joined Sep 8, 2016

To eat parfait together is also yuri, in the nozoeli sense anyway

last edited at Apr 18, 2024 8:50PM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Gap moe, gap moe, gap moe~

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

The extent people will apply gender to completely unrelated things always astounds me.

Cute premise tho. I wonder, when they kiss, will it taste sweet or savoury?

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

^ depends on whose tongue's perspective you are considering :v

Esha%20icon
joined Mar 31, 2018

It may not quite be yuri, but it sure is gay as hell.

Also, 500g of steak and a strawberry parfait the size of someone's head? Where do I go to find this place?

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

This is adorable. And a really fun premise.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Class rep big meat eater

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

I think with all the dishes they ordered, they spent quite a bit of money. Only the daughter of a yakuza leader and heir to a large corporation has the money to order that kind of food
By the way, has this series ever been on the cover of Kirara magazine?

joined Mar 27, 2015

What a banger start

joined Sep 25, 2022

Is this... Is this sugar dysphoria?

Edit: FOOD DYSPHORIA

last edited at Apr 19, 2024 9:55AM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

This shit funny as life

joined Feb 24, 2023

Now this is a great start for a story, hoping for many hijinks to come

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

And that was how I met your mother...

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I shouldn't read this while hungry...

Thanks for the translation! The cleaning, editing and redraws also look top notch!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yes, please do take responsibility. :D

tsukemonogatari
E7970c69-edd3-4544-8de9-6a20ca0f7573
joined Aug 29, 2020

Stupid. She’s tough so she’s not a girl but she loves sweets so she actually is a girl. This is the logic of the deranged and neurotic. I love food and cooking as much as anyone but personally I’ve had enough dessert. When the manga girls are eating headcheese and offal, I’ll be interested. Conservative censorship, otaku fordism, and gacha mindsets have created a vacuum of creative intrigue. The artists with an appreciation for the eroticism of liberated young women railing lines and having affairs no longer find an outlet in manga. We desperately need our delinquents back. 90% of new releases are the fantasy of people who both fear and shun the DoorDash courier and all the world they cannot see from their gaming chair. And oh, she’s a violent gang leader who secretly eats pastries all day and mostly just accosts street artists minding their own business? She’s a cop

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Stupid. She’s tough so she’s not a girl but she loves sweets so she actually is a girl.

The main issue issue is that a parent would forbid their children from eating sweets. You can be tough and still be having some ice cream from time to time, no matter the gender.

Of course, if Kanna's parents had any sense they wouldn't be in yakuza in the first place.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, this may be subtext for now, but those interlaced fingers and the loving way the heiress girl's curves are depicted say to me it ain't gonna stay that way.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Seeing someone eat that much sugar gives me anxiety. Like my trainer is going to jump out and attack me with a stationary bike! x_x

joined Jan 14, 2020

it's okay, the class pres can take care of her diabetic mob boss wife

joined Dec 19, 2023

That's so gay

joined Jul 31, 2022

Well, this may be subtext for now, but those interlaced fingers and the loving way the heiress girl's curves are depicted say to me it ain't gonna stay that way.

Truth. Hopefully, we can move past the subtext barrier because my little himedanshi heart was burning with this one!

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

tsukemonogatari posted:

And oh, she’s a violent gang leader who secretly eats pastries all day and mostly just accosts street artists minding their own business? She’s a cop

This is the real issue

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Stupid. She’s tough so she’s not a girl but she loves sweets so she actually is a girl. This is the logic of the deranged and neurotic. I love food and cooking as much as anyone but personally I’ve had enough dessert. When the manga girls are eating headcheese and offal, I’ll be interested. Conservative censorship, otaku fordism, and gacha mindsets have created a vacuum of creative intrigue. The artists with an appreciation for the eroticism of liberated young women railing lines and having affairs no longer find an outlet in manga. We desperately need our delinquents back. 90% of new releases are the fantasy of people who both fear and shun the DoorDash courier and all the world they cannot see from their gaming chair. And oh, she’s a violent gang leader who secretly eats pastries all day and mostly just accosts street artists minding their own business? She’s a cop.

it's just a romcom pal chill

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

It's always interesting the ways the gender stereotypes never quite carry across cultures properly.

The association between sweets and femininity certainly exists in the west, but in Japan, my understanding is that masculine people are expected to actively dislike sweets. In the west, a hypermasculine person being fond of sweets would be seen as quirky, maybe eccentric, but not contradictory. Of course the west has it's own arbitrary gender norms so glass houses and all that

To reply you must either login or sign up.