Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Sick K-On reference.

Unless 'Moe Moe Kyun <3' was already a reference to something else

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I think the whole "moe moe kyun" is more like a maid cafe thing rather than k-on.

Nice chapter as usual. Shinozaki getting lost in Kaede's cuteness, can totally understand that XD

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Huh, drama CD is a first step to getting an anime ^_^

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I read up to chapter 26 and absolutely nothing really yuri happens, except maybe another girl falling for Shinozaki and trying to get close of her by learning about yaoi (!), and also Shinozaki getting jealous because beautified/normallized Kaede attracts attention. Still pretty subtexty

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I think the whole "moe moe kyun" is more like a maid cafe thing rather than k-on.

Where'd it come from/start?

SeifukuGirls
Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

pfft a true lolicon doesn't find kids attractive, that just makes you a pedo, a true lolicon finds lolis attractive, there is a difference in that lolis look absolutely nothing like real children.

You know "Lolicon" is just the Japanese word for pedophile right?

I think of it more like,
Pedo = Loves kids
Lolicon = Loves kids and people who look like kids

Or a lolicon could even just love people who look younger than they are, but aren't actually that young.

I guess, a lolicon is more into the childish look, while a pedo is more into the naivety and innocence of a child's personality. At least that's my thought.

And yeah, lolicon is basically the Japanese word for pedo, but I think it's taken on a different meaning among foreigners. Like otaku in Japan means someone who loves anime while otaku in other countries means someone who loves anime and/or other Japanese media and culture. I'm sure there's a better example, but I can't think of it right now.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Otaku doesn't mean "someone who loves anime" in Japan. It's larger than that. Basically, it's someone passionate about something. There're "military otaku" (interested in evetything military, from weapons to uniforms) in Japan and they couldn't care less about anime or manga.

http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/12-types-of-otaku

Tying the word to anime and manga is a western thing actually.

Lolicon is just fascination with young looking girls. It has little to do with pedophilia.

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 9:32AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Otaku doesn't mean "someone who loves anime" in Japan. It's larger than that. Basically, it's someone passionate about something. There're "military otaku" (interested in evetything military, from weapons to uniforms) in Japan and they couldn't care less about anime or manga.

http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/12-types-of-otaku

Tying the word to anime and manga is a western thing actually.

Lolicon is just fascination with young looking girls. It has little to do with pedophilia.

Otaku also isn't considered a positive word, generally implying unhealthy obsession rather than simply loving or being a fan of something. In Western terms, it's got a "living in your parents' basement at 30" sort of connotation as well. It's Western fans that use otaku in a more benign way.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yep, otaku has really a negative feel in Japan. Far worse than nerd or geek. It's generally considered unheallthy to be an otaku. Someone you don't want to be friend with.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Don't you dare to skip Shinozaki's B-day ... We do not forget!!! It was cute and all, she is figuring things out in baby steps but... SHINOZAKI BIRTHDAY PLS

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Huh, drama CD is a first step to getting an anime ^_^

Almost everything gets a drama CD tho, pretty cheap to produce...

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 10:22AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That's the western view as well. Lolicon is short for lolita complex and is used pretty much as their way to say pedophile in japan.

Western culture tend to pick words from japanese and focus on the most "positive" outlook of the word. Otaku is one example, with a lot of western people liking to call themselves "otaku" to emphasize their love of anime/manga without realizing that for japanese, otaku is a really strong and negative word that goes beyond just liking anime/manga.

Lolicon is the same, mostly because in western culture, there's a much more blatant dislike of pedophilia, lolicon got used to make a distinction with people who enjoy it in animes and manga, but don't want to be labeled as a pedophile. In japan, they do Idol videos with 12yo wearing skimpy swimsuits and those are considered to be legal when in most western countries, those wouldn't be tolerated.

In some way, it's kind of the same of how some people came up with "shojo-ai" to denote "yuri, but not too much yuri !"

Where'd it come from/start?
Don't really know, but when I was in Japan, I went to a couple maid cafe to see how those were and it was quite common there for girls making shows with a lot of "moe moe kyun". Heck, in Akihabara, I even saw one maid cafe doing street advertising with a couple girls in maids outfit on balconies doing the heart shape with their hands and speakers going "moe moe kyun !" endlessely. XD

It's just a word combination that sounds cute, not sure if there's any deeper meaning to it.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I've seen some cases when term lolicon was used in manga to talk about liking children - not sexually, just very (too) fond of kids. Maybe it was translator though...

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 12:07PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

I've seen some cases when term lolicon was used in manga to talk about liking children - not sexually, just very (too) fond of kids. Maybe it was translator though...

by that logic most parents are lolicon..

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lolicon is supposedly platonic, even if it involves sexual desire and fantasies about young looking girls. One of the character of this very manga (friend of the brother) says as much. Much like a siscon or a brocon are different than incest.

It turns into pedophilia or incest if the fantasies are realized, or there're are attempts to realize them.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Wow, is that the first time she nosebled over Kaede?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Are you kidding ? She probably did it a dozen times x)

Just go to the swimsuit tagged chapter and there it is :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinozaki_san_ki_wo_ota_shika_ni_ch11#10

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 2:29PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I can't believe I forgot those moments...

starsaber123
Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Ah this totally made my day! I swear, Akina is such a social klutz!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Just ordered the 4 volume set from Honto. :)

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

It turns into pedophilia or incest if the fantasies are realized, or there're are attempts to realize them.

wrong!
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/-philia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paraphilias
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 12:46PM

joined May 30, 2015

LOL, poor akina, so misunderstood

and i wish kaede would start showing some hints of romantic attraction to akina already! it's about time gurl

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Tomoko from Watamote should had learned something from Akina.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yay! Next issue we can see Akina completely fail to admit to herself she's an otaku and a lesbian at the perfect place to realize both!

It'll be the perfect combination of awesome hilarity and frustrating tease.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

wrong!
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/-philia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paraphilias

All wrong, pedophilia is the mmm preference,but pede..ah i don't know the name, pederastia is when they actually rape or molest children,taking thoughts into action.

To reply you must either login or sign up.