Forum › Baby You discussion

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

The feels in this one....

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Babyzoned

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

damn

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

Babyzoned

upvoted

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I'm not sure I really understood the last few panels on this one. The part where the one girl says "Because I might fall in love again...some day" and also the part where it gets reinterpreted as "Because I might fall in love again someday, baby."
The first line sounds like she got burned in a previous relationship and hasn't really recovered from it yet, but there wasn't any sign of that in the story. Alternatively, it could mean that if she gets into a relation ship, with the blonde girl, she might later fall in love with someone else, but the someday and the ellipse seems to throw that off.

As for the second line, the only thing I can think of is that it's emphasizing that she thinks of the blond more like a baby, but that doesn't seem to fit the tone of the thought or their relationship. That interpretation seems really mean spirited and harsh, but it's positioning feels more like a term of endearment.

joined Oct 27, 2013

Babyzoned

Exactly what I was thinking!

Poor lady :( I feel your pain

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

I'm not sure I really understood the last few panels on this one. The part where the one girl says "Because I might fall in love again...some day" and also the part where it gets reinterpreted as "Because I might fall in love again someday, baby."
The first line sounds like she got burned in a previous relationship and hasn't really recovered from it yet, but there wasn't any sign of that in the story. Alternatively, it could mean that if she gets into a relation ship, with the blonde girl, she might later fall in love with someone else, but the someday and the ellipse seems to throw that off.

As for the second line, the only thing I can think of is that it's emphasizing that she thinks of the blond more like a baby, but that doesn't seem to fit the tone of the thought or their relationship. That interpretation seems really mean spirited and harsh, but it's positioning feels more like a term of endearment.

Maybe she's trying to say that a friends-with-benefits type of relationship would be pointless because she'll fall in love again. The ellipses show how unsure she is, like, "There's always a possibility of me falling in love again. There's also a possibility of not falling in love again. Who knows..." She (black haired girl) seems like the type that's serious about relationships and so she sees no point in entering a relationship when she feels nothing for the blonde girl. Her point about falling in love again just solidifies to the blond girl even more about why it would be pointless.

As for the second time that line was said, I think it's strange. It doesn't really fit. I feel like it would've been better and clearer if that was omitted. Unless, of course, I'm missing something.

Anyways, I found this interesting. I like how it didn't really focus on how they were both women. How the black haired one reached the conclusion that some people, no matter what gender, just aren't people you are romantically attracted to.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Has Nishi Uko drawn any manga where the couple gets together?
In the usually stuff they already are together.

and http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/to_meet is more of a re-telling instead of having the story unfold.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

DAMN IT!! Unseeing this

joined Mar 26, 2014

Nishi Uko's work always depresses me or hope for more after I read them (-_-")

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I am constantly amazed that one person can express soooo many thoughts, ideas, and emotions in so few pages. damn! I wish I could meet and interview Nishi Uko irl.

question 1: what is the muse for your different stories?
question 2: a lot of your stories center around relationships, is that because your art imitates life or because your life makes for entertaining art?

@flips - don't forget http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/mannequin. the couple gets/is getting married?

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Welp, YOU CANNOT UNSEE! Unless, of course, you lemme wipe that memory with a Hax sign that would may or may not work.

Anyways, the whole creation made sense but the last two lines (maybe three?) confused the fuck out of me. But I won't even try and decipher the meanings, if there are deep ones, because it is a pain.

joined Apr 14, 2013

?!?!?!?!?!?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I liked this one shot. You don't really see a story about the leads not getting together for the simple reason of just not being attracted to each other. I liked how the blonde also took back the whole "Is it because I'm a woman?" excuse too. Great story :)

joined Apr 13, 2012

I am constantly amazed that one person can express soooo many thoughts, ideas, and emotions in so few pages. damn! I wish I could meet and interview Nishi Uko irl.

+1

Babyzoned

+9000

last edited at Mar 27, 2014 1:41AM

Panda_icon
joined Feb 8, 2013

Babyzoned

upvoted

took the words right out of my mouth...

joined Apr 29, 2013

wow shit my heart just </3...

76925bc27b36af156d0671bdda0b25dc65afa68f
joined Sep 5, 2011

Nishi Uko. A person who can cleverly read a heart and break it so elegantly making you still come back for more. Bittersweet tears.

last edited at Apr 6, 2014 8:45AM

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I would say it's bittersweet, but there wasn't any sweetness. An my the non-moe art tag? It wasn't that rough.

Images
joined Aug 31, 2013

I don't get it, well its adult life so its expected, thought I'm matured enough

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I don't get it, well its adult life so its expected, thought I'm matured enough

Adult life sucks a lot sometimes, but not all the time. The problem here is zoning. Zoning always suck, especially when it's some stupid zoning like this one. MC should learn a thing or 2 from Normal Love's MC:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/normal_love#18

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

she need to know gaybar exist.
it's sound like she had been hitting on woman with unknown sexuality status.
adult life? pffftttt.

last edited at Mar 27, 2014 3:05PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Babyzoned

lol

Sad but sweet. I liked it.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Wha- just speechless :v

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

OK, someone educate me. What does 'babyzoned' or 'babyzoning' mean?

To reply you must either login or sign up.