Forum › Posts by Skywallker

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Okay, I'm starting to see why she's like this towards mc

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So she's on the run from an arranged marriage?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well, anyway, my earlier thesis that Kiwi has won the shipping war still stands, and I am very okay with that. :-)

Personally I think the manga has been entirely unambiguous with this. Sayo and Utena just have compatible kinks. There's not much in the way of actual romance between them. Utena and Kiwi, on the other hand, have had several chapters specifically about their feelings. The relationship dynamics in the manga seem extremely obvious to me. Hell, Kiwi has even started playing with Azur/Sayo in her own way to bond with Utena.

You're 100% right, there's no debate there. I think they must have meant shipping wars by fans? As you say, the canon material is extremely clear.

"Shipping" typically only refers to fan activity, as do "shipping wars", so yeah, that's what I meant. :-) Back around chapter 24, Kiwi had not made her move yet, Azul had just unlocked her La Verita, and the chemistry between her and Utena was great, so she had looked like a serious contender. But that was seven volumes ago, and the author seems to have made up their mind on Baiser x Leopolt endgame since then.

I still don't get why people thought Azul was a serious contender. Utena rejected both the idea of getting close with the magical girls and even more so she rejected Azul submitting to her. Meanwhile Kiwis very introduction was setting up their compatibility and they grew close already by the end of the first arc. Azul was clearly just meant to be the rival imo

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Gyarus are the best -chronically anxious asocial brat sheep

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

idk why a lot of people on this site have such a hate on for large casts and "not making progress". why rush things?

because no one likes to chew on gum forever cuz at one point it's gonna stop having any flavor, at least that is what some people feel like, i HATE stories were there is no story progression, mostly thous are comedy manga were they can milk it for the fun of it, but in yuri i will rather it not take 50+ chapters of “comedy” without moving the romance plot

Well this is a comedy

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So mc is only at the level of "that person"

I'm seriously wondering of lil sis will actually be the endgame here

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What we have learned about Michi certainly doesnt add up yet, she seemed less shy in her flashback, she became a junior exorcist, and her dad confirmed that she did indeed attend that festival. But the Michi we have now is terrified of ghosts, doesn't remember several years of her life, heck it even seems others have trouble noticing her. She was apparently school friends with Aizawa who's very showy on her interactions but nobody on the class has made any comment on that supposed connection, not even resident Aizawa superfan.

There being two Michis seems almost like the obvious option at the moment, but that doesn't really add up either, there's too many loose ends.

Even sayaka suddenly seems like she should at least be acquainted with Michi but even she acts like they have just met recently

So I'm just gonna throw out a crazy shot in the dark, Michi is a ghost possessing an empty body or something like that

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm observing this manga setting as premise that some "curse" turns cis ppl into trans ("curse" is just metaphoric expression of some unknown power which we call supernatural because we can't explain it, having not enough info what is real cause of transformation)
That premise could easily be the truth (truth revealed to us in metaphorical way, through the riddle of one artwork)

Why I say cis ppl are turned into trans ppl in this manga?
We see only physical "shapeshifting", the essence stays the same
(both characters who turned into girls are still completely aware of themselves who they are/were).
There's no change on psycho-emotional level(characters never expressed "wishes", no gender questionings, etc.)

So, the theory that transgender ppl were cis before is very possible to be the truth. Why?
From where their awareness of being captured in wrong body comes?
It must be before that transformation/shapeshifting, like in manga.
It would confirm that we live more than one life, and that we have some abstract memories (awareness) on our being.
And that we keep awareness of changes through our being (essence) is passing, beyond the time.

Anyway, the word transition applied on trans ppl is telling all.
Let's say that we observe transition as "the journey from point A to point B" (ftm or mtf).
I'm saying here and now, that FULL transition cycle is actually (m)-to-ftm, and (f)-to-mtf!
Someone who was previously male is transitioning and returns to male again, and (previously) female is transitioning and returns to female.
It MUST be full cycle, by laws of nature.
It shows clearly that transgender ppl are not "insane" while being aware who they are from an early age. They just don't have the physical proof.
And I claim it's something before their current existence in transgender form.

So, we actually have to examine this premise given in manga as the truth, and resolve the riddle what is metaphor for "the curse".
(we could say the author is highly inspired, spreading the codded message to us to tell us something what is hidden and unknown for now)

Manga says, it's "the kiss" what FEMALE does to cis man (male), what can change his physical form into female (and it would be vice versa if it is about trans girls. We just have to invert situation).
And, of course, take "the kiss" as the metaphor for something else what cause "shapeshift".
I would also take this premise of "the kiss" as metaphorically given true statement.

Sometimes we are getting true info through visions (in riddles)
It can happen through dreams or through art.
How we will understand riddles, it's upon us and our mindsets.

I'm just saying that I believe that premises of this manga are true.
And I also know a lot that I can say something revolutionary here.
My next step would be to move backward from the conclusion, to find the logic thread which will make full cycle and explain why the conclusion is the truth (in reality of life, I would try to find the answers)
If I assumed correctly, the road of confirmations will become open.
When the cycle is full and confirmation threads connected without missing links, we can say that the premise is proven.
We are experiencing enlightenment in that moment, grasping everything at once.

Sometimes we must act on hunch and believe, before we are able to see "the proof".

Well, I'm now too ahead of time, writing these words.
And it's possible that many ppl won't understand me now.
But I'm curious how much time will pass until what I say here shows as the truth (as confirmed).
Future will tell, and I hope soon.
I would not like to wait too long, for freedom of all of us who have to fight society on gender or sexual orientation levels.
I'm bringing the good news to all of you, wishing you all the happy Day of Freedom and Acceptance!
Let's wait and see that Day soon.
(Try to understand my explanations here about full cycles)

I have no idea what your point is super to be

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Plot twist: she's already had her first date, which makes miss imperfect miffed and she orders something less pleasant

(Not gonna happen)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Breaking news, internet is in shock and uproar about a teenager character acting like a teenager

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

No! We do not want to be living your dream, pivot, pivot now!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well, I'M excited. And I definitely think the two protagonists are probably once again trademark demi/aces, because they're both following manga to try and figure out what's coming a lot more naturally for everyone else.

That was really just Crescent Moon. Trying Out Marriage was just a slow burn because one girl was always in love and the other just took most of the manga to realize she was too. I don’t think they’ll have any problem kissing after the manga ended. In this manga, with two cheek touches in a single chapter I wouldn’t be surprised if this one had more physical contact in general.

They might even lean on each other soon

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

As someone who hasn't read any other parts, I like the cat girl, her smugness is perfect

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

We learned almost nothing!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Yup that ending quote cinched it for me Jun is about to be shot down. And she’ll smile and say it’s fine like every single other one of these bait characters that have existed forever. All that threesome baiting was just bait in the end. Disappointing to say the least.

Bait? Jun never appeared like a true option, Akane never saw her that way, she just didn't have the guts to turn her down definitively

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Yep, another childhood friend is used to make the main girls grow together. Poor Jun.

Jun isn't the typical "childhood friend loses", Jun is much younger than Akane, basically a little sister from another mother

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Is this the third layer of lesbian hell?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Wakaba got a breast size buff in the manga, in the LN she's flatter than a cutting board. And it seems like volume 2 is not the last volume of LN

Whats her goal here? Make her do embarrassing things until she develops Stockholm syndrome?

I kinda want mc to punch her

Komari want Wakaba to never forget her, even if she has to turn into the person Wakaba hates the most

Huh? So mc avoids her for a bit and she decides to go full psuedo bully to fix it?

She really isn't perfect huh

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Whats her goal here? Make her do embarrassing things until she develops Stockholm syndrome?

I kinda want mc to punch her

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 6:00PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The "Nat" in "Natalie" stands for "Natural 20 on all rolls involving rizz with crazy girls".

I that what we are calling charm this season?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

A remarkable baby that one

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I still don't get this ship, the pairing feels less interesting and more "they are both iconic" to me

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Look at this with the twists and turns

We start out with a decent double bluff. Then it's starts to look generic only to reveal that we are indeed getting the culture clash that Isekai so often lack. Then the villainess is shown to instead of being a one note setup is a volatile mix of unpleasant and admirable qualities. Ending with flipping surprise possessiveness.

This has the potential to be a wild ride, om pleasantly surprised

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The ex-fiancé opening his eyes to the world of Yaoi will alway be one of the funniest developments of this series.

Btw, hell yeah the mom should accept that Makino is also dating a woman, otherwise her whole "support" towards the sister was because she had a backup (aka the younger) and not because she accepts her children being gay. And if the dark speech bubble indicates anything, bigoted twats don't become good and accepting people out of the blue.

Tho Mashiro's worries are valid because of her line of work. I doubt that Makino's conservative parents would be ok with her second job, that now after getting fired as "Sato-san" happens to be her main source of income

Let us see...

She just wants sena to take over the family business

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"Lately I've seen cosplayers on social media!"

I wonder... how do you cosplay as a character of this manga???

Don't they all dress like typical Japanese girls, in perfectly normal clothes?

Cosplay just means to make yourself look lile someone else, "real" cosplay involves mostly banal costume