Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

I agree, but I somehow understand why manga are slower than manhwa, since the earlier comes in a hard copy form that gets edited and printed with some other works (more expensive to make them) and they are constrained with a specific number of pages, while manhwa is much more convenient to both, the creators and readers... also the flexibility of using colours and as many pages as they please allows for more creativity.

however, following a story for 10 years is just toooooo much !
about the 3rd arc being messy, it is hard to compare unfinished chapter to finished ones, honestly chapter 2 would be freaking lame until you reach the last 5 episodes (from 51 to 55) where the story shifts dramatically from what it was before.
hang in there, we might get another 5 chapters of magic

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 7:53PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

we're derailing the thread but Citrus is getting good again. I know the author love to use new characters to further develop Yuzu and Mei's relationship but at least it is effective. and I still prefer manga over manhwa. manhwa often have a strong first season or volume but they tend to drop in quality or stagnate in one plot as the story goes on and plus manga has the potential to be adapted to anime/movie/tv drama. I still wish they will make a Girlfriends anime. Citrus is going to be f*cking awesome but NTR is gonna to be torture to watch.

WDTFS stands out because of its mature appeal. I think yuri fans are already tired of seeing another coming of age story. so this manhwa is really a breath of fresh air. but what really hooked me to WDTFS is the love triangle. it is rare to see a strong love triangle angle on a yuri material. most of the time it is a budding romance between the main couple and the third party is just merely a tool to create conflict.

Nora89

Team Gaji should hire you for you're analysis. maybe you can help them finish the story without any hitch lol

yup, I agree with your points. why can't Sumin find it in her heart to forgive Seju? she doesn't need to take her back because their relationship is too far gone to fix but they could still remain friends and maybe she could help her rearrange her social life since she already have a gf. but I think Sumin secretly doesn't want to see Seju with another lover. how angry she was when she found out the Nami scandal. how I wish Seju also have a new love interest than the Dawoon x Lawyer angle which I don't see any relevance to the main plotline.

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 9:26PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Honestly, I really doubt that the new girl is an assassin and even if she's indeed one, I doubt there is an attack at the moment cause
1. Jokes aside, no way Sumin could save Seju in that situation so basically Sumin might appear after the attack has been done and save Seju from bleeding to death but then what? Seju will be hospitalized for the rest of 10 chaps? cause how the heck she's gonna heal that fast in only... 10 chaps?
2. Again, we can't have a Seju hospitalized for the rest of the story cause what will happen to the story if the only thing that makes the story keep going bed-ridden for who knows how long @@. Don't tell me we have to see sex scenes and cute scenes for the rest of it
3. Maybe Seju could magically avoid the attack, thanks to Sumin ring her bell room before anything happens but guess her brothers won't stop harming her after that, so Seju would go around and around with assassin stuff, hiding and running? Ok, what are we reading again? Triangle love or assassin story?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Oh right, I forgot one more scenario, kidnap =)))). Oh well, that's totally possible and well, for real this time, Seju totally disappear from Sumin's life. Ok, now this is interesting =))))))

joined Feb 4, 2017

kami-sama

I agree with you on what makes WDTFS special.
I am no expert, just a very invested reader XD hehehe,
there was a writer in here Foxy Lady she amazed me with her 12 comments that went deeply to explain the personalities of the three. ( I think she wrote somewhere around page 175 and so)
while the idea of shoving a new love interest to Seju will seem so very forced, I do not roll out any options such as a threesome (which team Gaji admitted thinking about it ) or a moving on option that is justified given their history and circumstances. this running away from problems attitude can not work any longer with Sumin.
you never know!
but the moment Seju opened the door in the last chapter, she had a happy face to see Sumin which then turned to disappointed one .. no matter what, seeing Sumin still always makes her happy, I do not see her close to moving on yet.
now, team Gaji deliberately made sure that we know the fact that Sungji does know where Seju lives and the pass key to her apartment ( will that play a role later? I do not know).

Team Gaji also said that the getting caught part never changed from the plot line to make sure that Sugji and Sumin do not have a mere conflict, makes me as well think that this thing will jump again on the surface.. I do not know if Sungji and Sumin will talk about their trust issues or would it play a role now when Sumin meets Seju again privately behind Sungji's back.

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

I checked something, the tomboy started following Seju from the end of ch66, which is even before she meets with her brothers to talk about the inheritance in ch71.
now this is what I want to see for real, Sumin who takes Seju for granted feeling that she might actually lose her for real.. the very same girl that shows no interest attitude but act so jealous when she thinks about Seju sleeping with or blind dating someone else.
how long will she be hospitalised does not necessarily kills the story if it pushes some communication between Sunji and Sumin + some realisations that they have to reach.. bcz their relation is still suffering from a lot of issues.
if the tomboy is indeed an assassin sent by her family, that may play a huge role on explaining Seju's mother death, wouldn't it ?
Kidnap, well, she is in a hotel right? and Seju seems like a tall girl and very hard to hide in a purse.. so I think this one is a bit too hard XD
Edit: if that girl is an assassin again, there will be no bleeding, to avoid making it look like a crime since it is a hotel that has cameras and all . (strangling Seju will be a better option that worked before with her mom's case)

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 11:10PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104

I checked something, the tomboy started following Seju from the end of ch66, which is even before she meets with her brothers to talk about the inheritance in ch71.
now this is what I want to see for real, Sumin who takes Seju for granted feeling that she might actually lose her for real.. the very same girl that shows no interest attitude but act so jealous when she thinks about Seju sleeping with or blind dating someone else.
how long will she be hospitalised does not necessarily kills the story if it pushes some communication between Sunji and Sumin + some realisations that they have to reach.. bcz their relation is still suffering from a lot of issues.
if the tomboy is indeed an assassin sent by her family, that may play a huge role on explaining Seju's mother death, wouldn't it ?
Kidnap, well, she is in a hotel right? and Seju seems like a tall girl and very hard to hide in a purse.. so I think this one is a bit too hard XD
Edit: if that girl is an assassin again, there will be no bleeding, to avoid making it look like a crime since it is a hotel that has cameras and all . (strangling Seju will be a better option that worked before with her mom's case)

But honestly, the story has only 10 chaps left, Seju can not be hospitalized at the moment, even if it's for 2 or 3 chaps, there are too much stuff to solve with her, especially the inheritance, love triangle, her father, ... A person cant do anything if she can only lie on a bed 24/24
If we are about to drag Seju's mother's death into the picture, I don't think the author has enough time to solve everything in so I personally think they might overlook her mysterious death and just conclude it as a homicide pretending to be a suicide (but it's really a shame though)
No matter how wrong Seju was and how Sumin and Seju hurt each other, it's true that Sumin always takes Seju for granted and never look back. That I agree with you so kudos for Seju to disappear and see Sumin's reactions and how she deals with it, especially even now, she hide her secret meetings with Seju from Sungji and don't talk to her about it. If they are endgame, the thread of losing Seju for good from Sumin's side and communication between them when Seju disappears will be the best biggest final test for their bond and maybe convince me to think they are meant to be. I believe losing Seju is even a better test than a cheating for SuminxSungji
Uhm, for the kidnap, not necessary for her to take Seju out right away, she might hide her somewhere and wait till night. Who knows? It's not impossible if she's skilled agent (anyway, this is not an action manhwa but what are we saying?)
Nah, hotels have cameras then when she enters her room, it's already recorded XD, whatever she did in there will not a big deal, everyone will go find her first if sth happens to Seju anyway, so why not a bullet to keep it fast, instead of strangling?

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 12:08AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Expectation time:
- the assassin fails, and the lawyer involving in the case will be Sumin ex who then has to interrogate Dawoon (who happened to be a chef in that hotel restaurant and saw the creepy girl taking the wine from the kitchen that night).. Surprise!
- they both bitch about how Sumin and Sunji treated them badly.. and lawyer falls in love with the first bite
they have some steemy scenes (bcz why not .. it is WDTFS ).
- the creepy girl tells the police who has sent her, someone goes to the jail and Seju's mother death mystery will be solved

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Expectation time:
- the assassin fails, and the lawyer involving in the case will be Sumin ex who then has to interrogate Dawoon (who happened to be a chef in that hotel restaurant and saw the creepy girl taking the wine from the kitchen that night).. Surprise!
- they both bitch about how Sumin and Sunji treated them badly.. and lawyer falls in love with the first bite
they have some steemy scenes (bcz why not .. it is WDTFS ).
- the creepy girl tells the police who has sent her, someone goes to the jail and Seju's mother death mystery will be solved

And that could take only about...10 chaps for all these side stories XDDDD. Totally possible XDDD

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

if the assassin tries to strangle Seju, there will be no enough evidence to prove any homicide, everybody close who knows Seju would not be shocked by her Suicide anyways. the whole case of Seju's mother death could be dealt with in maximum two chapters.

back to Sumin feelings, last thing she said was that she does not care any more about Seju and her family matters and thus wont comfort her anymore, imagine the guilt she would feel as soon as something real happens to Seju.

and yes! this thing will be the greatest test for SungjixSumin relationship, not just the trust issues, but also to what Seju actually means to her and whether she could move on still.

I agree, hospitalising Seju now is too late & too unnecessary when the same issues can be resolved in a better manner.

joined Feb 4, 2017

And that could take only about...10 chaps for all these side stories XDDDD. Totally possible XDDD

unless they make some 20 panels of love scenes in the kitchen between the new couples..
not that I mind it, but I can not handle open endings

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 12:24AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

"How would the assassin fail?" is the question.

@Nora89
As you have mentioned Foxy Lady for quite a while now, I think may be you would love to read more of her comments or discuss with her. I visited wdtfs fb page about a month ago, and I happened to know that Foxy Lady's fb account name is "Marie lu". Try going there maybe you would meet her.

joined Feb 4, 2017

"How would the assassin fail?" is the question.

@Nora89
As you have mentioned Foxy Lady for quite a while now, I think may be you would love to read more of her comments or discuss with her. I visited wdtfs fb page about a month ago, and I happened to know that Foxy Lady's fb account name is "Marie lu". Try going there maybe you would meet her.

the assassin failure could happen if Sumin appears at the right time, then it will be two on one. the assassin followed Seju for the while that even Sumin was not close to her.. so maybe she does not expect any one to come visit Seju that night.
Thanks aloooot, such a great help :) , I will try to find her without making her feel stalked XD
hugs
I tried searching, Marie lu seems like a popular name :(

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 12:40AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

the assassin failure could happen if Sumin appears at the right time, then it will be two on one. the assassin followed Seju for the while that even Sumin was not close to her.. so maybe she does not expect any one to come visit Seju that night.

If Sumin arrived at a perfect time, it would be two corpses, not one. However, as they have said that Seju won't die, Sumin would be okay too, but I would guess that she would at least get injure or kidnapped in the next chapter.

I tried searching, Marie lu seems like a popular name :(

xD Find her there the wdtfs fb page.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Agree, if there was ever an attack, Sumin should be arriving before or after the scene, not right on the scene. Impossible for Sumin to save Seju on the scene. Probably after the scene but I do have high expectation for a kidnap. Let's see if we can have a another nice tattoo after this XD

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

But just like someone has said, if they attack Seju while her father is still alive, he would disown all of them. So, maybe, their plan is not to kill Seju but to kidnap her to threaten their own father for the inheritance.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Anyone think that the situation will force the three main characters to live together? This is one of the possible scenario that might happen.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 7:33AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

short hair woman not an assasin, sumin at the hotel, both safe

assasin waiting at seju's house
sungji is wondering/woworried

suspicious why sumin isn't home yet. She will go to seju's house

sungji will be the victim, will sustain injuries

sumin will be devastated, finally decided to get seju out of her life completely

near death experience of sungji will deepen suminxsungji relationship

seju will go to some far away place

Xxxddd

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 8:27AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I do not see how the three living together can be a solution, and when I think of how Seju would have to see Sumin x Sungji every day, I do prefer Seju choosing to be alone and get killed instead. It's not much different anyway between the two options.

joined Feb 4, 2017

very interesting expectations,
- Sungji being attacked at Seju's house (hehehe what an idiot assassin XD)
- in case Sumin comes right on time, she was an athlete during her high school times.. so she would be the fastest to run the f**k out, but still, two on one would be a challenge on the that assassin
- I was thinking about the going abroad option as well.. but then that does not solve anything (regarding her healing if you might say.. would even make her lonelier ) .. another running away from problems and not solving them.
- well, the option of them living together for a while does not seem too impossible.. and if played nicely, the three would finally communicate together at the same time (something we have never seen before) .
IMO the whole assassin thing is added to the story to force the three shaking their feelings/ relations a bit rather than switching to action genre.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 9:47AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016
  • Loneliness is what has defined Seju for her whole life. Going far away and live alone for the rest of her life is not an ending I consider good ending. If this is indeed a healing story, it should be at least give her a solace, but not by going away and open door for the main couple like an angel.
  • Seju and Sungji is not even in a good term at the moment, how can they live in the same house? This ending is, to me, the worst ending. It's like forcing them to live together to please everyone and not disappoint any ships.
  • The idea of Seju moving on from Sumin is so far away to me when it's only 10 chaps left. She might let go because Sumin wants that but to move on is a whole another level where I haven't see that sign yet. Letting go? A little bit. Moving on? Not one bit. So basically I have strong feeling that she either:
  • Live sad lonely life for the rest of her life
  • Get killed ( I like this option the most but well, the author already said she won't)
  • Back to Sumin ( wow, even in my wildest dream, I won't believe this)

As for our main couple, I have nothing to say, they either together or not together in the end but the chance of them not together is pretty low.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 11:02AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I hope to see Nammi in the upcoming chapters though .. ( she would as usual amuse me with whatever she says)

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I hope to see Nammi in the upcoming chapters though .. ( she would as usual amuse me with whatever she says)

How were her words amusing though? Like "if you're bored, you can sleep with me once."? What would happen if Seju did that? Nami's involvement was way too late. She should have done something for Sumin or Seju at some point during the past 10 years, what the hell took her so long?

joined Feb 4, 2017

How were her words amusing though? Like "if you're bored, you can sleep with me once."? What would happen if Seju did that? Nami's involvement was way too late. She should have done something for Sumin or Seju at some point during the past 10 years, what the hell took her so long?

she could drive Seju easily out of her calm shell, and be very blunt to Sumin ( one word and the girl finally sat with herself to think about what was going on in the past 10 years).
that's why I find her amusing and fearless when it comes to saying what she wants.

now, Nammi is the only character that dealt with the three and knows about their relationship with each other.. if something would happen to any of them, it will be surprising not to see her. also in case there was a hospital invovlved, Nammi's father is a doctor (I do not know how this could relate to anything.. but why not )
- chapter 38, the Doctor in there is Nammi's father.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 2:49PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Yeah, she appears to be a character who can bluntly say anything she wants, that's why I want to know what the hell stopping her from speaking what she wanted during that 10 years? I'm pretty sure she could tell Sumin and Seju's relationship was toxic since the month they started it, why didn't she help them back then?

To reply you must either login or sign up.