Forum › Stretch discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Oh, what are the odds.
Not sure if Ran is totally clueless that that's Keiko's ex, or she just knows no mercy xD

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Oh, what are the odds.
Not sure if Ran is totally clueless that that's Keiko's ex, or she just knows no mercy xD

Maybe seeing Keiko being now much better with kids and her nightmare, Ran though she would be ok meeting and sorting things out with the ex

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

She knows and I think she's making sure of the closure. She wouldn't want to make her move if there's lingering feelings toward the ex, would she? By the way, Saki and Keiko showed up at random at Ran's work. This wasn"t a setup.

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 4:41PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

no mercy... although she might pay for it later

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

We're talking about Ran, the might roach slayer, capable of slapping a roach in flight, of course that with her keen senses she was able to find a suitable weapon and get it in mere seconds!! That's the greatness of our Ran-sama!!

LOL. I didn't see this until much later (apparently), but that is absolutely brilliant. You obviously have excellent insight.

The New Chapter

I thought it was a bit heartless how Ran handled all of it, tbh. Maybe the translations will shed a different light, but it seemed like she was spurring on the conversation between them both, and favoring the Keiko's ex. She didn't even seem particularly worried about Keiko when Keiko&friend left

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 4:48PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Ran was actually asking the ex-boyfriend, why isn't he talking about his Ex-girlfriend like he usually does. I first thought that Ran brought up that ex-bf's usual talk about his ex-girlfriend on purpose, but the last panel kind of showed that Ran was genuinely clueless about the whole situation, but who knows

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^ WHAT. You mean to tell me that Ran never realized that his Keiko was her Keiko??

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

^ I'm afraid so

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

^ I honestly don't believe it, it would totally be her style to play ignorance (and it totally looks like she's playing here)

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 5:18PM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

^ WHAT. You mean to tell me that Ran never realized that his Keiko was her Keiko??

Boon has the translation. Fast as ever. Ran knows exactly what she is doing

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 5:21PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Ohhh, thank you for the link craptree. Holy nutsacks Boon's fast

And shite, it really does look like Ran's playing around...I really doubt she'd forget the ex's name...or maybe this is her way of forcing Keiko to get closure? Idk...if she is playing ignorance, it's a bit cruel. I'm kinda hoping she's just oblivious.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Ran is too good at pretending, but I still am not convinced that she is doing that on purpose. Ran is a goof, but I don't think she'd go doing something like that without considering Keiko's feeling

joined Mar 28, 2014

She's cruel here - there's now way she would forget Keiko's name. The trigger for her revenge was what got a little lost in translation (it's fixed now btw) - Keiko said not to praise Ran too much because then she'll get carried away. And immediately Ran hits back with that dialogue which ends in 'I'm sorry, I got a little carried away'. The true reason for doing that though... that's a good question. Perhaps she decided to go all in - after all she didn't get her feelings properly returned yet.

lol. my message from the 19th of May - now I'm really curious how much of it will come true

Crushes work in mysterious ways. Just because the only thing he does now is whining doesn't mean he's given up on her at all. I don't think anyone sees how it can be good for Keiko to go back to him, but that's not necessarily the case for her herself. If she really had true feelings for him, and if he really tries his best, in her opinion, like, you know, melts her heart - it may happen and she may forgive him. At least they don't seem like they properly ended their relationship, as it felt more like Keiko ragequitting due-to the miscarriage.
That essentially doesn't mean it's a het ending either, of course, because they are likely to break up very soon again just as well, forever this time. Or Keiko may reject him from the get-go. Or the guy might not even get the courage to get close to her again. It all depends on how string will Shou decide to troll the audience. Because, come on, essentially the manga is about the two girls living and stretching together. So everything that breaks this flow for more than a chapter or two will break the manga itself.
In that sense, I agree with you that the guy isn't a real option for Keiko. It's just that I'm afraid she's blind to it yet. And I wouldn't be that confident about the ex approaching Keiko again. Even if he tries to go for Ran, once he learns that Ran and that Keiko are roommates, he might reconsider and try to approach Keiko.

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 6:20PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Jesus Christ Ran

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Dang.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I wonder what it means to settle things with an ex for good? Break up properly or restore the relationship?

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 6:27PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh god chapter 38... "Everyone evacuate!! Here come into this safe room where you can all stay and read free yuri and have comfort snacks while the storm passes!!!"
I wanted to run and hide I don't even know why and I'm not even in the story god that was terrifying -.- and I so excitedly opened the chapter up to read too lmao.... Damn it Ran what are you trying to do?... I hope Reiko doesn't go back with him ;.; even if he is a good man I just ship Her and Ran bad!!! They can't do this to us!!! We need more yuri like this!!! Well technically it isn't yuri agh but aaaaahhh!!!!!
"Quickly everyone get inside the safe room while you still have be chance!!!"

BolbyNasution
Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

I don't wanna see het tag in the end of the day

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Oh sweet Madoka... I NEED the next chapter... no, scratch that, knowing Shou, I need the next three chapters, now.

Someone has time machine to spare?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

There is absolutely no reason to be paranoid, here Keiko clearly don't want to go back with him and her friend advise her to make it clear

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

NOOoooooooo!!!........

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Looks like someone needs a microwave, a phone, and the all important password el psy congroo.

Wait that's only the past jkk

[Edit: I agree with trafi, this development is a good thing not a bad thing]

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 6:39PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I wonder what it means to settle things with an ex for good? Break up properly or restore the relationship?

Break up properly obviously. I've always said that Keiko and her ex should talk about themselves and the demise. Your may thingy about her "ragequitting" the relationship even though he left her is on point.

Keiko's prefered defense mechanism is just like mine, flight. Before she met him, she would jump partners and each time it got "complicated" she just cut ties.
But some things you can't run from forever, or you can but it would be negative in the long run and a missed opportunity.

From what we've seen, after the miscarriage she went into a ball and went into "I hate everything" phase. After some time her ex was like "I tried but it's time to admit defeat". This is probably one of the worse ways of breaking up, even worse than the "Im so mad get the fuck out of my life". It was a complete lack of communication and a silent break up.

When I saw the two of them meeting up I thought it would be this sort of chapter but it wasn't just Ran being a troll.

Not that I'm all that upset, this wasn't a SoL "filler" chapter, stuff happened even though it wasn't what folks wanted.

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 6:42PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

She's cruel here - there's now way she would forget Keiko's name. The trigger for her revenge was what got a little lost in translation (it's fixed now btw) - Keiko said not to praise Ran too much because then she'll get carried away. And immediately Ran hits back with that dialogue which ends in 'I'm sorry, I got a little carried away'. The true reason for doing that though... that's a good question. Perhaps she decided to go all in - after all she didn't get her feelings properly returned yet.

After re-reading it again, yeah, Ran was burning them on purpose. But the last panel still convince me that she's just oblivious,or maybe she is teasing the ex-boyfriend a little more...well who knows. If she is doing on pupose though, I agree with you, for what reasons? It can't be just Ran's pay back.

I so need the next chapter. Hopefully Shou won't be giving us a filler episode next....

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 6:41PM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Looks like someone needs a microwave, a phone, and the all important password el psy congroo.

Wait that's only the past jkk

[Edit: I agree with trafi, this development is a good thing not a bad thing]
Dammit! I only got a DeLorean and a Flux Capacitor... Me and my luck!!

Oh dear, I'm scared. If Stretch has an het development I will be so so so so so depressed.
I'm scared!!
And now I'M PANICKING!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.