joined May 8, 2017

i don't get why people are complaining about a new character

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 10, pg 09. "What would Fujishiro do it" -> "do if"

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

i don't get why people are complaining about a new character

People are afraid of the upcoming potential drama. Emphasis on the potential part, since the story so far seems to be all about setting up drama for it not actually happening. The suspension was the most serious thing, and the most we got form it now is a strengthening in their bond and a gyaru yelling at Kurokawa, which turned out was just being jealous.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 12:42PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nothing much happened in this chapter...
People talked a lot to no particular end, and there were no new developments for the two MCs. That's it.

Really now?

That's how it felt to me, yep.

Fujishiro's hug definitely left an impression on Kurokawa. Now she questions what that was actually about and Fujishiro is certainly aware that she was doing something odd.

Frankly, this looked to me like a step backwards. Why the sudden awkwardness, when up to now they seemed to be comfy with those moments of touchy-feeliness and deep emotion?

Izumi got revealed as an ally to Fujishiro.

This we knew already. We also have reason to suspect that she has a crush on Fujishiro. But no development on that yet.

Heck, it seems Izumi hasn't even grasped yet that Kurokawa is her rival...

It was revealed that the reason Miki is such a bitch to Kurokawa and badmouthes Fujishiro is that she actually really adored her and can't cope with her change.

Pfffff... Miki is such a marginal existence in the story, I couldn't care less. In any case, if she admired Fujishiro, it's because Fujishiro was the queen bee of the school and had all the boy-drones at her feet. For her, that was the ideal role model. Straight as an arrow, our Miki.

A new childhood friend character will appear in the story soon, who apparently knew one of the MCs for 7 years and calls them her "angel".

Ah yes... that's kind of a development flag, alright... too bad it's the kind of flag that announces a new obstacle in the way of the relationship between the two MCs...

I've been loving this story so far, every chapter of it. But this particular chapter felt empty to me. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Nikaidou/Tadokoro and hoped for these two to turn more that way? Go figure.

Anyway, if you say you liked this new chappie, that's ok by me. Good for you.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

CozyCreature12 posted:

Yeah well, my expectations were broke so I'm leaving of this...time to wait other GOOD Yuri manga

I think it'd be impossible to live up to your completely arbitrary expectations. You seem to think every yuri manga is shit which makes me question why you even bother coming to the site. Then again you also seem to jump ship whenever the discussion gets too tough for you too which makes me question why you bother posting on the forums since you're clearly not here to discuss anything.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh no... this is a nightmare to quote.

Fujishiro's hug definitely left an impression on Kurokawa. Now she questions what that was actually about and Fujishiro is certainly aware that she was doing something odd.

Frankly, this looked to me like a step backwards. Why the sudden awkwardness, when up to now they seemed to be comfy with those moments of touchy-feeliness and deep emotion?

First of all they weren't very touchy feely yet. Aside from Fujishiro dragging her around a bit and doing her makeup I don't remember many skinship moments. The hug is a step forward, because she held it for so long that it was obviously not just out of relief anymore. At least Fujishiro herself realized that (hence the extreme blushing). It's just one more obvious sign that she is in love with Kurokawa and the latter is getting suspicious of it too.

Izumi got revealed as an ally to Fujishiro.

This we knew already. We also have reason to suspect that she has a crush on Fujishiro. But no development on that yet.

No, this we could assume with absolutely no proof up to this point. Is she her rival? Who knows. That is not confirmed yet either. But knowing that someone stands up for the both of them is important, because Izumi hasn't really done that until now. It makes them less isolated.

It was revealed that the reason Miki is such a bitch to Kurokawa and badmouthes Fujishiro is that she actually really adored her and can't cope with her change.

Pfffff... Miki is such a marginal existence in the story, I couldn't care less. In any case, if she admired Fujishiro, it's because Fujishiro was the queen bee of the school and had all the boy-drones at her feet. For her, that was the ideal role model. Straight as an arrow, our Miki.

So you don't care = not important. Good to know.

A new childhood friend character will appear in the story soon, who apparently knew one of the MCs for 7 years and calls them her "angel".

Ah yes... that's kind of a development flag, alright... too bad it's the kind of flag that announces a new obstacle in the way of the relationship between the two MCs...

I've been loving this story so far, every chapter of it. But this particular chapter felt empty to me. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Nikaidou/Tadokoro and hoped for these two to turn more that way? Go figure.

Anyway, if you say you liked this new chappie, that's ok by me. Good for you.

You don't like it = not important. Good to know.

The quality of the chapter aside, I just found your claim too outrageous lol

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 2:35PM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I'm just here to hope that Fujishiro and Kurokawa kiss.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was nice. A little more was going on with that friend group after all. I see the teacher hitting thing was all chatted up. All I can add is "is it enough for Fujishiro acquire the title of delinquent?!" :3

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

How much you wanna bet that she's specifically a childhood friend of Kurokawa, and she really is someone who used her to look better, and wont take her image change well.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 3:45PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Doctor_Hoot covered most of my feelings. Well said.

I'm glad Kurokawa's insecurities haven't magically disappeared, but also that they gave us relief from them. It was a nice touch how Izumi's?? commentary was used to give balance to Miki's character.

The author seems to have a tendency for exaggerating flaws. But they are also overt about offsetting them and showing that the characters and perspectives are not all bad.

I'm not a triangle fan, but more than that I do not like how young, loud and foolish this new character sounds. Just a personal preference.

Not the best chap to me, but I'm glad we saw a little growth in Kurokawa.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 4:47PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

So... any clue who the character at the end is or who she's referring to?

joined Nov 14, 2013

At this point we really only know one character that either Kaede or Nanaki know from that long ago and it's Reina (or Mirei?), the girl who beat Kaede out for being princess in elementary school and is the first one Kaede said she "never wanted to see a sad look on her face", which between that and the childish character of this newcomer, this points to her being Kaede's "first princess" rather than someone Nanaki knows.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 8:09PM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

So many new developments in one chapter...

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Fiinnee i'll be the one to break the 666 comments.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

People need to chill a little bit. Go outside and get some fresh air.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

People talked a lot to no particular end, and there were no new developments for the two MCs. That's it.

I feel you. I was disappointed by the complete lack of development in their awareness of each other's feelings. For a moment, it even reminded me of We Can't Draw Love (ugh). I srsly hope this manga won't go that way.

Frankly, this looked to me like a step backwards.

Especially when they've already had much more intimate touches! Like handholding! With intertwined fingers! Several times! Right? (≧∇≦)

Why the sudden awkwardness, when up to now they seemed to be comfy with those moments of touchy-feeliness and deep emotion?

I gotta give it to you that the conclusion of the hug scene seems forced. By this point Kurokawa should be used to Fujishiro touching her every time she gets passionate, or scared, or whatevs.

We also have reason to suspect that Isumi has a crush on Fujishiro. But no development on that yet.

It's freaking obvious Izumi is crazy for Fujishiro. She never said anything coz Fujishiro is For Boys Only, or at least that's how it used to be: until very recently, Fujishiro was all about boys. Izumi couldn't possibly have realized that it has changed. She probably thinks the Fujishiro/Kurokawa thing is just a bond of friendship (and actually, as long as they stay at this stage, she's not that wrong).

Pfffff... Miki is such a marginal existence in the story, I couldn't care less.

Lolol, Miki, of all people. It says something when the best example they can come up with (to show there's been development in this chapter) is that a secondary character made a comment about a tertiary character.

In any case, if she admired Fujishiro, it's because Fujishiro was the queen bee of the school and had all the boy-drones at her feet. For her, that was the ideal role model. Straight as an arrow, our Miki.

Oh, I almost forgot: tertiary character and straight! Wee!

Hah, so you wanted something like this:

Or this:

These are the sort of hugs you wanted them to share, right? ͡( ° ͜ʖ ͡ –) ~✧

It will come... as long as the story doesn't turn into We Can't Draw Love.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Need more!!!

279d8674451d13234d06a7cba9e4f7e111
joined Jan 13, 2016

Fujishiro is suddenly a harem MC

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

My guess is Kurokawa. She looks like the type of childhood friend who is the only one that knows a rare side of one of the MC's and has been head over heels ever since she witnessed that side. Nanaki being her "angel" seems way too obvious and doesn't make that much sense since she was a bitch who used everybody at the beginning of the story.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Frankly, this looked to me like a step backwards.

I feel you. I was disappointed by the complete lack of development in their awareness of each other's feelings. For a moment, it even reminded me of We Can't Draw Love (ugh). I srsly hope this manga won't go that way.
Especially when they've already had much more intimate touches! Like handholding! With intertwined fingers! Several times! Right? (≧∇≦)

Why are you people pretending there is more skinship in this than there is? They held hands when Fujishiro dragged her around. That is not the same thing. This hug was definitely different from most of their usual interactions. Do you need intimacy stuffed in your face to get it? (well considering that you used Tadokoro-san as an example you probably do)

Why the sudden awkwardness, when up to now they seemed to be comfy with those moments of touchy-feeliness and deep emotion?

I gotta give it to you that the conclusion of the hug scene seems forced. By this point Kurokawa should be used to Fujishiro touching her every time she gets passionate, or scared, or whatevs.

It wasn't about being touched (she was fine with the hug itself at first) it was about how Fujishiro acted after holding it for so long.

Pfffff... Miki is such a marginal existence in the story, I couldn't care less.

Lolol, Miki, of all people. It says something when the best example they can come up with (to show there's been development in this chapter) is that a secondary character made a comment about a tertiary character.

It's pretty dishonest to call this my best example just to dismiss it. I gave several other examples that are "better", but hey, whatever suits your points best, right? Sad.

In any case, if she admired Fujishiro, it's because Fujishiro was the queen bee of the school and had all the boy-drones at her feet. For her, that was the ideal role model. Straight as an arrow, our Miki.

Oh, I almost forgot: tertiary character and straight! Wee!

Who cares? That has nothing to do with how relevant to the plot she is. Double sad.

Hah, so you wanted something like this:
(hug pics from a very different manga)
These are the sort of hugs you wanted them to share, right? ͡( ° ͜ʖ ͡ –) ~✧

It will come... as long as the story doesn't turn into We Can't Draw Love.

Tadokoro-san is a purposely exaggerated gag manga that is all about pay-off and zero plot. Obviously this story actually takes its evolution and intimacy more serious. The fact that this is your first point of comparison shows how little you get this story. lol

last edited at Mar 5, 2019 2:09AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Honestly, I can't understand why there's such a big deal made here out of one person who thought one chapter (of a series they like) wasn't as significant as the others. But somehow it's become a thing unto itself, and the folks involved should probably take a step back and re-focus since it's getting a bit silly.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

My guess is Kurokawa. She looks like the type of childhood friend who is the only one that knows a rare side of one of the MC's and has been head over heels ever since she witnessed that side.

It's been suggested that this mystery chick could be Mirei-chan, the girl in Kurokawa's kindergarten flashback - the one who played the princess in their class play, and left Kurokawa with the role of the horse. But I find it difficult to believe.

In the 1st place, big diff in styles. In the 2d place, "best friend for 7 years" is not how Kurokawa remembers her, and it seems unlikely Mirei would say "my angel" about someone she obviously did not like at the time.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Honestly, I can't understand why there's such a big deal made here out of one person who thought one chapter (of a series they like) wasn't as significant as the others. But somehow it's become a thing unto itself, and the folks involved should probably take a step back and re-focus since it's getting a bit silly.

"Silly" is the word... but I didn't want to say it myself, lol (as it would have been bad netiquette). Thank you, Nezchan, we can always count on you to dispense chill pills for angry people.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"Silly" is the word... but I didn't want to say it myself, lol (as it would have been bad netiquette). Thank you, Nezchan, we can always count on you to dispense chill pills for angry people.

The fisking and counter-fisking and counter-counter-fisking was getting a bit ridiculous.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Amen to that. Also, another telling clue: when someone gets to the point where they can only defend their stance about some manga by insulting another manga (one which is well-loved by 99,9% of the readers), it's time to tell them to can it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.