov so I skipped most of his/her posts and sometimes I didn't know what the argument is about XD. Funny thing that he/she kept proving Seju is bad while everyone here already agree she's no angel.
Anyway, back to the story, here is what I thought about all three characters’ actions from the beginning:
- Seju (sorry, she’s the third wheel but comes first since I’m playing favorite =))) ): This is not me being biased but a very reasonable opinion from me, Seju’s actions are what I could related and understood the most among the three (could’ve been more aggressive when it comes to fight for her love but after all she was the one who said she would wait and waiting she forever be), at least with her, I somehow understand why she did what she did. May not all of her actions are good (mostly are bad, to be exact) but that’s love for her and that’s all of the things she has lived for so I don’t doubt her actions no matter good or bad cause she needs to do it to keep what keeps her alive by her side. The only question I had for her is that why she let Sumin do whataver she wants even with leaving her? Is it because of the guilt or some reasons we haven't known yet?
- Sumin: she’s supposed to be one of the two main acts but her actions make me go ???? a lot. Stand out among them the most could be when the previous chap, she admitted that she still loves Seju and right next chap she put a ring on Sungji’s finger, when she said she would try her best to give her heart to Sungji and not hurt her, the very next move she did is cheating on Sungji with Seju even if Seju tricked her but that’s her decision to go with it, not Seju. It’s pretty hard not to judge Sumin’s actions through every new chap XD
- Sungji: oh, this girl’s actions confused the heck out of me in arc 3 =))))) and I don’t understand most of them =)))))). Most ridiculous would be when the previous chap she acted like she would never be able to forgive Sumin for cheating but right next chap she had a whole new level of sex with that said person and after that both of them acted like there was no effing problems between them. I realized, after they get back together, they haven’t really talk, like sit down and talk. All they have been doing is sex here and there and a small talk about how her brother and sister in law take care of her @@, no relation with the real problem at all. For a couple who just got back together after a cheating, the lack of communication is bothering me a lot and Sungji just let it that way @@

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 9:58PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

^
the more I read everything after the cheating part, the more that I feel that their relationship is weak.
both of them are trying too hard, and non of them look that happy.
they could have the sex forever, but that would not fix anything if they avoid their main problem, Sumin should know that after 10 years of trial and error.

I add that to the fact that Sungji can not say things unless she means them (from what Dawoon said previously in ch.64)
I was looking around to find out if she expressed or answered those "I love you" that Sumin said 4 times in one night.. she kept saying how strange she felt.. I can not understand clearly why she kept saying that.. and you know what, she did not give Sumin an answer whether she forgave her or not.. of course because they never discussed the incident at all.
Trust issues are still there, Sumin still talks to Seju behind Sungji's back in the bathroom and would meet her in private at the hotel (regardless of the reason, this is a bit too much when Sungji just caught them together )

I yearn for the moment when they sit down and talk about it, till now I am not convinced of Sungji changing her mind that fast.. I talked earlier about how I think that Sungji in fact doubts Sumin affection to her to be sincere in the previous page.
indeed I was thinking about the possibility that Sungji will in the end give up on Sumin who can not be honest with her nor able to make her happy.
that got me thinking that MAYBE.. just maybe, Seju X Nam mi are not a thing, but Sungji x Nam mi could be something.
I do not know what is a good ending "relationship wise" since each couple seriously suffer from major damaging issues.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 11:56PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

what Sungji and Sumin did in chapter 68 and on, is called: hysterical bonding

"This is not necessarily a good thing, because the better sex is motivated out of intense pain. The betrayed spouse is busy comparing themselves with the 3rd party"

I have found a nice article about Sex after infidelity, very interesting and discusses the passionate sex phase:
http://www.recovery.org/pro/articles/the-3-phases-of-erotic-recovery-after-infidelity/
I Quote:

" Sex with your spouse or committed partner is normal after an affair and happens when you are both scared to lose one another. You may desperately want to connect, or want to hold each other. You may each crave the feeling of being intimate and in each other’s arms. Also, now that distance has been created between the two of you, you may find you are drawn to one another to use sex not only as comfort, but to express what is known in the animal kingdom as primal “mate guarding.” It is a way to lay claim to one another when your monogamy has been threatened."
And yet, against your better judgment, you might be having more sex with one another than ever before; passionate and intense sex.

OMG, was Sungji insisting to top Sumin was motivated by comparison !

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 11:59PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I really doubt Sungji could give up on Sumin just like that. She looks genuinely happy and clingy in the house, I'm only clingy and expressive when I'm really happy with someone XD, especially when Sumin jokes about how tiring it is when do this everyday, Sungji has said she would try to make it not tiring. This indicates that Sungji's seriously going to do everything in her power to make Sumin remain hers and hers only in my book. Like the author had said, Sungji and Seju would swap their roles in arc 3. This might be the one. Sungji now becomes the aggressive and holds on to the person she loves, not just mildly in doubt, scared and passive like arc 2 while Seju is the opposite, she now become passive and totally powerless, she no longer has the power of to make Sumin come back. No more.
I don't know if this is them running away from the real issue or they try their best to make it work. I don't know that yet but one thing for sure if they don't sit down and talk and at least Sumin tells Sungji about all of her meeting with Seju, even they're just to cut completely their tie, their relationship will be built on a mountain of sand, easy to build but easy to break. At least, that's what real life should be, not sure if the comic overlooks that fact
I agree that all of the relationships are not really satisfying when taking it to endgame but honestly, I don't want to see Seju all alone in this world or Sungji hurts badly in the end of story so it's nightmare if talking about endings so let's just enjoy the new chap when it comes =))))

joined Feb 4, 2017

I was looking at it from the psychological point of view, of why would a person have passionate sex after infidelity, the post right above yours had a link about the issue, and I googled something called: hysterical bonding after infidelity. (very consistent with Sungji's behaviour)

connecting few dots, it makes a good sense, and maybe Sungji & Sumin till now are in the crisis phase, whether they could move on forward depends on their level of communication and making each other feel safe and wanted.

I try my best to understand why she did that.. and finally found a reasonable answer.
let's see what happens next.

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 12:09AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

"This is not necessarily a good thing, because the better sex is motivated out of intense pain. The betrayed spouse is busy comparing themselves with the 3rd party"

I like this. This is sooo much like Sungji! I wonder if team gaji read this too. Hehehe

OMG, was Sungji insisting to top Sumin was motivated by comparison !

Totally possible! She caught them and Seju on top! It makes sense to me since imo I really can't feel genuine happiness between them.

And you're right! Until now, we haven't heard any answer if Sungji has forgiven Sumin. She asked Sungji if they can start over but Sungji said she will give the answer later, and then the SEX. So there is no clear answer yet. At some point, readers can assume Sungji agreed to start over after the sex and some conversation but i think it's important that team gaji should put it in texts. I need more serious talks from the two. I will be very sad and frustrated if this will come to end with their relationship just the way it is.

joined Feb 4, 2017

roamsl

If we look closely, all things from ch67 till now took place during the same week.
Sumin arrived on Saturady: Sungji decided to give an answer later for Sumin's attempt then passionate sex ( now we can assume it is a hysterical bonding thing)
next it was Sunday were the couple did not have much communication.. other than the one during breakfast.
Monday: office hanky panky, and a small talk at the park
Tuesday: Sumin allows Sungji to her house, more sex no communcation
Wednesday: she goes to the Hotel to meet Seju.
It is kinda clear that there was not enough room and will to communciate.
Sumin follows Sungji's wishes but does not give her what she actually needs to perceed with the realtionship after the Trauma she had.
Btw, Sungji moving to Sumin's house is a mistake !! Huge ass one, if hysterical bonding case is true, then all Sungji is thinking about is compitition and not desire.. the sex is to reclaim Sumin, but the memories of Seju are all around that partucular house.
While I say that, I do not imply that Sumin is better off with Seju.. this relationship is also freaking messed up and still the lack of communication is severe !!.. let alone the history of massive dysfunction

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 11:31AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Nora89

We really need that few panels of SuminxSungji in serious talks. It's just not enough for the readers to assume that they talked at some point.

You got a point there since It has always been a puzzle for me why Sungji wanted to move in together. Wether she really wants to spend more time with Sumin and all but i don't think nobody in their right mind even in real life would like to move in a house owned by your lover's ex lover. (she even caught them just recently) Competetion might be a factor and maybe she wants to replace/over write seju's memories in that house.

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 1:24PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
for some reason, I believe it was Sumin's mistake all along..
Sungji by living together might not necessarily meant that house.
Sumin did not realise that Sungji knows about Seju being the actual owner of the house and that they had sex all around it.

• another reason to make me really frustrated at Sumin's ignorance.

if she was really honest to move on, she would had left that house to another one and sparred Sungji from going to the abyss of comparisons and insecurities.
My God !! she is an expert in breakups yet she is so clueless ..
now that I got deeper with post-infadelity behaviour, Sungji is trying her best to reclaim Sumin, living together is out of the desire to close the gap and the need to reconnect. if that was your question, but then the way they did it is killing the dead !
not very strange, coz Sumin fails to understand both: Seju and Sungji as long as the story goes !

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 1:43PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

This is out of topic but since wdtfs is going to end soon, I'm finding some other manhwa to read. I tried Love Doctor but I don't really feel the story yet :(. The story's pace is super fast, compare to Fluttering Feelings and wdtfs, which is good but the story seems typical? I don't know, I don't feel excited or eager for next chap like I do with FF and WDTFS when they both just started (oh, I missed those days, where we got 2 new updates every week, in Monday and Wednesday) XD, I also dropped Citrus after a few chaps, the drama is not enough and the teenage love is, I don't know, not appealing?
So is there any other good GG comics aside from this list I just said? Desperately want something new to read here XD

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Someone once recommended "My gf's ex bf", and I find it very fun to read. Thank you. xD

"it would great if you don't exist" seems quite promising to me. The MC has been saying "I don't/won't regret it", and for this line, I'm looking forward to knowing the reason why.

I read "miss angel miss devil" up to chapter 8. I do not understand the story yet, just read for laughing. xD

As for "Love Doctor", i forgot to read the new update again. I like it, really. But I just never anxiously wait for new update like I did with FF and WDTFS.

I want some recommendations too. Any manga/manhwa whose MC is in 20s is preferable. Oh but I read "Yuzumori-san" too. xD

I dropped "The third party" for the reason it made me feel like I was watching a movie in -4x. I kinda want to know how it is now after I saw some cute images from it recently. Should I pick it up again?

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 7:06AM

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

So that new character with the short is supposed to a hit man or something? Wow i hope not! If anything, I hope she becomes Seju's body guard or something.

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
I have a confession, I used to really hate Yuri.. and was interested in Yaoi .. such a turn of events XD !

Does anyone know if Team Gaji are willing to make another Yuri after they wrap up with WDTFS ?
I was not able to find any news in German or English..

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 11:58AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sometimes I wonder if I like wdtfs because of the story or because of the art or because of both. If in the future the artist and the writer do not work together, would I follow the artist's work or the writer's work? Same for FF. If Ssamba's drawing was not that good, would I like FF? No idea.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 12:38PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Both Ssamba and Gaji have improved very much in term of their art, if you look at the first few chapters you would notice the significant difference.
the thing with Gaji is that her art does not settle naturally at the beginning since the backgrounds are 3D and the characters are in 2D, but then that gives another depth to the characters and make them stand out more.. women are drop gorgeous, and you do not forget that they are Korean rather than some alien or latex looking girls..
Ssamba on the other hand, has a very soft style, very water-colour like, matches very much her heart warming story.. I like it too.
storywise, both the artist and the writer in team Gaji developed the story together, I read somewhere that they both participate in both parts, so it is hard to say!
I hope they continue working together in future work.. as their art and story designs are unique specially in this genre.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 5:21PM

joined Feb 13, 2017

Guys...Team Gaji have just published Wdtfs as a paperback volume. Check out their twitter, the art look great :)))))))))))))(>∆<).

joined Feb 4, 2017

Guys...Team Gaji have just published Wdtfs as a paperback volume. Check out their twitter, the art look great :)))))))))))))(>∆<).

not yet, they only made 19 copies I think they are samples.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I also asked myself this question, I like FF and WDTFS because of the story or because of their art and then when I started reading other comics, Love Doctor to be exact, I realized art works play a super important part in my attachment for these two manhwas and probably one of the big reasons why Seju got my attention first among the three, her super attractive appearance XD. So, in my case, I think, art work is a super important role for my investment in this story and if both of the artist and writer decide to build a new story together, I would try without hesitation even when I don't know what the story would be about (but it has to be GG, other contents I'll pass) XD

joined Aug 29, 2015

I think the active fanbase of WDTFS is one of the reason why I'm more invested to this manhwa because you have readers to talk and analyze the chapters lol

and I still think Seju plays the most important part to WDTFS. if Sungji was handled much better, i think I would've been Team Blonde. I get her appeal but there's something missing about her that I can't get myself to jump into her bandwagon.

there are other ongoing manhwa/webtoon. Pulse and Love Doctor are some of the most popular. it would be great if you didn't exist has just finished its first season and my gf's ex boyfriend is really interesting, even though its artwork is just passable lol the only manga I'm reading right now is Citrus (chapter 27 is already out)

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 2:38AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Should I go to the LD's thread and attack Erae to make LD's thread a bit more active? No, I can't, I can't do that to Erae. xD

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Should I go to the LD's thread and attack Erae to make LD's thread a bit more active? No, I can't, I can't do that to Erae. xD

XD, I haven't visited the thread but I think I quite like Yo-ahn =)))), what's with me and the third wheel? =)))))) so you think if I go there and comment, might there be chaos? =))))))).

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I think the active fanbase of WDTFS is one of the reason why I'm more invested to this manhwa because you have readers to talk and analyze the chapters lol

and I still think Seju plays the most important part to WDTFS. if Sungji was handled much better, i think I would've been Team Blonde. I get her appeal but there's something missing about her that I can't get myself to jump into her bandwagon.

there are other ongoing manhwa/webtoon. Pulse and Love Doctor are some of the most popular. it would be great if you didn't exist has just finished its first season and my gf's ex boyfriend is really interesting, even though its artwork is just passable lol the only manga I'm reading right now is Citrus (chapter 27 is already out)

About Sungji, I personally think it's because she's too simple at the moment, pure and all that XD. Yes, she's really pretty but there are plenty of pretty protagonists out there for you to love XD, not just WDTFS. I want a more complex, hard to understand, not all around perfect girl, to simply put, a darker character. Funny, wdtfs did offer that kind of character, but she's not the main character and she doesn't appear much, that's Seju XD. Anyway, I think, even when Sungji is revealed to be not like what we always thought she would be and she's more complex than she actually is, we can't revert our love back to Sungji, simply because we already like another character and it's hard to change it. We saw Seju first, we're curious about the mysterious side of her first, we go deep to her first, and the image of pure, innocent Sungji has overshadowed everything else about her.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

XD, I haven't visited the thread but I think I quite like Yo-ahn =)))), what's with me and the third wheel? =))))))

I'm more interested in YoAhn character too. Is it a sign of me starting to have a second lead syndrome or something? xD

so you think if I go there and comment, might there be chaos? =))))))).

Not sure. But I think if you set off a bomb on Erae x Doctor's ship, or call Erae's personality out, then maybe. xD However, don't forget to also prepare in advance strong and valid reasons to back your opinions up, in which I find it hard because Erae is way lovelier than Sungji. lol

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 4:18AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

yoonie0104

yup, Sungji is overshadowed with Seju and Sumin's solid backstory and it really didn't help that each chapter tells a parallel narrative between the past and the present. I was rooting for Sungji to win Sumin's heart in the first season/arc but as more flashback is shown, I find Seju and Sumin's dark and twisted relationship more interesting than the cliche feel good story of Team Blonde.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Sorry I wrote this at the same time Kami Sama posted .. and I agree with her
^

Sungji's effect is much smaller compared to when Seju is not there ..

• if Seju was not in the story, we could have got a fluffy romance

• if Seju's brother was not there, probably Sumin and Seju would have been married with 15 cats or so.

--> IMO, Seju+ brother are the most significant charcters that changed what this story is about.. and Sungji addition to Sumin's life should not be thaaaat huge or else it will lead the whole past of Sumin to be less significant.. so all those 30 ex. Were for nothing.

Well, I did not lose hope in Sungji though, she still has to show us a piece of her true self when she finds out about Sumin and Seju.
When Dawoon was in the picture, Sungji was thinking about Sumin the whole time.. I belive that will play a role in intensifying her doubts now that she understands being with someone while loving another, she will always wonder if Sumin was thinking about Seju ... the same way she thought about Sumin when with Dawoon
In a matter of fact, Sungji's most imporatnt effect was testing the relationship between Seju and Summin.. as Seju originally planned from the begining (I think that is her reason to push the couple together ).
Now, in 10 years.. Sumin admits her love clearly to Seju and so did Seju, how will that play out, we have to see !
At this point, I try to understand why did Sungji put up with all that shit from Sumin from the begining.. that will help me understand why she did not give up on her yet.

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 5:36AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.