Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Tis' okay, maybe I have too much of an imagination XD

And I somewhat did, it's not the most appealing job ever but, I least I get to spend everyday doing nothing for 6 hrs (lol) ^ o ^

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

HUZZAH!

I have returned. Save the fanfare for another day. Some updates with me:

I have read some lesbian fiction (erotic and non-erotic). Here are some I recommend:

• Dating Sarah Cooper
  • The Final Rose
  • The Plus One (worth the price, super cheap)
  • The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell (it's pay what you want, why not?)
  • Snow Falls
  • Her Name in the Sky (not recommended for those who can't stand high levels of teenage angst and Christian bigotry)
  • Taking Flight
  • Slow Burn in Tuscany

Other news, I landed a role in an audio re-interpretation of a Smash Brothers fanfiction called Love Handles. I will divulge the details as they become more apparent. Just know I play Pit, Dark Pit, and Link.

My birthday is in exactly a month. Currently no plans, don't even really know what I'm going to get. So there's that.

I learned about the free toaster oven joke! While I am heterosexual, let it be clear I get what it means. If anyone here hasn't received one, it must mean you didn't try hard enough ;). Maybe next time.

I recently saw some senior quotes in my class's yearbook, some highlights:

• Bum for all and all for Bum- The Buttsketeers

• Soon, I'm going to meet somebody around my own age, and she's going to be smart and beautiful, and I'm going to date her daughter.- Bob Saget

• 2/10 would not recommend

• How do you stop a skunk from smelling? You throw it in the ocean.

• Glad I got best dressed after spending all those years in the closet.

It seems like our journalism staff really had no filter for some of these, especially the first two. The fourth quote was by yours truly.

Finally, I bring up a discussion topic. Did you go to homecoming/prom? If so, what are some notable moments? As for me, I did not go to either. In fact, I didn't even know there was a difference between the two until like a month ago. I think I might've gone to the homecoming game as a sophomore, but all I did was play 3DS with my two senior friends (specifically Pokemon Y) and got my ass kicked by Ashlee's amazing skills (she is a hell of a gamer, every game we ever play [anything multiplayer] she destroys me, even if it's the first time she's ever played it and I've owned it for like over a year).

last edited at Oct 12, 2016 11:23AM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

So reading all of this hentai and yuri over the past few months has inspired me to try my hand at writing A Thing. And I have questions. And this seems like a useful place to ask them.

1. What would be the Japanese equivalent of "babe" or "honey", i.e. a term of endearment that (say) a boyfriend would call their girlfriend? (Or is there such a thing? I dunno. I assume there is, but maybe I'm wrong and they all call each other givenname-san even during pillow talk.)

2. In a similar vein, what would be the most natural way of shortening the name "Chiyako" to an affectionate nickame? (Again, I assume there is such a thing, but there may not be.)

3. If I thought I recognized someone, I might ask them "Say, aren't you James Franco?" How would I phrase the name in Japanese? Would it be "Aren't you Franco James-san?"

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm not well versed in the way of nihongo but i'll give it a shot anyway

What would be the Japanese equivalent of "babe" or "honey", i.e. a term of endearment that (say) a boyfriend would call their girlfriend? (Or is there such a thing? I dunno. I assume there is, but maybe I'm wrong and they all call each other givenname-san even during pillow talk.)

Can't say i remember anything like it being used between boyfriend and girlfriend, unless it's one of those over the top girls who keeps calling the dude "daaarliiing" and stuff, but a married couple often has the wife calling the husband "anata"

In a similar vein, what would be the most natural way of shortening the name "Chiyako" to an affectionate nickame? (Again, I assume there is such a thing, but there may not be.)

Chiya-chan i guess?

If I thought I recognized someone, I might ask them "Say, aren't you James Franco?" How would I phrase the name in Japanese? Would it be "Aren't you Franco James-san?"

Only a very polite example comes to my head (as in yakuza polite) but i've seen "Anata wa moshikashite Franco James(-san) desu ka" which would translate to "Are you by any chance Franco James?"
Changing the Anata wa to Omae wa would make it a little more rude but the english translation would remain the same i guess, unless you wanna get a little creative in the localization

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Rina

And I somewhat did, it's not the most appealing job ever but, I least I get to spend everyday doing nothing for 6 hrs (lol)

hah, it's nice to hear you are doing ok.. keep up with the good work ;)

and since you mentioned something about my starring in a romance story... very soon I'll have to turn down an adorable shy guy and I feel really bad about it... and I've been thinking how to do it in the most delicate way... :(

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ You could always say that you're already in a relationship with someone ^ - ^

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 8:50AM

joined Oct 4, 2016

I'm not well versed in the way of nihongo but i'll give it a shot anyway

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

In a similar vein, what would be the most natural way of shortening the name "Chiyako" to an affectionate nickame? (Again, I assume there is such a thing, but there may not be.)

Chiya-chan i guess?

"Chi-chan" wouldn't work? Or "Ko-chan"?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Blackkitty

and since you mentioned something about my starring in a romance story... very soon I'll have to turn down an adorable shy guy and I feel really bad about it... and I've been thinking how to do it in the most delicate way... :(

"adorable" is really not a trait that could be easily found in a full-grown man. Hope you could come up with the nicest humanly possible way to turn him down.

So far, the number of guys I've found them adorable is still "one".

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 8:53AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I really need to stop visiting the conspiracy side of the internet by accident...all these talks about a potential WWIII is starting to make my head hurt...

With the way the year is progressing so far, it's not really that unexpected. I found it appropriate that there was an actual petition directed at the universe to skip 2016 entirely because everyone wanted off the wild ride.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kyonne posted:

Can't say i remember anything like it being used between boyfriend and girlfriend, unless it's one of those over the top girls who keeps calling the dude "daaarliiing" and stuff, but a married couple often has the wife calling the husband "anata"

Married couple would usually call themselves "husband" and "wife" (otto/tsuma) and indeed "anata" is japanese equivalent of darling that jps wifes usually use. Alternatively and it applies to couples too, they just use their first names without any honorifics, as it shows that they are really close, or some kind of nicknames.

Chiya-chan i guess?

Chi-chan would probably work better and be more cutesy. In this case honorific is ok as it works as sorta nickname.

Only a very polite example comes to my head (as in yakuza polite) but i've seen "Anata wa moshikashite Franco James(-san) desu ka" which would translate to "Are you by any chance Franco James?"
Changing the Anata wa to Omae wa would make it a little more rude but the english translation would remain the same i guess, unless you wanna get a little creative in the localization

Actually when jps speak directly to someone they drop "anata wa" etc. as it isn't necessary cos it is obvious who they talk to. So they would usually just approach someone and ask "Moshikashite, Franco James-san desu ka?" or simply "Franco James-san desu ka?" Depending on relation, they could add "excuse me" first (sumimasen). If they are closer, they could call them casually, only indicating question by voice "Franco James-san?" and yes, jps would use their order of surname, first name and then honorific so Franco James-san. Adding -san is ultra important, otherwise it will come as really rude, unless they are closer then they can drop honorific or use other they usually use like -kun or -chan.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

With the way the year is progressing so far, it's not really that unexpected. I found it appropriate that there was an actual petition directed at the universe to skip 2016 entirely because everyone wanted off the wild ride.

Not really helping to make things better lol XD That petition does sound interesting though...but yeah, I really hope that it's just some conspiracy theory in the end, and nothing is actually going to happen.

On a more positive note though, Carmilla S3 Act Final airs in 6 hrs ^ _ ^

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

I'm becoming less defined as days go by. Fading away...
Well, you might say I'm losing the focus. Kinda drifting in the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Sometimes I think I can see right through myself...

Less concerned about fitting into the world. You all know what that is. 'cause it doesn't really matter anymore. None of this really matters anymore...

Now I'm someone I am not supposed to be. And I can see things I know I really shouldn't see. And now I know why. Things aren't as pretty on the inside...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You ok Anon?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I'm becoming less defined as days go by. Fading away...
Well, you might say I'm losing the focus. Kinda drifting in the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Sometimes I think I can see right through myself...

Do you think you can fool me, you scoundrel.

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 3:26PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Hahahah! (◦’ںˉ◦)v
Now you think I've totally lost it, huh? ;)

I just had a lovely week... Don't know what else to say... ^^“

That post up there is part of the lyrics of my favorite song whenever I feel like I can't take it anymore. Usually shouting along to that song a few times helps me to ease my mind a little... ✌(◕‿-)✌

It's “Only” by Nine Inch Nails:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0HS5Tee6mk

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I thought it was probably some quote or something but wanted to make sure ;P

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@anon

You got me there, aha XD glad that you're having a nice week though, on the contrary here Im having a rather bad one as of today…

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Utoptia

Do you think you can fool me, you scoundrel.

I'm sorry!!! m(_ _)m

@ Nevri

I thought it was probably some quote or something but wanted to make sure ;P

Good guess ;)

@ Rina

You got me there, aha XD glad that you're having a nice week though,

Unfortunately it was the exact opposite. But I'm starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel... I hope at least.

on the contrary here Im having a rather bad one as of today…

What happened?

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

I thought you caught a cold or something...
I'm glad you are alive^^
… but as you say: bad weeds grow tall.. xD

On a not very positive note: for a person who loves snooker I suck so much at billard... just so embarrassing...

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 5:00PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

What happened?

Nothing particular to me, just bothered after reading some dumb stuff.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

But anyways, to bring some positivity back, anyone here enjoys customizing their phone screens? I used to dabble in trying to make some advanced stuff and layouts but now I just tend to settle for something simpler but still kinda unique in a way.

This is my screen currently ^ _ ^

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 8:23PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Cute ♥

joined Oct 4, 2016

What happened?

Nothing particular to me, just bothered after reading some dumb stuff.

This election cycle is like having a full moon 24/7. I am about to abandon Facebook until December.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Rina

^ You could always say that you're already in a relationship with someone ^ - ^

We've been to the same group in Uni so I can't, but thanks anyway :)

@Oliver

"adorable" is really not a trait that could be easily found in a full-grown man. Hope you could come up with the nicest humanly possible way to turn him down.

oh, I don't think he really is a "full-grown" ... he is just very innocent... oh,well, I'll just tell him I'm not interested in anything but being friends with him^^ I guess I'm just overthinking things...^^""
I hope as well :) because I'm not very good with that stuff!

So far, the number of guys I've found them adorable is still "one".

i know of 3 adorable guys, I find them because I don't look for them, I guess xD that's my luck

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 8:59PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@vanko

Not sure what a full moon has to do with anything, but I am more bothered about the fear mongering I am reading, as well as fearing for my gf 's safety if it actually is real.

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 9:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.