Forum › Posts by KingHamsa

KingHamsa
joined Jul 31, 2022

Well, this may be subtext for now, but those interlaced fingers and the loving way the heiress girl's curves are depicted say to me it ain't gonna stay that way.

Truth. Hopefully, we can move past the subtext barrier because my little himedanshi heart was burning with this one!

joined Jul 31, 2022

Wakaba not realizing that Komaki is just into her and really jealous/immature sure is a dynamic lol. I'm not sure who's the less mature one between the two of them at this point

Insert el dorado gif haha

BOTH

Anyway, Komaki is fucking wild. This psuedo dubious-con stuff really isn't my jam but I just can't look away. They are both in love and Komaki is just vindictive and Wakaba is the densest material on earth. Incredible.

joined Jul 31, 2022

Why do so many lesbians go to mixers for straight people? It's almost it's own sub-genre at this point.

They said they were short and just grabbed an underclassman. She probably couldn't refuse or felt obligated to go.

joined Jul 31, 2022

I like this dynamic, but it needs more than just the dynamic

Agreed, though I wonder if there will be a continuation. If there is more, I hope its a more that just teasing.

joined Jul 31, 2022

Pandacorya with another absolute banger!

joined Jul 31, 2022

So basically we'll get a Stockholm syndrome love over a love that feels way more natural. Why is sensei not saying anything at all? Did she just dash for the door while we weren't looking? Imo quality just completely tanked here.

joined Jul 31, 2022

Aww, missing one thing that would have made this an 11/10 manga.

Where's the Kronii x Kronii rizz?

She kisses the picture she drew of herself, which is pretty close imo

Pretty based of her too

That was Moom. I was expecting Kronii x Kronii but this was perfect nontheless

joined Jul 31, 2022

Lol I've NEVER screamed out loud in anger over a manga before today...

KingHamsa
joined Jul 31, 2022

Was a delight to read. Completely satisfied! Nice headcanon I am building with the co-worker!

joined Jul 31, 2022

That was nice. I really liked this story.

And screw anyone who was upset they didn't get together. One is an ADUKT and the other is a CHILD.

A child that is undergoing pretty significant psychological distress and in desperate need of an adult in her life that loves and accepts her.

Honestly, to anyone HOPING to see that shit, cry more.

Uh, I am pretty sure it's realistic to want to see them get together or at least struggle with a mutual attraction in a manga with the tags "yuri" and "age gap". IMO the MC sucked but she did help Kazuha when she needed. It was an ok story made worse by it becoming complete yuribait. The tags need to be changed.

yeah i realy start to hate the whole Yuribait crap, how “yuri” for some reason on SOME authors! they think is about any type of relationship between Women/girls! LIKE BROTHER! no one wanna see Friendship when you throw Yuri tags AND age gap! were THAT is used TO MEAN an age gap in an Romantic/Sexual Relationship!

...That's what Yuri means though? Unlike over here, the definition of Yuri is simply much more broad in Japan, including any kind of strong relationship between girls/women, romantic, platonic or otherwise.
You can't fault authors for using a genre tag for their work as intended in the industry/region they operate in (and similarly ppl over here wo apply the same tags to works based on what the author uses, before it's finished). I understand being disappointed and all but honestly, this sounds like a you problem with how you manage your expectations regarding the genre.

Nothing in this manga was super bait-y in regards to a possible romantic relationship between the two leads, imho. There have been far more egregious examples of that in the past.

I mean that's a valid argument. "Intense Friendships" is a subsection in yuri (quite rare on this site). I prefer my yuri to be love. But I guess if I want to bring up tags, I guess there's no romance tag on this series. Hm I need to see how many yuri on here have the romance tag tied to it.

joined Jul 31, 2022

That was nice. I really liked this story.

And screw anyone who was upset they didn't get together. One is an ADUKT and the other is a CHILD.

A child that is undergoing pretty significant psychological distress and in desperate need of an adult in her life that loves and accepts her.

Honestly, to anyone HOPING to see that shit, cry more.

Uh, I am pretty sure it's realistic to want to see them get together or at least struggle with a mutual attraction in a manga with the tags "yuri" and "age gap". IMO the MC sucked but she did help Kazuha when she needed. It was an ok story made worse by it becoming complete yuribait. The tags need to be changed.

KingHamsa
joined Jul 31, 2022

I have thoughts! They're all over the place though:

I know this is a bittersweet situation for them all but Koto is really dropping the ball on some things here. I know it's Aya's own insecurities and not wanting to be a burden that's forcing her to get a job. But Koto needs to do a little better herself. How have they not talk about how they refer to each other? I honestly see a split up happening whether temporary or not. This new girl who showed up. I wonder if she's really there just to give Aya a job?

KingHamsa
joined Jul 31, 2022

Why do so many manga have the "Let's have some fun and play with..." character that drags everything to hell.

The plot device with no substance. To me, it seems like a character you don't have to think about much as an author. They're just chaos and a way to push the characters along.

joined Jul 31, 2022

Honestly, I hope this girls' night shows her that it's not worth it, and she leaves and starts spending more time with the big sister, she already seems better than the other two, at least until now.

The big sister is the epicenter and engine of all this. Seems like she's the worst one. She showed some of her manipulative behavior a couple chapters ago and she's the one messing with her sister and this short haired girl, both of which seems to be coping with her behavior. Kawako is clearly crushing on our MC and seems the most worried for her but just acts tired and defeated by everything.

Right?! Why would she leave a problematic situation to go into a cataclysmic situation? Kawase seems to be beaten down by her sister. Possibly used to her sister taking everything and becoming the loser.

joined Jul 31, 2022

Some say Milady is still running to this day!

Cute story. Kirika def has warped ideas in her brain but she's 15, she'll learn! I wish this was like a 5 chapter mini series!

KingHamsa
joined Jul 31, 2022

I love age gap stories but I think such a huge age gap like this ultimately hurt the story. It was still a pretty good cosplay manga though. Hope to see more from this artist. Maybe one with more spice and

joined Jul 31, 2022

"I'm writing a story about time travel, what should I name the female character from the future? Hmm, "Future" has a nice ring to it" - approximately every mangaka who has ever written about time travel

And Kako means past.

and Nozomi is "Hope".
The hope between past and future. On the nose much? lol

KingHamsa
joined Jul 31, 2022

She feels pretty one note and maybe that is the point: her will to live is constantly influenced by Aya and the story is telling us about how unhealthy her fixation on Aya is...but yeah hope we see more from her soon.

I think this is exactly the what the conflict at the end is hinting at when Aya asks Koto about her life. I think Koto was traumatized after Aya disappeared. I think it was all Aya 24/7 in that dome of hers. I feel this has massive drama bombs that will hurt reallllll bad to see!

joined Jul 31, 2022

the new antagonist is a very good character, the way she changes the dynamic between the mc's is great storytelling, even for a series of short chapetrs. Looking forward for more, Bashira is showing to be a great storyteller

I kinda agree but if she doesn't return, she's just a lazy plot device to push them together. But I think she'll come back. We need to hear her motives from her mouth.

joined Jul 31, 2022

I feel like my issue with this series is mainly that when we got Hiroko's POV it was just her freaking out over her gay panic. We could hypothesize that there was something that happened in her past but we didn't get a single hint. All the insight we got was her denial, excuses, and her friends at the bar trashing her for being a lady killer and liar. There was literally nothing there for us to sympathize with. I think that's on the story writer. I feel that dropping her exposition in just one huge chunk is offputting. I personally would have liked a little bit here and a little bit there. It's still been an interesting ride and the side characters are great. IMO Hiroko's character was fumbled.

last edited at Jun 20, 2023 4:52PM

joined Jul 31, 2022

And we haven't even mentioned just how bloody expensive the cost of living is in Japan

Southern California is much worse, so like, idk.

I currently live in Japan and am from So Cal. You are so right. Honestly, the cost of living in Japan is not bad really. Tokyo apartments can be expensive but for two full-time employees, it's easy peasy. Japan is just still fighting its homophobic and misogynistic mindsets. Women and same-sex couples get treated like garbage

joined Jul 31, 2022

"The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All" vibes and I am loving it!

KingHamsa
JC Yuri discussion 13 May 19:30
joined Jul 31, 2022

Same energy:

LMAO I was thinking of this exact thing the whole time. This is "Jk...unless???" the manga. So good

KingHamsa
joined Jul 31, 2022
Rhabarberei-1654084873345269761-img1

IDK bottom Tifa is incredibly sexy!

joined Jul 31, 2022

We need an idiot couple tag...These are two adorable idiots.