Forum › Michiwarikusa Monogatari – Vampire After the Doomsday discussion

joined Jan 30, 2013

I haven't even read it yet but yesss vampires.

edit: first impressions: It's so pretty! I also like the setting. Interesting take on French kissing. Still, after Citrus I will wait for more chapters until I judge it properly.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 8:06PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

Post apocalyptic vampire lesbians?
I'm game.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's something I love so much about cities in ruin. And add lesbian vampires, that's pretty much perfect.

Ghostface-scream-decal__33749.1511159183
joined Feb 1, 2013

Aoi tho.... Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this.... She's just so.... Hnnng... She reminds me of Marceline xD

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Well, that was much faster than expected. Love the slice of life feeling in the first few chapters, hopefully it holds up. Thanks much, Payapaya!

Aoi tho.... Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this.... She's just so.... Hnnng...

Yes, yes she is.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:06PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

Well, that was much faster than expected. Love the slice of life feeling in the first few chapters, hopefully it holds up. Thanks much, Payapaya!

Aoi tho.... Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this.... She's just so.... Hnnng...

Yes, yes she is.

I think all four of them are, to be honest o.o

Also - Holy shit, those kiss scenes were sexy...

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:14PM

Kaonashi%20-gssg
joined Apr 1, 2013

Post apocalyptic vampire lesbians?
I'm game.

I'M IN

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Post apocalyptic lesbian vampires, slice of life, with early/on-going yuri relationships, and awesome heavily detailed art?
Totally gonna keep an eye on this one.

Anyone knows what to expect later on?

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:17PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

That biting kiss makes me shiver... seems painfull >.>

joined Jul 5, 2014

Post apocalyptic lesbian vampires, slice of life, with early/on-going yuri relationships, and awesome heavily detailed art?
Totally gonna keep an eye on this one.

Anyone knows what to expect later on?

Hopefully it will stay slice-of-life'ish, that would be great.
But It'll probably turn into a horror/mystery/supernatural drama? That'd be my guess judging from the fact that all humanity just 'vanished'.
Definitely some plot lingering behind this sweet opening lol.

Michiava1
joined Nov 4, 2014

Ah yes, there it is! Thanks a lot Payapaya scans.

Even if only 2 chapters(the 3rd comes tomorrow) are out in japan, I already really like this manga and I think it has a lot of potential. I especially love it when the Yuri genre explores atypical settings just like this one and Michiwarikusa Monogatari even has the benefit of gorgeous artwork on top of that. Imo It can even rivals other manga known for their great artwork like Otoyomegatari.

Cant’s say much about the characters and their relationship for now, but having them kissing each other already at chapter 1 is also already a huge positive.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Well, it's nice, but I'm not as excited as everyone around.
I dunno, for post-apocalyptic setting I prefer slow fading to nothing of Ashinano Hitoshi to a completely empty world.
I feel that the only thing apocalypse gives this manga is the lack of people, yet we're constantly reminded of it.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 5:05PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I definitely like the setting, but I'm not so sure about them being vampires. It feels sort-of superfluous, since they can be out in the sun and drink each-others blood, rather than having to hunt or seduce non-vampires. In the first chapter, they've effectively eliminated two of the major characteristics of vampires and they've only kept the type for pop-culture appeal and cheesecake kissing/biting scenes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if this qualifies as Adult Life since there's a suggestion they're all pretty old (and the "kids" are the elder vamps).

Tumblr_mzkufvpuyp1sgerido1_500
joined Oct 25, 2014

You don't simply ignore a vampire tag.
Being that said, my a pair of vampire lesbian couple in the end of the world? I don't know where this will go but I'm sooo in xD
Btw, I am in love with the drawing style in this one, such a beatiful bacgrounds, so detaled. Just loved it.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Maybe I'm strange but personally this kind of setting with stylish superior vampire (optionally with lots of cross accessories) and lots of romantic/erotic blood sucking give me awfully bad vibes...

I hope I'm wrong and this will clear my stereotypes on vampires stories

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:51PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

I wonder if this qualifies as Adult Life since there's a suggestion they're all pretty old (and the "kids" are the elder vamps).

One of the couples seems to be adult, but the other seem to be highschoolers. I don't really think it matters about their age in terms of 'vampire years', at the end of the day they're still portrayed as teenagers.

To me, it would be like asking the same question even if their characters are little loli's ^^

That aside though, there is an adult couple in there, so I think it's warranted.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:46PM

Tumblr_e91edc003cdbb03c1b8d45c82a98870c_92f81880_640
joined Jun 29, 2014

yes vampires!

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:59PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Vampire lesbians couples in a post-apocalypse? this is win.
As it has monogatari in the name new headcanon: this is the natural eventuality of the monogatari universe, everyone dies and lesbian vampires rule the earth

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 5:00PM

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Aoi tho.... Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this.... She's just so.... Hnnng... She reminds me of Marceline xD

I guess I wasn't the only person thinking that, too. Her girlfriend also reminds me of Princess Bubblegum, a little.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I guess I wasn't the only person thinking that, too. Her girlfriend also reminds me of Princess Bubblegum, a little.

..... And now i want finn to show up in this manga.

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

What? I mean what? But who cares they are lesbian vampires. :D

joined Jul 8, 2013

Well thats new. Usually, in most other vampire fictions, vampire's feeding on each other is a huge no-no, often being the equivalent to drinking poison or something.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This was cute and all but goddamn that tongue stabbing aaaagh DX

joined Jul 5, 2014

Well thats new. Usually, in most other vampire fictions, vampire's feeding on each other is a huge no-no, often being the equivalent to drinking poison or something.

No matter how different these vampires are to the norm, I think we're all thanking God they're nothing like Twilight.
The whole blood kiss thing reminds me of Aoi Shiro.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 5:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.