Forum › How I Lose Bets With My Sadistic Gifted Childhood Friend and She Steals All of My Firsts discussion

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Is Wakaba incredibly stupid? She needs to strategize here. Get creative, girl!

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Well, I'm about to come in hot with a shameless self-plug, but for those interested in following the translation of the web novel, I'm currently trying to pump some chapters out on: https://amawashigroup.wordpress.com/

I'm also (very) slowly catching up on ShuuKura (another yuri web novel that a few people have mentioned here already) as well.

Do note that both of those series are currently also being translated by someone else, and they are way, way ahead of me. But they likely use MTL translations with some edits here and there just to get chapters out faster (please note that as a result, a lot of nuance gets missed and some parts can be incorrect as well). The website they host those chapters on also has a paid "coin" system to read the most recent chapters as soon as they come out as well.

I won't name-drop their group here (primarily because I am against their "coin" system), but you can find them by visiting the NovelUpdates page for this series here: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-story-about-losing-all-my-first-experiences-after-suffering-defeat-at-the-hands-of-my-twisted-genius-of-a-childhood-friend/

I 100% understand and respect those who want to read ahead. I am very far behind, so I think it's super reasonable (and it's exactly what I would do as a reader, lol). The MTL is still readable! At the end of the day, the only thing I wish for is for more people to get into this series, as well as ShuuKura (which will probably see an increase in readership very soon).

As someone with extremely poor self control, I thank you greatly. I was hoping someone would share a link to read the novel. I've read multiple novels from kind souls that have shared links on Dynasty.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

is this hetshit or not, can anyone confirm or deny it? did nobody read the wn?

I've seen at least 2 people ask this now. What about this series makes you worry about that? I'm genuinely curious. Just focusing on these 2 chapters, it seems they're both into each other, one struggling through some denial (like normal).

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 4:30PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The only thing we've seen that even hints at there being any het is a single scene of the main character seeing Komaki talking to a guy and that scene includes a closeup of Komaki's face where she doesn't look particularly thrilled to be there. We have no idea of what was said, what happened next, who that guy was, or what their relationship is.

The implication is that Wakaba interpreted that scene as a confession and that Komaki accepted (or she was the one confessing and the guy accepted, but at the same time we're talking about Komaki—The girl who went out of her way to passionately french Wakaba and who wants to see her strip. Something tells me Wakaba's interpretation of that scene isn't 100% correct and/or the implication that scene is presenting is intentionally misleading. Either way, I think the main take is supposed to be "Wakaba got jealous at the idea of Komaki going out with someone else, even if she doesn't consciously realize that's what happened," not "one or more of these girls is straight and definitely not jonesing for a pack of skittles."

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 4:53PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

The only thing we've seen that even hints at there being any het is a single scene of the main character seeing Komaki talking to a guy and that scene includes a closeup of Komaki's face where she doesn't look particularly thrilled to be there. We have no idea of what was said, what happened next, who that guy was, or what their relationship is.

The implication is that Wakaba interpreted that scene as a confession and that Komaki accepted (or she was the one confessing and the guy accepted, but at the same time we're talking about Komaki—The girl who went out of her way to passionately french Wakaba and who wants to see her strip. Something tells me Wakaba's interpretation of that scene isn't 100% correct and/or the implication that scene is presenting is intentionally misleading. Either way, I think the main take is supposed to be "Wakaba got jealous at the idea of Komaki going out with someone else, even if she doesn't consciously realize that's what happened," not "one or more of these girls is straight and definitely not jonesing for a pack of skittles."

Yeah that's what I mean. Out of the two of them, Komaki is definitely crushing on Wakaba, so that scene never registered as anything but misleading. That's why I was confused by the worry. Thanks for the write up though, I'd actually forgotten about that panel. Also, I'd say Komaki's face was more sinister, rather than uncomfortable and considering the framing, she might have been glancing at Wakaba, there.

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 5:25PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Whats her goal here? Make her do embarrassing things until she develops Stockholm syndrome?

I kinda want mc to punch her

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 6:00PM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Wakaba got a breast size buff in the manga, in the LN she's flatter than a cutting board. And it seems like volume 2 is not the last volume of LN

Whats her goal here? Make her do embarrassing things until she develops Stockholm syndrome?

Komari want Wakaba to never forget her, even if she has to turn into the person Wakaba hates the most

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 9:05PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I've seen at least 2 people ask this now. What about this series makes you worry about that? I'm genuinely curious. Just focusing on these 2 chapters, it seems they're both into each other, one struggling through some denial (like normal).

The whole boyfriend thing? If Komaki shared all her firsts with Wakaba, too, while "stealing" hers. Why even hetbaiting like this? What is even the fucking point. It only makes me drop this.

I genuinely don't see how this is "hetbaiting". It's lesbian series focused on two girls, that had some random unnamed dude show up for basically 1 second (2 pages). Plus the author intentionally hid his face because he's unimportant.

joined Sep 27, 2017

The whole boyfriend thing? If Komaki shared all her firsts with Wakaba, too, while "stealing" hers. Why even hetbaiting like this? What is even the fucking point. It only makes me drop this.

I genuinely don't see how this is "hetbaiting". It's lesbian series focused on two girls, that had some random unnamed dude show up for basically 1 second (2 pages). Plus the author intentionally hid his face because he's unimportant.

The point is that she either had her first kiss with him or worse, sex or shit, just to make Wakaba jealous or something like that? 100% the trope. I just dislike this stuff in yuri, and it honestly has no place in it. If you like this kind of stuff you should delete your account on this site and fuck off right back to BL, you fujotrash.

You're making a lot of assumptions about the extent of the relationship she had with the guy. You're also making a lot of assumptions about my views, while going for personal attacks and name calling. So you're only proving my point that you're currently making a big deal out of nothing.

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 11:29PM

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

I just dislike this stuff in yuri, and it honestly has no place in it. If you like this kind of stuff you should delete your account on this site and fuck off right back to BL, you fujotrash.

"I don't like this one thing, so that means that nobody else can enjoy it!!"

yipee, you don't like toxic yuri. if you cry hard enough, you'll bring california out of their drought. maybe then someone will give you the positive attention you so desperately crave.

edit: ah, i forgot - the guy you're freaking out about has shown up for a singular panel, three at most. i really, really don't think he's important.

Anyways, Wakaba seemed pretty confident that she could win this one. Also, is it just me or did Umezono seem particularly interested in her boobs?

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 11:32PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Anyways, Wakaba seemed pretty confident that she could win this one. Also, is it just me or did Umezono seem particularly interested in her boobs?

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter centers the victory around breast play, potentially fondling and / or sucking as two options. I'll throw in nipple teasing as another.

joined Sep 27, 2017

The point is that she either had her first kiss with him or worse, sex or shit, just to make Wakaba jealous or something like that? 100% the trope. I just dislike this stuff in yuri, and it honestly has no place in it. If you like this kind of stuff you should delete your account on this site and fuck off right back to BL, you fujotrash.

You're making a lot of assumptions about the extent of the relationship she had with the guy. You're also making a lot of assumptions about my views, while going for personal attacks and name calling. So you're only proving my point that you're making currently making a big deal out of nothing.

Chapter one says she had a boyfriend. That alone is drop-worthy. If you continue reading this shit, you are no better than people liking it, like that [removed] above the other [removed]*

We don't know all of the information and full extent of relationships, feelings, and so fourth. Also resulting to homophobic slurs with your name calling only presents you as being a very hateful person.

last edited at Mar 8, 2024 1:20AM by MrEngenious

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter centers the victory around breast play, potentially fondling and / or sucking as two options. I'll throw in nipple teasing as another.

Don't you feel like sucking/teasing might be too big of a jump? They just kissed.

. . . . though I guess that immediately became making out and then watching her get changed, so perhaps it's not. Hmmm.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Don't you feel like sucking/teasing might be too big of a jump? They just kissed.

. . . . though I guess that immediately became making out and then watching her get changed, so perhaps it's not. Hmmm.

Yeah it might be a jump, but I think the main thing is that we don't know the limits or speed of which the victory/loss dynamic will progress at present, so we'll have to see what happens next.

joined Sep 10, 2022

You're making a lot of assumptions about the extent of the relationship she had with the guy. You're also making a lot of assumptions about my views, while going for personal attacks and name calling. So you're only proving my point that you're making currently making a big deal out of nothing.

Chapter one says she had a boyfriend. That alone is drop-worthy. If you continue reading this shit, you are no better than people liking it, like that [removed] above the other [removed]*

We don't know all of the information and full extent of relationships, feelings, and so fourth. Also resulting to homophobic slurs with your name calling only presents you as being a very hateful person.

Are there no rules about that stuff? This person is unbelievable. I sometimes wonder how people like this make to these spaces in the first place.

last edited at Mar 8, 2024 1:21AM by MrEngenious

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Wakaba got a breast size buff in the manga, in the LN she's flatter than a cutting board. And it seems like volume 2 is not the last volume of LN

Komari want Wakaba to never forget her, even if she has to turn into the person Wakaba hates the most

Huh? So mc avoids her for a bit and she decides to go full psuedo bully to fix it?

She really isn't perfect huh

joined Jul 4, 2018

some underlying effects tells me there's a reason komari picked a love song to sing perfectly. but idk if that shot'll hit

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Yeah that's what I mean. Out of the two of them, Komaki is definitely crushing on Wakaba, so that scene never registered as anything but misleading. That's why I was confused by the worry.

It's less worry and more that it would be frustrating. "Girl crushes on other girl but goes out with some random guy for whatever reason" is a very unfun trope (I'll not go into the details of why, as people will interpret it differently, but I feel uncomfortable every time that trope is used). And it does affect their interactions if Komaki went out with someone in the past, considering the way she behaves towards Wakaba now hits very different if she has relationship experience.

If Wakaba's interaction was correct and Komaki dated that dude, it would be nice to know that now to interpret Komaki's actions as a change of direction, rather than learn it later and repaint all the previous chapters in a negative light. And if it was misleading, that would be nice to know to see their game as an awkward first love instead of being left in the dark.

Side note, this chapter (2.2) was really cute. Looking forward to their date.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

The whole soda metaphor was so strange and pointless lol

joined Sep 10, 2022

"Girl crushes on other girl but goes out with some random guy for whatever reason" is a very unfun trope (I'll not go into the details of why, as people will interpret it differently, but I feel uncomfortable every time that trope is used).

We both agree on that point (and the cute date). It's not my favorite idea either. However, in that scene, Komaki's snide, almost devilish smirk speaks volumes and I believe it sheds light on her intention, regardless of whether she actually had "dated" that person.

Her facial expression in that scene is consistent with her current playful, mocking and teasing personality. She looked like she was challenging Wakaba because she clearly was staring right at her while the guy was right there. She might as well have winked too. So I definitely get that the potential might be bothersome but those reasons make it less so for me this time. It just feels more playful and calculating and that was just a blip of a panel.

last edited at Mar 21, 2024 12:32PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Maybe Sadist want to go out with her but since she know she wouldn't accept ir if she ask directly, she did those challenges to get through her. Also how many time before say gex ?

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Y'all ever get such a self-recriminating God complex that you drink shitty soda just to prove some inscrutable point? Hashtag relatable

joined Aug 29, 2019

Maybe Sadist want to go out with her but since she know she wouldn't accept ir if she ask directly, she did those challenges to get through her. Also how many time before say gex ?

That and Sadist-chan's just desperate to finally be beaten and acknowledged as a human being while taking the weirdest and most ineffective roundabout way to do the naughty with her crush. That they say gex should be totally on the agenda of this series, but we know how things go, it's not Flowerchild or anything after all :D

People who read the LN probably know more, but I'll stick to speculating on the info that we have here :D

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

When she worked as a waitress my wife would give people who asked for ginger ale a mixture of coke and sprite and as far as I know nobody ever complained. This is probably also a metaphor for something but hell if I know what

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

It's a metaphor for This Girl's a Fucking Serial Killer but she's still Wakaba's perfect angel or whatever I guess

To reply you must either login or sign up.