joined Jul 8, 2019

A loner, a gyaru, an ikemen, and a kid

… walk into a bar.

made me spit my drink

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

A loner, a gyaru, an ikemen, and a kid

… walk into a bar.

The Loner says "give me a minute, we're not open yet" and jumps behind the counter

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Another amazing chapter. Everything the story has built up is used to characterize the interactions between the 3.

joined Oct 22, 2020

Oh I really love the tender emotions in this one.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

My daughter, now that I'm on my deathbed, there's something I must tell you

Always be a fucking racist

joined Dec 20, 2013

wouldn't that be specist in this case ?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

how much you wanna bet that grandpa doesn't even know that his granddaughter is running around the park and battling monsters, maybe he really just thinks it's sword practice lmao

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

wouldn't that be specist in this case ?

If she gets killed out there, fighting a useless battle, He'll probably be very proud.

Also Hinata had my heart in this chapter. I kept hearing PART OOOFFFF YOUR WOOOOOOOOORLDDDD! Playing in the background. (I bet Naori gives great hugs!)

joined Sep 13, 2022

yesssss question your extremist elders lets gooooo

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Chapter 4 Naori: "We're not living together. You're just lodging here."
Chapter 36 Naori: "The two of us are living together."

Progress. Gotta love it. (Also curse the Japanese language for having multiple words that all translate to "living together" in English but have wildly different implications).

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

deradicalization arc?

joined Mar 26, 2021

Progress. Gotta love it. (Also curse the Japanese language for having multiple words that all translate to "living together" in English but have wildly different implications).

What are the implications in this case?

last edited at Feb 2, 2024 8:21PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

To use a more stiff translation of what's on p17, Isuzu is asking Naori if she is spending her life living in this house with the next Shuten-doji in an implied "you seriously living like this?" kinda manner, whereas Naori responds by saying a more affirmitive "the two of us live in this house together", with the implication that this has become "their house" as opposed to just "Naori's house and also Hinata is there".

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

To use a more stiff translation of what's on p17, Isuzu is asking Naori if she is spending her life living in this house with the next Shuten-doji in an implied "you seriously living like this?" kinda manner, whereas Naori responds by saying a more affirmitive "the two of us live in this house together", with the implication that this has become "their house" as opposed to just "Naori's house and also Hinata is there".

Oh my. You've truly earned your name, today.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

Ok i actually really like Isuzu. She's still got some bs to unlearn but that's not really her fault, and she's making good progress.

We seem to be setting up a confrontation where Isuzu verbally and/or physically defends hinata in front of her grandfather, and im looking forward to that

Img_0877
joined Jun 20, 2023

There was some really good panels in this one,
I want to see more mikage!!

last edited at Feb 3, 2024 9:46PM

__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

Made the non-alcoholic version of Mozart's Afternoon from the valentine's twitter bonus, its really good.

joined Jun 8, 2020

worst yuri manga.

joined Jul 26, 2023

I think the grandfather might be poisoning the father.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Made the non-alcoholic version of Mozart's Afternoon from the valentine's twitter bonus, its really good.

It seems good! But it's a bit late, time to hunt some discount chocolate liqueur

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

It seems good! But it's a bit late, time to hunt some discount chocolate liqueur

Here to report I tried it too and it's good.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

So like this is not a knock on this story but the beat of "oh no something isn't here when it should have been" is so common that like I cannot find it in myself to be worried and I'm just like I wonder what the solution will be and if it'll be anything more than a simple "don't worry I know how to shake up the recipe" and "oh wow the improvised cocktail ended up being really popular"

And I am fully setting myself up here, because I want to be proven wrong. But like ultimately this is just me bitching about a completely harmless trope. lmao

last edited at Feb 22, 2024 6:52PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So like this is not a knock on this story but the beat of "oh no something isn't here when it should have been" is so common that like I cannot find it in myself to be worried and I'm just like I wonder what the solution will be and if it'll be anything more than a simple "don't worry I know how to shake up the recipe" and "oh wow the improvised cocktail ended up being really popular"

And I am fully setting myself up here, because I want to be proven wrong. But like ultimately this is just me bitching about a completely harmless trope. lmao

Eh. I think part of why it's so common is that is, well, common in real life too. It's pretty easy to forget something or not have enough of something and then you have to figure out how to handle it.

With that said, given the Ibuki group seems to sell alcohol, Watanabe works at a bar, an at least a few of their families are rich, I suspect this is going to be less a case of "quickly make a substitution" and more "quickly go get the alcohol, but there'll be some complications due to the source."

Also, this is already a recipe Naori came up with and it's not like any of the other students have any expectations for what it should be, so a last minute substitution that "surprises" everyone with how good it is wouldn't have much impact. It would just be retreading the same ground from when she came up with the cocktail in the first place. (Beyond that, the absolute worst case scenario for running out of the ingredients is they throw up a "sold out" sign, but it's not like they're actually counting on the sales of that particular drink for anything, so it's not actually a big deal.)

last edited at Feb 22, 2024 7:03PM

joined Sep 13, 2022

taukasa be like “if you love it then you better put a ring on it, gurrrrrl”

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

It's always cute/funny seeing that everyone around them considers them a couple already. Hinata's "family," their friends, and even people who don't know them well (maybe even the whole campus at this point), all know not to interfere with the couple. They live together, sleep together, have nearly died for each other, fight for each other, and are tied at the hip constantly. They're essentially married already. Just have to get Naori over her understandable personal hangups, and they're set.

To reply you must either login or sign up.