Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Have you guys voted for Wolf in Smash yet?

Since I'm more of a Starfox Adventures Fan than the actual Starfox (though I enjoyed Assault) I voted for Krystal instead, sorry ;)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Have you guys voted for Wolf in Smash yet?

Since I'm more of a Starfox Adventures Fan than the actual Starfox (though I enjoyed Assault) I voted for Krystal instead, sorry ;)

It's okay, that way they'll see there's a demand for Starfox representatives but they'll put Wolf anyway since they can just Ctrl C Ctrl V from Brawl just like Lucas

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

It's okay, that way they'll see there's a demand for Starfox representatives but they'll put Wolf anyway since they can just Ctrl C Ctrl V from Brawl just like Lucas

Sadly yes.. I'd rather have a variety of moves instead of clones though (If I want to play wolf I can play custom Fox)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'd rather have a variety of moves instead of clones though

That's the part where we would be rolling down a slope tearing eachother's head, but i'll leave that for later until i figure out why SRS ain't working on this god forgotten computer

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Err...I voted for Mona from warioware because of her many jobs, I think they can get very creative with her move set like they did with the Villager Almost voted Ephraim from FE8 to have a lance user

Edit: WHOA fanart of one of the girls! oh gee I wonder why, the new avatars too cool I kinda like their default design more than the awakening ones.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 2:34AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright finally managed to get that SRS going so i'm ready to settle this Wolf deal
IN SMASH!

...Except not because i'll be taking a easter trip... So wait for my return!
Guess i'll use my cousin to finally complete all-star and finish that hellish panel, already past time i collect all the custom moves

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Alright finally managed to get that SRS going so i'm ready to settle this Wolf deal
IN SMASH!

...Except not because i'll be taking a easter trip... So wait for my return!
Guess i'll use my cousin to finally complete all-star and finish that hellish panel, already past time i collect all the custom moves

I will wait in anticipation.....for about a weak. I'll forget about it most likely afterwards ._:
Though I don't get why two wolf fans have to fight this out in the first place :P

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I bought PoE are you happy?!

Now I've been creating a character for 30 minutes.

How is Pillars of Eternity so far? I blew my budget on DAI, so I'm only getting games that will run on sale this year, except for 1 or 2 yuri games from an indie publisher I usually visit. And there is my backlog too. Haha!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Though I don't get why two wolf fans have to fight this out in the first place :P

It's simple, becaus-HOHOHOOOOOOLY SHIT only now i've watched that SMT x Fire Emblem trailer, i have no idea what the hell i just watched but witnessing the backslash of it is worth of making a popcorn

Edit: Oh crap! Didn't watch the Direct so i didn't know that there was going to be a balance patch, thought we wouldn't have more of those, hoping that Marth my man finally gets some love

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 12:15PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

How is Pillars of Eternity so far? I blew my budget on DAI, so I'm only getting games that will run on sale this year, except for 1 or 2 yuri games from an indie publisher I usually visit. And there is my backlog too. Haha!

It seems pretty nice so far. Got that old school isometric feel to it with modern writing and interface. I also ran into a (very minor) yuri wizard romance in the first town!

Talk more about it...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Suddently trip...yay....? I'll miss my internet...so yeah sorry no ship of the day for a couple of days(from me anyway).

@Kyonne: oh you didn't know they are re-balancing again? I hope Rosalina stays top tier, inb4 they nerf meta-knight again lol.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Suddently trip...yay....? I'll miss my internet...so yeah sorry no ship of the day for a couple of days(from me anyway).

@Kyonne: oh you didn't know they are re-balancing again? I hope Rosalina stays top tier, inb4 they nerf meta-knight again lol.

The thing hate most about those balancing patches is that all my replays disappear EACH time....Maybe now Ness and Diddy Kong will fall from top positions aswell who knows?

joined Mar 23, 2013

It's the good shit. I feel weird that you would trust bioware with full price.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 4:03PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I think it's obvious the main target is Diddy seeing how much attention he got with his Hoo Haa, but i hope stuff like Luigi's and Ness's down throw into several forward airs also get a nerf
And of course, DDD's down smash, that thing is a little too powerful for a move so fast

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Anyone here plays the Yakuza series? Was hooked when I played it on my PS2 when it was first released. It's not really popular outside Japan, plus I don't know anyone here who actually played it. Absolutely recommended if you're willing to give it a shot. I would suggest starting from Yakuza 1. With emulators, you can actually upscale them and make em look HD if you've got powerful PC to run it.
To those who played it:
Have you heard about the localization of Yakuza 5?? Man, after 3 years SEGA finally listened to us! THE WAIT IS OVER!!! Super hyped for this game to come to US! It's got PERFECT score by Famitsu btw

joined Mar 23, 2013

Anyone here plays the Yakuza series? Was hooked when I played it on my PS2 when it was first released. It's not really popular outside Japan, plus I don't know anyone here who actually played it. Absolutely recommended if you're willing to give it a shot. I would suggest starting from Yakuza 1. With emulators, you can actually upscale them and make em look HD if you've got powerful PC to run it.
To those who played it:
Have you heard about the localization of Yakuza 5?? Man, after 3 years SEGA finally listened to us! THE WAIT IS OVER!!! Super hyped for this game to come to US! It's got PERFECT score by Famitsu btw

Yakuza is a fun franchise, I think I played a game of it on the PS2. While I have no doubt the newest game is fun in the same way the others were. Quoting Famitsu for Japanese games with degree of renown is not really any indication that the game is great.

Like seriously, I don't see them going under 37/40 with their country's product. They're even worse than IGN 9+/10 automatic rating of any triple A titles.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 1:38PM

joined Jan 30, 2015

Those are both correct; Famitsu has the issues of being stodgy and predictable, and Yakuza is good because it is absurd in many different meanings of the word.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Those are both correct; Famitsu has the issues of being stodgy and predictable, and Yakuza is good because it is absurd in many different meanings of the word.

To be fair to Famitsu, Japanese news is pretty bad at the whole critical thinking journalism.
You wouldn't want to upset anyone by saying something mean that might rustle some jimmies.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Have you heard about the localization of Yakuza 5??

I wonder if it's too much to hope for a localization of Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin! if Yakuza 5 goes well

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

GameXplain did an analysis on the SMT x FE trailer and I still think they should've made the battle system similar the Devil survivor games...I dunno I guess I'll wait patiently for more news.

......Wait Yakuza 5 is getting localized?! whoa how did I miss that? cool!

Game: Fatal Frame 2 Pairing: Mio x Mayu Incest Link: pixiv1 pixiv2

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

......Wait Yakuza 5 is getting localized?! whoa how did I miss that? cool!

Digital only unfortunately, the damn game is over 20gb which makes my life kinda hard
On other good news though, seems like 5's getting translated alongside Yakuza 0

joined Jan 30, 2015

To be fair to Famitsu, Japanese news is pretty bad at the whole critical thinking journalism.
You wouldn't want to upset anyone by saying something mean that might rustle some jimmies.

Well, the problem is that Japanese businesses, including journalism, tend to be very centralized and monopolistic. Such conditions don't cotton to rocking the boat, or the boss' friends' boats.

Famitsu reviews are actually interesting, because they're incredibly brief and vague. They sound like a recommendation on Steam, but with an incredible weight of advertising behind it.

I'm surprised 5 and 0 are getting official translations. Sega is both prone to bad decisions and to courting safe markets like pachinko and mobile. Yakuza is something I would see long-term videogame players would be interested in, which is a smaller and sometimes fickle market.

I mean, I am delighted that they're getting released in the West, and I hope they do well enough to localize more games. It just seems not in line with Sega's recent history.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Game: Skullgirls Pairing: Carol(Painwheel) x Valentine Link: tumblr1 tumblr2

I was clearly not paying enough attention to the character designs in FE: if...two left feet...really? how did they screw that up!?

last edited at Apr 7, 2015 11:35PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Seems like my hype to actually play a game is back... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-aWIY3o9eg

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Gah Nintendo GIMME THAT MONADO!...yeah they released a couple of songs on their channel.

Series: Etrian Odyssey Pairing: Hexer x War Magus Link: pixiv

This topic has been locked.