Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

This couple?, I like em the most as well.

Also, anime's full anime is Valkyrie Drive Mermaid
Social game's Valkyrie Drive Siren
Console game's Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/31/official-website-for-valkyrie-drive-mermaid-tv-anime-launches

I kind of attribute it to the coloring. In my opinion, Valkyrie Drive Siren's couple has the brightest design and outlook, which makes them really appealing. Now I hope more details for the anime's characters and other stuff will be unveiled in time! Quite excited about it. ^_^

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Earlier on the thread we were discussing about Neptunia and the Uni x Nepgear pairing. Well, i just found about one game (I think is Neptunia U) where Gear outright says to Uni that she loves her

http://a.pomf.se/pdnfxn.webm

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Earlier on the thread we were discussing about Neptunia and the Uni x Nepgear pairing. Well, i just found about one game (I think is Neptunia U) where Gear outright says to Uni that she loves her

It's probably U, in Mk2 and R2 Nepgear is the main character and gain Lily Level with the other girls, from what I read in U you can do that with all girls not just Nepgear.

I watched it, Nepgear uses daisuki and call Uni tomodachi, and Uni uses suki, isn't suki and daisuki used between friends? or they're also used romantically? could anyone who knows japanese explain the difference?

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 5:19PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

It leaves room for ambiguousness ,the only one I am certain you don't just tell to people is the "ashiteruyo" that's like... the only one for sure,ha but usi and daisuki can mean they like someone or even something like,icecream so meow

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It's probably U, in Mk2 and R2 Nepgear is the main character and gain Lily Level with the other girls, from what I read in U you can do that with all girls not just Nepgear.

I watched it, Nepgear uses daisuki and call Uni tomodachi, and Uni uses suki, isn't suki and daisuki used between friends? or they're also used romantically? could anyone who knows japanese explain the difference?

Generally when you see a character who doesn't understand that he's being confessed that's because the one who confess use "suki". In a shoujo manga if a guy/girl is confessed that way, he generally know it's meant romantically... unless he/she's supposed to be the extremely naive and innocent type.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Did a little more digging, the clip is indeed from U and while every pairing has a special conversation at max lily rank that conversation is the only one with is a straight up confession.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Generally when you see a character who doesn't understand that he's being confessed that's because the one who confess use "suki". In a shoujo manga if a guy/girl is confessed that way, he generally know it's meant romantically... unless he/she's supposed to be the extremely naive and innocent type.

The way Nepgear says daisuki seen to be a little innocent and she also uses tomodachi, but Uni hesitates a little when she says suki, did you see the video trafi? what do you think? and they have a lot of subtext in the other games, but I'm didn't play them yet so maybe Nepgear is not so innocent as she looks, could anyone who played other Neptunia give their opinion?

Did a little more digging, the clip is indeed from U and while every pairing has a special conversation at max lily rank that conversation is the only one with is a straight up confession.

If this is the only one with a confession they were definitely planning to give subtext/almost text in there, and Uni x Nepgear is probably the couple with most subtext, a shame they will probably never go full text in any game, but even so I shall ship them even more now!

And this thread quickly became about Neptunia... Anyone have new information about Valkyrie Drive?

last edited at Apr 17, 2015 12:07PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

maybe Nepgear is not so innocent as she looks, could anyone who played other Neptunia give their opinion?

The way I understand it is that every game takes place in a different like, parallel universe so her actions and personality in different games don't actually mean anything in regards to her personality in that game.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

maybe Nepgear is not so innocent as she looks, could anyone who played other Neptunia give their opinion?

The way I understand it is that every game takes place in a different like, parallel universe so her actions and personality in different games don't actually mean anything in regards to her personality in that game.

Yeah each game is a parallel universe, but their personalities don't really change much, if they change at all, only because of that we don't have any real text except RED, who is the only openly lesbian in the series.

last edited at Apr 17, 2015 12:20PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Not being ultra optimistic, but it's gonna be better than Cross Ange, at least.

What are you saying, Cross Ange was awesome. Ange being a socipath was incredible to watch.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Not being ultra optimistic, but it's gonna be better than Cross Ange, at least.

What are you saying, Cross Ange was awesome. Ange being a socipath was incredible to watch.

When he said that it's was probably about the yuri in Cross Ange that was nothing more than bait and the fact that Valkyrie Drive looks like it will have real yuri, maybe..., I didn't watch it yet but Cross Ange seens to be good, but it's yuri is horrible.

last edited at Apr 17, 2015 1:57PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Treating yuri like shit makes it a horrible anime in my eyes so I meant both, actually.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Treating yuri like shit makes it a horrible anime in my eyes so I meant both, actually.

Can't really argue about that in case of Cross Ange, even though it did have a real lesbian side coulple the yuri fanservice was too much to the point of being offensive, fortunately I'm able to turn my yuri googles off and enjoy it, just not sure yet if being able to do that is a good thing or not...

And we don't know yet how the yuri will be on Valkyrie Drive, sure the fanservice will be heavy like Senran Kagura, but as long it have real yuri that's not a problem.

last edited at Apr 17, 2015 2:43PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Weird, an article about the event where VD was revealed the past month has just been published

http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1428989165

Oh and according to their twitter we should get news on may.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

http://gigazine.net/news/20150514-valkyriedrive-interview/

Pretty extensive interview about the project. Sadly, is only on Japanese

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

http://gigazine.net/news/20150514-valkyriedrive-interview/

Pretty extensive interview about the project. Sadly, is only on Japanese

Google translate: tons-o-boob talk.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Expected but no the only thing talked about.

They also mentioned the project being in the works since last year and some influences it has.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Since it is slightly on-topic, Two Best Friends played a Senran Kagura game... it was what I expected, fun watch tho xD

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Since it is slightly on-topic, Two Best Friends played a Senran Kagura game... it was what I expected, fun watch tho xD

That got plenty of laughs from me, shame that they picked what it could be the worst game on the franchise.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I totally overlooked the raised yuri flag in the trailer.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Oh wow I totally missed the gay umbrella when I watched it yesterday.

The giant boobs and ridiculous school outfits are detractor, but I'm going to watch it anyway.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Oh wow I totally missed the gay umbrella when I watched it yesterday.

The giant boobs and ridiculous school outfits are detractor, but I'm going to watch it anyway.

Yes, detractor.

*hides crotch

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Cast has been added to the website

http://valkyriedrive.jp/anime/?cat=StaffCast

last edited at May 30, 2015 3:36PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Character Profiles for the anime, includes a new girl

And Takaki shared a very rough sketch of a new pair for the game

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I really don't like the redhead's design :s

To reply you must either login or sign up.