Forum › Alcohol and Ogre-girls discussion

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Naori stabbing herself with the ice pick was so fucking metal of her

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

OMG this chapter was metal as fuck. And Hinata on the last page is so incredibly cool, I'm all for it.

joined Jul 8, 2019

the TV Tropes guys are gonna have to change the trope image for "determinator" after this chapter...

last edited at Apr 20, 2024 3:26PM

joined Feb 24, 2023

My only thought is how in gods name are they gonna explain all the blood and clothing damage when they get back

joined Feb 24, 2023

My only thought is how in gods name are they gonna explain all the blood and clothing damage when they get back

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Take this skeptically but Isuzu's hairlick is drawn so sharply and consistently this chapter, and her incisor when she scowls, I'm starting to doubt she's fully human. The comparison with Hinata in c36 p21 says it all. Isuzu's hair spike is always there, and her pointy fang when she scowls, makes her resemble the ogre characters much more than the human characters. And her ogre-level strongman ancestor has a version with a non-human biodad, so it's not breaking from the false-history worldbuilding. If so grandpa could be more racist than sexist about which traits disqualify her from being a warrior. Finding out you're more diverse while grappling with racism is less of a feelgood plot but would have a more interesting family dynamic. I'm leaning a bit over 50% she's technically an ogre girl, take a shot if I'm right.

It's also grandpa's fault she was put off and forgot to order more mint liquer. Bad human.

The ward placed by this enemy is supposed to disable humans, but Isuzu doesn't seem to be affected. Maybe it's been explained with something else and I just forgot; it's possible that Isuzu can withstand it because of her training, or the enemy deliberately excluded her from the effect because otherwise there's no sport in defeating her. But if Isuzu were part youkai, that would also make it more ironic when she says she can't "mix" with Naori and her ogre friends.

last edited at Apr 20, 2024 8:27PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

The ward placed by this enemy is supposed to disable humans, but Isuzu doesn't seem to be affected. Maybe it's been explained with something else and I just forgot; it's possible that Isuzu can withstand it because of her training, or the enemy deliberately excluded her from the effect because otherwise there's no sport in defeating her. But if Isuzu were part youkai, that would also make it more ironic when she says she can't "mix" with Naori and her ogre friends.

She was affected. And it's likely just her training. She alluded to that during this chapter (pages 17-19). If they're hunting demons they must have some familiarity with these wards. She made a comment about how if Naori could make her way past the ward, she should also be able to do the same and realized that she'd given up earlier than she should have.

last edited at Apr 20, 2024 9:20PM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I like this trend of ending every chapter with Hinata looking as hot as the sun.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

I really liked Hinata's line about blood existing for your benefit, and not the other way around. Also, I'm really enjoying watching Isuzu's character growth!

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Hinsta't Fully Awakened Form is SO F@CKIN' HOT!!!!! LESSSGOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

not really important to the chapter but "warding off cats with plastic bottles" was new to me

joined Aug 17, 2021

The early chapters of this did not lead me to expect it would escalate into a shonen action series, but well, here we are.

joined Sep 10, 2022

The Ibuki family has quite a variety of personalities, and they're hopefully about to add a sister-in-law to the mix.

joined Mar 26, 2021

This series always has great volume covers!
Also, cute extra panel for chapter 36, comforting the girlfriend...

joined Aug 23, 2021

That volume 6 cover though...

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Naori, I know you have integrity as a bartender and all, but surely in such an emergency, a free-pour wouldn't be out of line?

U5iwjlckigx21%20(1)
joined Mar 21, 2016

Ufufu. It seems like Naori's too good and now Hinata's body can't be satisfied by anyone else ever again~
How scandalous~

On something from a bit earlier, though, I've had this suspicion all throughout reading this, and it feels like it's still dropping hints, but I have a feeling that Naori has some kind of connection to Yorimitsu. From the manga opening with Naori watching her grandfather mix an "oni-killer", to the supernatural speed at which she got down and back up the mountain without noticing, to what Mikage pointed out about the descendants of Yorimitsu's followers gravitating to her. I don't know if it's just a direct line of descent, or reincarnation, or what, but it certainly feels like it keeps getting hinted at.

And would be a romantic thought, don't you think? It all starting with Yorimitsu tricking and killing the original Shuten Douji with alcohol, and now, a thousand years later, Yorimitsu's successor and the modern Shuten Douji falling in lesbians and fighting for each other's sake. I certainly wouldn't be against it ending up that way.

joined May 3, 2024

So far, this manga has no yuri bait right? Right? ;-;

joined Sep 10, 2022

Did you delete this comment and resubmit it? Pretty sure I saw this yesterday.

last edited at May 6, 2024 3:03PM

U5iwjlckigx21%20(1)
joined Mar 21, 2016

sis the secondary female lead stuck her toungue down the female mc's throat, left a saliva trail, and then kabedoned her in chapter 1.

To reply you must either login or sign up.