Forum › Posts by Random_Bird

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Because they are EXTRAS - not part of the main story.

You act like people are crazy for clicking on something with the YURI TAG and wanting YURI

This is just straight up not yuri past like part of the way through volume 2, and has no sign of going back to that. And if it’s true, apparently the author said herself it’s not a yuri so why does it still have the yuri tag and not subtext or side lesbian couple (forget that one tag)

I understand not everyone enjoys slow burn stories. If you don't like the story anymore that's ok. but asking others not to read this anymore is indeed crazy.

We all have our preferences, what you are considering a blasphemy is for others normal, and realistic. I myself mostly use the "shoujo ai" tag when I'm looking for new things to read because "Yuri" from experience would make all the smut and erotica appear, maybe that's what she meant when she said this wasn't Yuri.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure when she says she doesn't consider it yuri, she means that she isn't pandering to the crowd that wants eroticized gayness with loads of fanservice. She wants to keep it toned down and closer to the way she believes people would actually behave

Random_Bird
007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
Mara_universe-1781295365398110252-img1

^they'll probably try something like that untkl Laios realizes the box is a species of clam, pries it open and they feast on chowder while Marcille grumbles in embarrassment

The usual xD

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I think that with the success of this work, the gay shenanigans had to take a backseat because the main sponsors of Sumiko have become the music industry (mainly Universal Music Japan) and not the manga industry or the yuri fandom.

She's been enrolled to promote Universal's catalog in Japan, not to promote the gay agenda.

For her sponsors, the gay is secondary. It's cute and it adds some appeal to the manga, but it's not the main theme anymore.

The first part focused on Aya and Mitsuki and the gender misunderstanding, but once it was out of the way, the second part focused mostly on music, because it's what pays the bills for Sumiko. So she toned down the romance (still keeping the rizz moments) and propped up the western music side.

So I wouldn't expect any actual onscreen kiss or definite gay thing, because it's become too big for that unfortunately, even if Sumiko has not shied away from the gay in the past.

That’s disgusting, I hope the yuri fans are smart enough to leave now that it’s seemingly going nowhere

The author said from the beginning that she doesn't consider it a yuri. It was never intended to pander to that fandom. It's a cute story about relatable characters, rock music, and Japanified Americana and I still love tuning in every week

Random_Bird
007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
117761450_p0

I've been reading on Bookwalker and they're only on volume 13. Didn't realize the last one was already out. I'll need to look around for it

Edit: Ah, official release date for Vol14 in english is July 23, 2024

last edited at Apr 17, 2024 7:43AM

Random_Bird
007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
117761450_p0

The manga is only up to the part where the winged lion is defeated so Falin still needs to be resurrected again for any relationship progression to happen

As far as I can tell, there isn't a light novel. This story began in manga format

last edited at Apr 16, 2024 12:27PM

Random_Bird
007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
117761450_p0

Double checked. Turns out I was thinking of a moment from the manga where they interlock hands like that in the bath soon after Falin's resurrection. That was actually cut from the Anime version, sadly

Random_Bird
007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
117761450_p0

@Fairy - This is part of the anime,actually. They are canonically very touchy-feely with each other

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

A vTuber who had 55k subs yesterday and 76k subs now, who last streamed 2021 and certainly hasn't been streaming or doing anything else in any shape or form in the meantime, returns to her own channel in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zoNvjeAF8

Perhaps you might want to looksee.

Up to 100K subs and earned her silver play button before her return stream even started xD

She definitely deserves it by now

last edited at Apr 4, 2024 6:44AM

Random_Bird
007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
000_0200-1760448709916250250-img1

Nah, Nemo is way too much of a bottom to do this xD

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

For reference, Akita dogs are known for being loving and loyal to their family and close friends while being aloof with strangers. That's probably the meaning that Aya was going for

last edited at Mar 25, 2024 6:25AM

Random_Bird
007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
Hero45439083942-1765746772402725012-img1

^^ Nemo melts evertime Matama is even slightly dominant lol

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I would divide myself twice and use three of the resulting clones to make a watering can and two pots for the priestess as penance for my oversight. But in all seriousness, I think Ina IRL would be so quiet, I wouldn't have any way of knowing it was her. Missed opportunities can be fun stories, too, though.

I can't find the clip but I remember her telling a story about how she talked to her manager about wanting to sneak into a convention, saying that her voice wouldn't be THAT recognizable. Her manager then replied "It is, Ina. It is."

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

TSB has ben pretty awesome all throughout the Niji Drama. Altair/Han did collabs with Sayu back when she got kicked out, RPR was posting #whereisselen videos, and Axel was one of the first VTubers to post support when Selen was terminated

It was amazing to see them all back together, clowning on each other once again

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

They will probably have their fans but I doubt the Niji name is going to be commanding the strong initial subscriber counts it used to. They were already starting to flag before all this latest drama started going down

In other news, several ex-niji talents including Matara, Kuro, and U-San took Mika on a lovely post-niji recovery cruise. Even Pomu got in on the action at one point. Nice to see there was some love in that company that survived all the pain

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

After rereading Rhythm B, at the very least we can say Koga dislikes skirts (maybe femine clothing in general but it's not clear), doesn't have a strong instinct to "go along to get along," and is somewhat uncaring of the potential social fallout of her decisions. I don't know if I'd say she thinks of it as part of her identity, though she does acknowledge that it makes her "different." It still feels to me that it's less of a conscious effort and more that she doesn't like to compromise on what makes her feel comfortable

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I feel like her style is more "punk girl" than boyish personally. I never got the impression that she was making an effort to look like a boy, just that she thought a sort of cool/baggy look suited her better. If that means butch to you, okay, but I feel like there's a fine distinction to be found there

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I would be thrilled if this leads to a real conversion about gender between them, actually. Mitsuki is clearly very butch at minimum, but how does she feel about identifying as a woman in general? I'd love to know.

I think it'a less that she's butch and more that she is somewhat oblivious to social expectations and just finds a more masculine style of clothing comfortable without thinking too deeply about it. I don't think she has ever had any noticable objection to dressing feminine beyond "oh, yeah, I don't have very many skirts, do I...? It probably wouldn't look good on me anyways."

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Well, Mika mentioned that Niji has a waiting list for graduations so they don't get announced all at once IIRC, and she had to wait a while for her turn. There are definitely a few more scheduled but unnanounced if that's the case

The question is, will they be able to get new recruits to refill the ranks? I get the feeling that people may not think highly of anyone who willingly joins at this point.

Downsizing might fix the poor manager/talent ratio, though, so maybe they're going to wait before hiring again

last edited at Feb 19, 2024 5:13AM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

There's no official story. What you're talking about is comms theory, which is speculation, albeit very reasonable speculation

Maybe but it is likely the last word we will hear on the matter and does line up very will with the final statement by Doki, especially the part where she specifically mentions how difficult it is to communicate legal matters between different countries.

Unless, of course, Niji is going to suddenly decide to make actual reforms or to pointlessly lash out again

Random_Bird
007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
Kim0222dr5-1755550189572817244-img1

The wings are the spoiler xD

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

So it looks like the Dokibird/Nijisanji Drama may have reached a tense settlement.

The official story seems to be that there was a legal miscommunication, possibly caused by poor translation, that confused Niji into thinking that Dokibirds legal documentation was actually a prepared public statement.
This resulted in Niji falsely assuming that Doki was preparing to go scorched earth and doxx everyone who harrassed her and expose internal Nijisanji management issues

This would explain some of the odd choices made in the blackscreen Video with Elira, Vox,and Ike and why they would specifically mention doxxing, harrassment, and the importance of proper procedure

Legal experts commenting on the situation have said that the final Statement by Doki was likely prepared jointly by Doki and Nijisanji to quiet things down after the misunderstanding was resolved, which is why it was made in both English and Japanese.

Most likely, Nijisanji will now go full silence on the issue, counting on the internet's short attention span to slowly smooth things over, meanwhile Doki will continue to negotiate exclusively with Nijisanji legal, making no further unprompted statements about it

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

That video was so unreal. All the points I could make have been made somewhere. Why on Elira's channel? Why them and not a manager? Why basically admit you broke the law? Why basically admit that those on video are the ones who bullied her, when Selen did not even mention livers? Why make it look like you are petty and hateful by doing this at the same time as not-Selen's stream?

Based on the followup tweet NijiEN made, they apparently think they can have livers play both sides. Since they work for Niji and this was all part of an "investigation," telling them won't, technically, breach NDA, and since, technically, none of them signed any NDAs regarding this and are "independent contractors" they aren't bound to keep it secret

Hololive tried something similar in the early days, allowing their talents to stream games without permissions and then claiming that it's fine because the talents are "independent contractors" and not technically part of the company. No one bought it then either and there were mass removals of videos, troubling many of their livers and fans

Ultimately, though, NijiEN's objective was likely to try and exploit the other fanbases loyalty to their oshis to rally them against Selen, thereby causing the anti-niji faction supporting her to lose momentum

last edited at Feb 13, 2024 11:10AM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Birb is back. It was nice to hear her be able to laugh again.

Doki is a treasure. It's truly amazing how quickly she has been able to get back on her feet. All that goodwill she cultivated is being paid back in force

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Bruh? I just checked again for updates and Niji put up a small update: "Firing her won't affect our bottom line". I thought it was a meme.
Niji is losing sponsors and sellers, wtf are they talking about? But I don't see the EN branch returning to normal or anyone else debuting for a long time.

It's just a lazy attempt at damage control with the shareholders who are losing trust in rhe company

In other news, Niji is suddenly hiring a new director of their overseas division for no reason in particular

last edited at Feb 7, 2024 5:37AM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I really do hope, most likely in vain, that the others members don't start getting randomly harassed

I know I've heard about people going after Millie, though this isn't entire random...

Millie tried to explain how Niji isn't a Black company at the same time Selen's Last Cup of Coffee drama was going down so that threw a lot of suspicion on her. If it's only that, though, it's still pretty weak evidence

But, yeah, mentioning that Selen claimed to have been bullied by a liver in an official statement is going to start a few witch hunts