GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011
  1. Insulting scanlators is unacceptable

Unless they are CGrascal.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Suggestion: Since people like keeping track of character and creator birthdays, maybe adding a calendar application to the site might be a fun thing to do. Alternatively, a preset banner for when dates like that come up.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Updated UTF-8 support for special characters like

last edited at Nov 7, 2014 8:02PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Above is a comment posted by OrangePekoe in one of the comment threads.

This really needs to be a sticky, with a couple of additions about spam, hate speech and stuff. If could form the basis of a set of general forum guidelines. I tend to follow the philosophy that a set of general guidelines, applied at the discretion of the mod(s) is better than a lot of very specific rules.

I think in general we're sort of against rules, as I recall there used to be only one (by Casusby):

"The Discussion feature of the reader is meant to be a place where readers can talk about the contents of releases. It is not meant to be a place where you ask "WHERE IS NEXT RELEASE". Any further discussions starting, or containing such posts will be met with deletion or harsher penalties at the discretion of the admins and staff."

Others were eventually added due to very specific circumstances. That said - and especially given that we're getting a dedicated forum mod - I do agree with it. Probably best to wait till we've filled that position though (doubt it'll be long).

Suggestion: Since people like keeping track of character and creator birthdays, maybe adding a calendar application to the site might be a fun thing to do. Alternatively, a preset banner for when dates like that come up.

Silly, but good, seconded.

last edited at Nov 8, 2014 11:53AM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Is it possible to have a direct link to a specific post? Also a source link when we quote someone else's post would be really nice/helpful (for me anyway).

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I like this idea, the right of the main page still has a lot of unused space, it could also be a tab of it's own.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Is it possible to have a direct link to a specific post? Also a source link when we quote someone else's post would be really nice/helpful (for me anyway).

In addition to this a marker for which specific posts are unread would be nice. Unless I'm overlooking something there's no actual indicator for that.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

s there a way to search individual characters instead of pairings in search?

Not really, just search in pairings for the character you wanna see pics/doujins of and look at the tags with their names in it. That's the easiest way to find stuff featuring specific characters.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

s there a way to search individual characters instead of pairings in search?

Not really, just search in pairings for the character you wanna see pics/doujins of and look at the tags with their names in it. That's the easiest way to find stuff featuring specific characters.

I shudder to think of going through all the doujins and tagging what characters are in them.

Touhou on its own is enough to kill many strong men.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

dont have to tag individual chars just where if i look up alice it reveals all the pairings. that would make sense woodn't !t

you can go to the touhou series on directory/doujin(http://dynasty-scans.com/doujins/touhou_project) then ctrl+f alice and get the same result.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

dont have to tag individual chars just where if i look up alice it reveals all the pairings. that would make sense woodn't !t

Maybe, but what about ones that don't have romantic pairings? Touhou's got a bunch of those, for instance. So you'd need a way to identify who's in those, plus some way to identify stories with characters you want who aren't necessarily the main couple. Sticking with Touhou, for instance, if I wanted stories where Yukari appears, there are loads of Marisa x Reimu where she does, and some Youmu x Yuyuko as well. So those also have to be accounted for.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I see your point and that sounds really painful to have to go through all the site tagging each char, I've seen that in other sites but it's never perfect. The community could do the individual characters tag and then you have to take in account the random trolls who add random things like cake and bananas.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I see your point and that sounds really painful to have to go through all the site tagging each char, I've seen that in other sites but it's never perfect. The community could do the individual characters tag and then you have to take in account the random trolls who add random things like cake and bananas.

Not the worst idea. Like you said, there'd need to be someone quality-checking it which could be daunting. Although with a full-time tagging volunteer, they could conceivably just pick away at it since it's something that pretty much only applies to doujins and canon Touhou stuff.

Although I think adding them to a searchable database rather than Tags would be better, to save cluttering things up.

This is all pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking of course, given I know nothing about the inner workings of the search engine.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

can there be a sleeping tag. that's like my favorite type of yuri so I would love to look through all of it.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

can there be a sleeping tag. that's like my favorite type of yuri so I would love to look through all of it.

Sure! I just added it, and added it to one image. You can do back-tag suggestions if you like, otherwise I'll (hopefully) get to it shortly.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

Sure! I just added it, and added it to one image. You can do back-tag suggestions if you like, otherwise I'll (hopefully) get to it shortly.

thank you so much. I'm so excited. I'll definitely do some back-tag suggestions.(I already have some in mind)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but is there a place on the site where I can get a crash course in the formatting?

Seeing as the title of this thread indicates a FAQ, that would be a good place to put a list of the formatting marks.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but is there a place on the site where I can get a crash course in the formatting?

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax or google search for a Markdown tutorial. Otherwise you can learn some stuff by quoting other users.

Basic stuff I use is like:

This

tsuntsun

italics

bold

bold italics?

spoilers

Tagging is the weird one

but there is other stuff you can do as well.

last edited at Nov 10, 2014 5:25PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

When I read markdown rules, I noticed that spoilers aren't there.
Did you guys add it to forum?
If so, could you add one more thing - that is, underlining?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

When I read markdown rules, I noticed that spoilers aren't there.
Did you guys add it to forum?
If so, could you add one more thing - that is, underlining?

Yes, om posted about it on the first page of this thread when he did.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax or google search for a Markdown tutorial. Otherwise you can learn some stuff by quoting other users.

Basic stuff I use is like:

This

tsuntsun

italics

bold

bold italics?

spoilers

Tagging is the weird one

but there is other stuff you can do as well.

These are just pretty much what I think is useful on this forum though.
When I began lurking here in DS forum, markdown's one of the things that I thought would be nice to know. Since there's not much of a "navigation" kind of thing here, unlike to other forums out there (not that I mind though).
If you want to learn the whole thing, here's what I used back then: Markdown Tutorial. One of the good aspects of this one is that you got to try using the markdown codes (not sure if I'm using the correct word here) before moving on. Hence, you'll kinda understand what you're doing.

Re: additional slaves for DS
Yeah, I'm not posting it there since this is much of a suggestion rather than being a volunteer or something. Though it has a bit of connection of some sort.

I think it could help to have a "report" button for the forum or whatever. Since forum moderators got their own lives as well. This could help to just directly tell them what to look at. If you're quite a bit concern of getting spam reports, just put in some punishment (like whipping their asses till they can't get enough, or something) for any misuse of the report button thing.

Would love to volunteer being a slave though. Since almost everyday I lurk in this paradise. But I don't want to commit unto something that I'm not quite sure if I can give attention to. Considering my hands are already tied up outside this paradise. Plus given the warning of taking in the various categories in the reader. I want my yuri fandom to retain its heaven like paradise for me. So yeah. ( ̄▽ ̄)

last edited at Nov 11, 2014 11:53AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

To be honest, having it as both a series and an anthology would be a bit redundant (and would clutter the Takemiya page) since the series is just the first three chapters of the anthology. Would it make more sense to just change the Game entry from a series to an anthology, rename the first three chapters (to Game First, Game Second, Game Third) and then mark as ongoing?

I'm not 100% sure about it, I'll ask for opinions. The only problem with that would be pointing each chapter to the series original forum page, but I doubt that would be much of a problem.

Welp, I was wrong. Currently it's not possible to have multiple chapters pointing to a single thread (and it's not exactly a priority to be updated, sadly).
So, I think we'll stick with the current setup, even if it isn't perfect. It seems like it would be best to use the current series cover for the anthology, and use something else for the series page (so things don't get too confusing). Thoughts?

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Welp, I was wrong. Currently it's not possible to have multiple chapters pointing to a single thread (and it's not exactly a priority to be updated, sadly).
So, I think we'll stick with the current setup, even if it isn't perfect. It seems like it would be best to use the current series cover for the anthology, and use something else for the series page (so things don't get too confusing). Thoughts?

Yeah, that sounds fine. My own copy of the tank is now in a different country, but I can ask Editor-san if any of the other scans we have would work for that—there were some images under the cover that haven't been uploaded yet, though at least one of those has semi-My Beloved spoilers. (If we had a clean copy of the image on the back, that would be perfect).

By the way, was there some way of having KiLa KiLa and Rin Rin point to each other as chapter and sequel? It's exactly not urgent, given that they bookend the same anthology, but...

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yeah, that sounds fine. My own copy of the tank is now in a different country, but I can ask Editor-san if any of the other scans we have would work for that—there were some images under the cover that haven't been uploaded yet, though at least one of those has semi-My Beloved spoilers. (If we had a clean copy of the image on the back, that would be perfect).

By the way, was there some way of having KiLa KiLa and Rin Rin point to each other as chapter and sequel? It's exactly not urgent, given that they bookend the same anthology, but...

Sequel-ing stuff is not a function at the moment, but is a fairly commonly requested one, so I believe it's on the planning list somewhere.

Like you say tho, for that instance it's kind of fine as it is, both being in the same anthology and all.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Alright. Whichever you guys think is best works for us, and you can always get in touch if you need anything for it.

Sequel-ing stuff is not a function at the moment, but is a fairly commonly requested one, so I believe it's on the planning list somewhere.

(dpf is a pro sniper)

I went ahead and made Prequel and Sequel tags for now, as I said I would months ago (before a lot of rl stuff happened). I figure at the very least, it will give people a heads-up if they're reading a sequel, and make eventual proper "sequel-ing" easier.

last edited at Nov 14, 2014 1:50AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.