Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

In any show i've seen with this kinda premise, you have the 'users' who have the ability to activate & use them, (almost always guys before from what i've seen) and then girls who become the weapons.

Having both users and wepons as girls is a first (bar an odd exception), but I think it will still be the same idea.

Soul eater ?

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 8:07AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, are both weapons but don't transform at the same time, so that suggests that they can choose not to. But that's just speculation on my part

In any show i've seen with this kinda premise, you have the 'users' who have the ability to activate & use them, (almost always guys before from what i've seen) and then girls who become the weapons.

Oh, wow, I worded that poorly. I was specifically thinking about the twins, where we see them switch which one is the weapon mid-battle

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, other than expressing our hype there is not much to say since there isn't much info about it out there, it seems. We can always just come back to this thread once/if info is released.

What do you know?

The game takes place in a world where those within their teens or twenties suddenly find themselves infected with a mysterious virus that temporarily weaponizes them if they acquire neurological enhancements, with the storyline itself revolving around a group of girls known as “Rebreakers” who are capable of freely wielding these weapons.

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/first-details-on-valkyrie-drive-for-ps-vita

Intriguing premise

And the Vita game at least it seems will be Not- Senran Kagura

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is the kind to enjoy, don't ask question and laught ... And get MANY FANARTS! I'll watch it, I hope is better than Senran Kagura... Didn't like it at all.

Edit: Yeah, soul eater shameless rip-off

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 2:01PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

One thing though - it would be kinda hard to be one of the sword girls lovers - no kissing or she turns into a sword?
That would suck - unless they have a method to kiss that DOSNT trigger it?
If they don't it means no real kissing involving these pairs in the anime/game/doujins except to transform :(

Hope these get tons of yuri h-doujins, thats gonna be some sex I don't wanna miss...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hope these get tons of yuri h-doujins, thats gonna be some sex I don't wanna miss...

"I'm so hard right now..."
- You're a sword!
"lol"

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Famitsu has news on the vita game

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201503/26074854.html

The game is a 3D battle adventure, where girls infected with a curious virus are transformed into literal weapons, upon being neurologically stimulated.

As the pair of ladies fight together, their synchronization will increase, which also improves their combo changes and the variety of weapons they have at their disposal. Eventually, you can launch powerful special attacks, which destroy the clothes of your enemies.

Premise keeps being interesting but the game itself looks like a poor man's Senran Kagura. Somehow.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The game is a 3D battle adventure, where girls infected with a curious virus are transformed into literal weapons, upon being neurologically stimulated.

As the pair of ladies fight together, their synchronization will increase, which also improves their combo changes and the variety of weapons they have at their disposal. Eventually, you can launch powerful special attacks, which destroy the clothes of your enemies.

If it is what I think it is, this thing keeps getting less and less attractive to me. anime and game. >.>

Edit : I just clicked on the link... seriously... panties, horrible boobs, clothes twice too small... I'm used to it in an anime (even if I run away when I see those boobs) but in a game ?! That just looks horrible... and cheap

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 1:29PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Edit : I just clicked on the link... seriously... panties, horrible boobs, clothes twice too small... I'm used to it in an anime (even if I run away when I see those boobs) but in a game ?! That just looks horrible... and cheap

Ins't that getting worse with each year? nowadays you either get used to it or will not be able to play a lot of things since cheap fan service wll probably get even worse in the future, I fear the day when it become the norm...

I just hope that it have real yuri, I'm really tired of that subtext bullshit, especially after I discovered that in Neptunia PP the Producer is male, Neptunia always had a good amount of subtext, then they put a faceless male in PP, I felt a het knife hitting the yuri maiden in my heart when I read about that...

And the stimulant is a kiss, I bet it wil have a lot of doujins where a kiss is not enough and a penis of a faceless male will be a better stimulant, and when that is not enough rape will be necessary, lots of rape, and mind break, and since the girls are in pair it will definitely have some ntr.

And about subtext, does Senran Kagura goes beyond subtext? or it's like Queens Blade that is extremely gay but nothing happens? is the story at least good or just excuse plot to see large breasts bouncing?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

And the stimulant is a kiss, I bet it wil have a lot of doujins where a kiss is not enough and a penis of a faceless male will be a better stimulant, and when that is not enough rape will be necessary, lots of rape, and mind break, and since the girls are in pair it will definitely have some ntr.

Yuri mangaka's are our only hope.
Or those brave few heroes that mostly make het but give yuri a shot.

Anyways, I really hope it has real yuri and that it manages to be successful, having Senran Kagura clearly credited to the creator will/is helping boost it's popularity already. If it's real yuri and it manages to be successful it will be a good news regardless of it not appealing to what we (those of us who don't want overloaded fanservice) actually want from yuri animes/games. It might just help open the gates like what is happening with yuri animes right now... slooowly opening...

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 3:42PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

And about subtext, does Senran Kagura goes beyond subtext? or it's like Queens Blade that is extremely gay but nothing happens? is the story at least good or just excuse plot to see large breasts bouncing?

There are two characters (Imu and Yagyu) that outright say being in love with other girl.

Other than that, only subtext so thick that is impossible to ignore.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

There are two characters (Imu and Yagyu) that outright say being in love with other girl.

Other than that, only subtext so thick that is impossible to ignore.

But is that only in the anime or that also happens in the games? My sister have a 3DS and I will buy a Vita, so I'm trying decide if I should buy Senran Kagura or not.

Although I will probably buy Neptunia first, I'm not able to resist that serie....

Anyways, I really hope it has real yuri and that it manages to be successful, having Senran Kagura clearly credited to the creator will/is helping boost it's popularity already. If it's real yuri and it manages to be successful it will be a good news regardless of it not appealing to what we (those of us who don't want overloaded fanservice) actually want from yuri animes/games. It might just help open the gates like what is happening with yuri animes right now... slooowly opening...

Pray to Madokami-sama that it is real yuri and successful, I'm not sure but I think there is some yaoi games for Vita, it's about time to have some yuri games that are for console and portable.

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 4:14PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm playing Rebirth on PC right now and it's pretty fun.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

I'm playing Rebirth on PC right now and it's pretty fun.

Rebirth mechanics is like those in Victory right? My PC is horrible so my only choice is to play on Vita, althought only now I was able to buy Mk2 and Victory so even if my PC was good I wouldn't be able to play it, did they already release Rebirth 2 for PC? And in this summer Rebirth 3 will be released in english, I wonder how many parallel dimensions exist in Neptunia now...

Anyone playing Hyperdevotion Noire? It seens to be the most yurish of the serie.

Really yurish, they should stop with the subtext and do canon yuri already, like Gensokyo everyone is pretty much gay in Gamindustri...

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 4:36PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You better low your expectations on Hyper Devotion Noire, the male self insert it's Noire's love interest.

Regarding Senran Kagura, it is on the games. On Burst (3DS) is more subdued since the focus is the plot but Versus (Vita) is more explicit and where the confessions come from. In fact, it has become a running gag on the series that everyone can see the blatant affection between the two main girls (Asuka and Homura) but them.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

You better low your expectations on Hyper Devotion Noire, the male self insert it's Noire's love interest.

Regarding Senran Kagura, it is on the games. On Burst (3DS) is more subdued since the focus is the plot but Versus (Vita) is more explicit and where the confessions come from. In fact, it has become a running gag on the series that everyone can see the blatant affection between the two main girls (Asuka and Homura) but them.

Are you sure about that on Hyperdevotion Noire? From what I read in PP the romance with the Producer is part of the main game as the girl even bath with him, but from what I read about the Secretary on Hyperdevotion Noire, he basically don't do much, don't have dialogues, and there is only little hints of romance with Noire in the mini game SimNoire but not in the main story.

Good to know that heavy subtext is not only in the anime, I will try to buy Senran Kagura soon them.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wow! Please could you guys tell me wich games of hyperdimension has that male? To avoid them !! Im having a great time with rebirth 1 and Neptune with Noire... I dont want anything else. You could tell me here quick or at the "small topic" ... I really need to know! I'm almost scared

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

Wow! Please could you guys tell me wich games of hyperdimension has that male? To avoid them !! Im having a great time with rebirth 1 and Neptune with Noire... I dont want anything else. You could tell me here quick or at the "small topic" ... I really need to know! I'm almost scared

Producing Perfection, The girls are idols, you are the producer, you can romance them, Hyperdimension Noire you are Noire Secretary, but what I read is that it don't have real romance, only little hints in the mini game SimNoire, but not in the main story, both are for Vita.

I think Hyperdevotion is safe, but I will search more about it and tell you later.

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 6:38PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, Rebirth 1 is awesome, really shocked to hear about all this waifu crap.

Rebirth mechanics is like those in Victory right?

It's the first Neptunia I played so I can't compare but it's basically a simplified version of Divinity Original Sin's fighting system. Turn based, but you get to move around yourself.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

Yeah, Rebirth 1 is awesome, really shocked to hear about all this waifu crap.

Rebirth mechanics is like those in Victory right?

It's the first Neptunia I played so I can't compare but it's basically a simplified version of Divinity Original Sin's fighting system. Turn based, but you get to move around yourself.

I see, i read that Victory is the Best in mechanics, and because of that the Rebirth will all be like V.

About the self insert bullshit, as far as I know PP is good except for the romance, aparently japanese fandom din't like it too, that's why it is only small hints in the mini game of Hyperdevotion, Blanc and Vert will also have spin off, I will search more about Hyperdevotion to know if it is not like PP, and try to find something about Blanc and Vert spin offs.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

For those interested in Neptunia, all that I found about Hyperdevotion Noire is basically what I already said, that there is only some hints, mainly in the minigame SimNoire, the Secretary don't really affect the story much and the only important hint in the story is if you complete the SimNoire where in the ending there is a extra scene of Noire and the Secretary promising to always be together in their own way, but the scene is pretty ambiguous so it can be taken as both a romantic and non-romantic.

About the other games, unfortunately I was wrong and Vert don't have her own game yet, there is Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed that is a hack and slash from the developers of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, a multyplayer Tag Dimension Team Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombie Army is being made with Blanc as the main character, and is also being made Hyperdimension Great War Neptunia vs. Sega Hard Girls: Dream Union Special that involves the other consoles made by Sega, they have their own anime Hi☆sCoool! SeHa Girls and here you can see how they look http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/SegaHardGirls, all the spin offs and remakes are for Vita.

And if that will make any of you feel better, only the four main games is made by Idea Factory and Compile Heart so I doubt that there is any risk of having any kind of self insert on Victory II that is being made for PS4, PP was almost all done by Tamsoft with little involvement from IF and CH, Hyperdevotion Noire is the same but made by Sting, U is made by Tamsoft without any involviment of IF and CH but from what I found no self insert this time, Tag Dimension Team Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombie Army and Hyperdimension Great War Neptunia vs. Sega Hard Girls: Dream Union Special I didn't find who is making them or any other information so there is risk for more self insert bullshit, but something tells me that they won't have that again.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks for the info! Now I'll just have to wait until Sony sells off their rights to the franchise or something. They should sell Bloodborn while they are at it.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Thanks for the info! Now I'll just have to wait until Sony sells off their rights to the franchise or something. They should sell Bloodborn while they are at it.

Will get Bloodborne if they ever release it for the PC, in some future, heh.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Agree so hard there.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Will get Bloodborne if they ever release it for the PC, in some future, heh.

It's published by Sony, so... it will probably never be on PC.

To reply you must either login or sign up.