Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Blackkitty A dream job? Anyway, good luck, I'll be rooting for you the whole day!

Looks like you beat me up to me editing the previous post :P

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 1:56PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Nevri
imo, Galich should set her standard based on how high her friends could reach. It's not just so she could have any friends, but it's the right thing for her to do for her friends too, which is what that is called "friendship". Also, idk, but as I could see, most of her guy friends don't seem to be able to reach any other standard at all. Therefore, she might lose a bunch of her friends not just one of them or two if she refuses lowering her standard, or helping increase those friends'.

Friend > Acquaintance > Stranger, right? Isn't being considered as an acquaintance better than being considered as a stranger? You didn't get anything more after you and your friend became like strangers to each other, right? Though you lost this, "you can have good time from time to time with that friend of yours" totally. Personally, I would prefer that "not being able to go any deeper" connection than "no" connection at all.

@Galich
I also don't think I could give any farther advice on your friendship since I don't know your friends IRL (who know, I might even fall for them if we ever met. :D ). You have a right to make whatever decision you want!

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich
I also don't think I could give any farther advice on your friendship since I don't know your friends IRL (who know, I might even fall for them if we ever met. :D ). You have a right to make whatever decision you want!

@oliver Don't worry, you've helped! Trust me, I really do take into accounting all of the opinions I read here, since all of it is a good peace of advice. It amazes me how many people take the time out of their day to give me their opinions to try and help with my issues. Really shows how friendly this thread is!

Always makes me wish I'd be able to meet the people from this thread. It's an interesting thought how many of us come from different countries, have different experiences etc.

Anyway, thank you very much for all of the tips and the tolerance shown! It really does mean a world to me.

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 2:31PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Np! ^ o ^ Though Im not sure if I gave much helpful advice...

Anyways, here's a rather calming ost track for everyone~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTe_ctZ0S94

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

oliver posted:

Friend > Acquaintance > Stranger, right?

From the way I see it used in english, our acquaintance is closer in meaning to friend, and our friend means more like "true friend". Like, usually when you use word friend in english, we would use word acquaintance instead. Basically when we say "friend" it means more compare to its english counterpart. Acquaintance would be more like classmate or co-worked. It might be just me, but that was the impression I got reading stuff in english.

Though you lost this, "you can have good time from time to time with that friend of yours" totally.

I would anyway, because I was going through tough period in my life and none of them had enough patience to deal with it and I wasn't able to just forgot about it and focus only on having fun. I wasn't able to give them what they wanted from me (pure fun) and they weren't able to give me what I wanted from them (emotional support) so in the end it all went down crashing. I get your point though, but even ignoring this specific circumstances, I don't agree with you completely.

Galich posted:

Also, the Polish word you were reffering to is kolega/koleżanka, right?

I actually was thinking of:
znajomy/znajoma=friend
przyjaciel/przyjaciółka=close friend

Since when you talk about people you know, but are not necessary close with you use "znajomi", like from school etc. but when you talk about people you regularly hang out or keep contact with you would rather say "przyjaciele". I totally forgot about word koledzy to be honest, but all it would do is only add next layer to it as it is lower than przyjaciele and only make the gap between english friend and our friend even more apparent. But in my case specifically we were acquaintance. Not even koleżanki.

You edited your post as I was going to respond xD. Got too shy asking where I live ;P? Well I do live north-est and west-est you can get, but I wouldn't really call it a city of progress cos nothing ever happens hear and even though we are one of the biggest city it seems like rest of country actively try to ignore us xD. Seriously from what I remember even during world cup we were the only major city that didn't get brand new highway to connect us with cites where matches were supposed to take places. Anyway, I wouldn't say my worldview is the effect of me living at the northwest because as far as I can tell it doesn't really differ that much, as in, it seem people are just uneducated and ignorant of lgbt issues here as everywhere else. If they are it seem more depended on person. Then again I barely have experience from visiting other cities and in general never had too much contact with people and since several years I'm pretty much completely cut from news etc. so I don't know how our current politic looks about those issue. I just was always acceptant of those kind of stuff and didn't make too big deal of it.

But I'm getting too sentimental here, so I'll just say this: I feel fuzzy when I read the word "sis" in your posts :)

Just don't start crying młoda ;P

Galich posted:

Anyway, thank you very much for all of the tips and the tolerance shown! It really does mean a world to me.

You are welcome ♥

Speaking of contact maybe you are interested in talking from time to time on skype or something?

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

oliver posted:

Friend > Acquaintance > Stranger, right?

From the way I see it used in english, our acquaintance is closer in meaning to friend, and our friend means more like "true friend". Like, usually when you use word friend in english, we would use word acquaintance instead. Basically when we say "friend" it means more compare to its english counterpart. Acquaintance would be more like classmate or co-worked. It might be just me, but that was the impression I got reading stuff in english.

Though you lost this, "you can have good time from time to time with that friend of yours" totally.

I would anyway, because I was going through tough period in my life and none of them had enough patience to deal with it and I wasn't able to just forgot about it and focus only on having fun. I wasn't able to give them what they wanted from me (pure fun) and they weren't able to give me what I wanted from them (emotional support) so in the end it all went down crashing. I get your point though, but even ignoring this specific circumstances, I don't agree with you completely.

Galich posted:

Also, the Polish word you were reffering to is kolega/koleżanka, right?

I actually was thinking of:
znajomy/znajoma=friend
przyjaciel/przyjaciółka=close friend

Ah, I see. Completly forgot about that word. Well, kolega was the first thing to pop out of a dictoniary when I was trying to make sure. We all have our minds stop working at times :P

Since when you talk about people you know, but are not necessary close with you use "znajomi", like from school etc. but when you talk about people you regularly hang out or keep contact with you would rather say "przyjaciele". I totally forgot about word koledzy to be honest, but all it would do is only add next layer to it as it is lower than przyjaciele and only make the gap between english friend and our friend even more apparent. But in my case specifically we were acquaintance. Not even koleżanki.

Well, I am guilty as a sin when it comes to our terminology. I abuse the terms znajomy/znajoma way too much, using them even when reffering to my best of words.

You edited your post as I was going to respond xD. Got too shy asking where I live ;P? Well I do live north-est and west-est you can get, but I wouldn't really call it a city of progress cos nothing ever happens hear and even though we are one of the biggest city it seems like rest of country actively try to ignore us xD. Seriously from what I remember even during world cup we were the only major city that didn't get brand new highway to connect us with cites where matches were supposed to take places. Anyway, I wouldn't say my worldview is the effect of me living at the northwest because as far as I can tell it doesn't really differ that much, as in, it seem people are just uneducated and ignorant of lgbt issues here as everywhere else. If they are it seem more depended on person. Then again I barely have experience from visiting other cities and in general never had too much contact with people and since several years I'm pretty much completely cut from news etc. so I don't know how our current politic looks about those issue. I just was always acceptant of those kind of stuff and didn't make too big deal of it.

And I failed to be sneaky :P Well, kind of got a bit shy, plus I can see how some wouldn't be okay with sharing their city. Well, it's pretty much an open secret at this point that I live in the old capital with its glorious smok and smog.

We do have plenty of LGBT themed clubs tho., yet to visit any one of them tho.

Well, I do tend to stick around the eastern Poland, so I'm kind of used to the less than progressive minds around here. Then again, I never really visited any cities in the north, let alone the west.

But I'm getting too sentimental here, so I'll just say this: I feel fuzzy when I read the word "sis" in your posts :)

Just don't start crying młoda ;P

Now you really reminded me of my uni friend, although she uses "pszczółka" instead. I still find it to be ridiculously cute tho :3

Lots of makaronizmy :P

You are welcome ♥

Speaking of contact maybe you are interested in talking from time to time on skype or something?

Sure! Skype sounds neat! On a side note, I jsut realized I use old information on it, need to change it soon.

This message used to contain my Skype name, but no longer. 'Tis a strange coincidance.

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 3:51PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Galich posted:

Well, I am guilty as a sin when it comes to our terminology. I abuse the terms znajomy/znajoma way too much, using them even when reffering to my best of words.

I do it too. I guess it is because "znajomi" is much more casual and sounds less serious, so our subconscious or something prefer to use it. Or maybe word "przyjaciele" feels too embarrassing. I'm honestly not sure what the reason is.

We do have plenty of LGBT themed clubs tho., yet to visit any one of them tho.

I never saw one. Then again I never really looked for any.

Lots of makaronizmy :P

haha xD

I was going to suggest exchanging info using dynasty irc chat ;P

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@LittleSis-lich

Trying my best sis :( If I were able to fully control things, I'd make so it wouldn't bother me at all, or better yet, wake up feeling 100% okay with my assigned gender.

I know for a fact that none of them are doing it for bad reasons.. I mean, I can imagine that shifting their mindset after knowing me for so long has to be a huge shock.

On a more positive tone, things do get better, I've already managed to get some work of them, and looks like with the most cases my work will pay off.

You know better your friends, I guess... I can just keep my fingers crossed in hope that everything goes well for you and them.. whatever happens, I'm with you :)

Plus, it's always nice to come here and be fully recognitioned as something I feel as. I do specifically remember your post when I came out here.. it one of those that gave me the courage > to keep on pushing, and I don't plan on slowing that. Words cannot describe how much the reception here has helped me cope up with all of this crazyness.

So now I have one more reason to call you "sis" ;) ... the "sentimentality&blushing" gene obviously runs in the family... because reading through your post I got the warm feeling in my stomach... hugs you ...

what to say......I just want you to be happy with who you are - a lovely one! :) so I give you my full support for your journey! :)

A dream job? Anyway, good luck, I'll be rooting for you the whole day!
Looks like you beat me up to me editing the previous post :P

Thank you! Far from being a "dream" job, but it's a job and I need it if I want to save money for my future travels ;) so thank you, sis! I very much appreciate it!

A very dependable friend of mine recommended me to his boss actually... but there is something funny... since we've been talking about friendships here, I remembered how my friend and I get to know each other - we happened to fall badly for the same girl when we were first year students in Uni xD

Sure! Skype sounds neat! On a side note, I jsut realized I use old information on it, need to change it soon.

hahah, my skype account is so old and embarrassing xD not surprisingly it contains "cat"in it xD

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 4:44PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Well I do live north-est and west-est you can get, but I wouldn't really call it a city of progress cos nothing ever happens hear and even though we are one of the biggest city it seems like rest of country actively try to ignore us xD. Seriously from what I remember even during world cup we were the only major city that didn't get brand new highway to connect us with cites where matches were supposed to take places.

Would that happen to be Szczecin? Swinoujscie is north-er and west-er but it is no where the size of Szczecin.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So here's a random qn, what's everyone's all-time anime crush? As in, a character that holds a special place in your heart somehow or another.

Mine would be Sakura Kaede from Kampfer ^ _ ^ like I just really love how she doesn't hide that fact that she is only into girls; having her own yuri harem and openly stating that she only likes the female version of Natsuru unlike the other girls. Plus, her character song is the best one in the entire album.

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 8:56PM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

^ Wouldn't really call it a crush but Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell is probably the female anime character that I adore the most.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Happy Birthday CCL??? (`・ω・´)

Never >_>

on a side note, at some point during the year, fam got me lord of the rings ring for birthday D:

so cool D:

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! ^ - ^

And it seems like only Anon saw my question lol :p Max lvl ninja achieved.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

So here's a random qn, what's everyone's all-time anime crush? As in, a character that holds a special place in your heart somehow or another.

Not really an anime character but Lucina from fire emblem awakening she's beautiful,funny,nice,and has a heart of gold what wouldn't I give to spoon with her (but if its only anime revy from black lagoon obligatory please step on me)

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 11:53PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Any medium is fine ^ - ^ I just used anime as a general baseline lol.

Sidenote, Ash vs Evil Dead just started it’s S2…feels only a while ago when S1 aired.

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 5:46AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I got the job^^ some night shifts ahead.. I'm curious to see how that will turn out xD

@Choco

Never >_>

on a side note, at some point during the year, fam got me lord of the rings ring for birthday D:

Happy Birthday, Choco! ^_^ (whenever that is)
May your life be as sweet as your name! ;)

@Rina
I can't answer to your random question - it's strange, but I don't have crushes when it comes to anime, or any other media. >_>

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Gz Blackkitty! ^ o ^ who knows, maybe you'll end up finding yourself starring in your own supernatural romance story :>

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 7:56PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

@Choco

Never >_>

Happy Birthday, Choco! ^_^ (whenever that is)
May your life be as sweet as your name! ;)

Life not, but the rocky road sunday was waaaayyyy more D:

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I wonder why people go to the cinema and when the lights are off and the movie begins they decide that a fish face selfie must be taken....

Anyway, the movie I watched was "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" and here is a song from it ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsWDUvuF0Xc

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Sidenote, Ash vs Evil Dead just started it’s S2…feels only a while ago when S1 aired.

I really need to watch that the evil dead trilogy is one of my favorite franchises

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ You should, it's really good :D

In other random news, production of the Note 7 just got permanently cancelled; looks like they couldn't fix the exploding issues.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

In other random news, production of the Note 7 just got permanently cancelled; looks like they couldn't fix the exploding issues.

there goes my plan to strap a bunch of them together to make a jet pack

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Anyone knows a good place to host a manga? I used Imgur but it seems you no longer have the option to make an album with a "click right to go to next image" feature like Dynasty, now you can only make a list of images going to the bottom, which is fine by me but Imgur in particular reduces the images quite a bit and i don't want anyone having to zoom one by one

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Choco

Life not, but the rocky road sunday was waaaayyyy more D:

Why? What happened?

@Rina

^ Gz Blackkitty! ^ o ^ who knows, maybe you'll end up finding yourself starring in your own supernatural romance story :>

Who knows... but I doubt that I have that much imagination xD I'm usually on the more realistic side^^""

So, did you get used to the job? It's already been about a month? :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.