Forum › The VTuber Thread Wherein We Talk about VTubers

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I have to make a new post instead of updating the above any more.
2024 is a fucking rollercoaster already.
Starting with the sad, Pomu announced her graduation from Niji. It's sudden, but she definitely thought about it for a while. Her final stream is this Friday. I'm sure most here are familiar with her previous channel, Maid Mint. She hasn't posted anything there, and she said she wants to go back to school for a bit, still sub just in case. I'm going to miss her so much, she's truly an icon and impossible to replace no matter how many new members join.
Somewhat related, I don't see Selen staying in Niji for long either. She's being treated like shit, and now she's in a hospital. I think she's ok now? I'll share her previous channel if necessary, but it's not hard to find.

Just now, Mel got terminated. Seems like she broke NDA but I have no idea what could it possibly be yet, and I'm not putting out any shitty theories. Her channel is getting nuke in February, so I expect people to download the vods. She just did a stream with Kotoka quite recently, and even if Koto is basically JP, Mel has always been a fun and approachable person to her fellow streamers and to us fans. I'll miss her for sure, but I recall her having a personal channel... Oh yeah. Fingers crossed, I guess.

On the good news, best news first. The birds are getting along well, Kiara is collecting wives fr fr. They showered together (supposedly clothed), slept in the same bed("slept"), met mom, played with cats, and much more.
Here's a clip with kisses from yesterday: https://youtu.be/hZJMqrgTla0?si=lWaNcW8UxqjPMACA
Iofi and Moona also kissing lol: https://youtu.be/1awZEwGO9pU?si=5KdQ7XvTs-EZu3tQ
Aiaia wants to FRICK Scarle caught in 4k: https://youtu.be/vKrzuJkLhx0?si=TqX2YBQ5UFWWg42K
Matara did a face reveal...not that it's a new pic, but still pretty: https://youtu.be/IBeMjtOP0gg?si=I6ncIQMBVoJ5l3EB
Mococo did a GMMF stream a couple of weeks ago that I forgot to post. She's a real one.
Hoshikawa Vs Furen compilation: https://youtu.be/F72A-C74MoI?si=aMgR3rwRimHaZ-B8
Towa won the MK8 cup this year...while being in a tie with Sui-chan. Looks like she isn't retiring yet lmao.
Oh and Ao took the zako crown from Choco, Kobo and FuwaMoco were real good at being bad too, next year will be crazy if Choco comes back to defend her title.

Bae moved to Japan, totally not sus. Myster Kuro moved to Indonesia, also not sus, we might hear from a familiar voice soon? I'm coping a bit...unless?

For the Indie recommendations I forget to post.
Peo-chan reached 40k recently https://www.youtube.com/live/8JsFzv44dsI?si=d5W-v7N3KTYdIxCp
Yuria came back to YT recently: https://www.youtube.com/live/CECXVldEYNs?si=9GoYDTDFRfslix1T
Ayamy sensei back with lewd merch: https://www.youtube.com/live/dgW3IdF5o4M?si=jrrpifjvsJ-X40ey
I forgot to share Tonya's 3d concert and new chibi model from a couple weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/live/i5YGOVQkzkY?si=kEfV6sVckuz2jqDF
Sayu streamed some more AK Endfield: https://www.youtube.com/live/8v5uvhbOK_A?si=13yO16xygOylZXMJ

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

[Pomu] hasn't posted anything there, and she said she wants to go back to school for a bit, still sub just in case.

Probably worth nothing that VShojo is planning something university-themed

Somewhat related, I don't see Selen staying in Niji for long either. She's being treated like shit, and now she's in a hospital. I think she's ok now? I'll share her previous channel if necessary, but it's not hard to find.

Selen's time in the hospital is more consistent with checking herself into a psych ward than anything

The specific issue with Selen is that she likes doing big tournaments and general esports stuff, and VShojo is basically the worst place for that. I'm assuming VSPO EN already turned her down. She can try to get into Hololive, but that's uncertain and even if she does get accepted will mean waiting a while to debut. Just a shitty situation all around

Myster Kuro moved to Indonesia, also not sus, we might hear from a familiar voice soon? I'm coping a bit...unless?

Mika's all but explicitly stated that she's heading to VShojo, if that's what you're getting at

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Noruju is best girl. That is all.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Someone translated Rica's posts about the termination. https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtualYoutubers/s/IxQzDiFUfN
Very sad to read all that. She's also taking a break for a while, it seems.

Also, checking my subscription box is kinda depressing. So many people retired, some came back to smaller groups...or Holo/Niji/VS. I also found out Mocca nuked their channel? I thought they were coming back to YT? Also didn't even know they was a they now. Time flies.

Some funny news, WACTOR has rebranded LOL! It's called 910 now? With the first member being the OG first member? Wtf is going on?
Worth highlighting here:

The new agency laid more details regarding Hizuki Miu's new contract arrangement:

Miu is set to receive 100% of profits from YouTube live, fan club, crowdfunding and voice sales.

She is also given permission to continue using social media accounts under the name Hizuki Miu; as well as illustration, Live2D, 3D model and original song data.

Actvities will now be at the sole discretion of Miu as she participate in the 910inc multi-channel network (MCN), and use 910inc as an exclusive point of contact for projects and the like. The new agency will also collaborate with others as appropriate.

This is so freaking weird, I hope no one actually falls for this scam. They have a LOT to prove if they want to earn anyone's good will.

Probably worth nothing that VShojo is planning something university-theme

She also laughed at the idea of her going to Vshoujo. The biggest hint so far was today's collab on Elira's channel, she tittled it weh AND Pomu said it out loud on the Pokémon stream. I'm always inclined to believe the streamer until proved otherwise, but it will/would be a very funny coincidence if she doesn't show up in Vshoujo with the University theme lol.

Just a shitty situation all around

Yep. I assume all the noes from management is the reason why Pom is leaving, that's why I just had to mention Selen.

Mika's all but explicitly stated that she's heading to VShojo, if that's what you're getting at

Well, yes but I can't say she's definitely going to join Vshoujo until debut(?) for legal reasons, as in she'll be a bit upset at me if she sees this lmao.

Noruju is best girl.

Can anyone share VOMS clippers? Post-Pikamee clips are the rarest gems on yt rn. Anyway, she's IS pretty great.

Also just realised I haven't shared any Peo clips, here's some Ame simping: https://youtu.be/4to2ylgN9WQ?si=SYcsyNeB6raOIqag

Also also forgot to share a clip from the KotoMel stream, warning! it's cursed: https://youtu.be/svifuElIMsQ?si=t_p3z3Qnv_9fM1LB

last edited at Jan 17, 2024 6:11AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Worth highlighting here:

Very suspicious. Particularly since they're hiring on other people but not mentioning how their profit margins look!

Kinda reminds me of how that new VAllure agency is advertising an 80/20 split in the talents favour, but in that case they seem to think it's viable because they don't have any managers to pay

Can anyone share VOMS clippers? Post-Pikamee clips are the rarest gems on yt rn

Not only have I not been seeing clips, I didn't know they had a third generation until now...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For any Kson fans, here's what her appearance in Like a Dragon 8 is like (no spoilers for main story from what I can tell). Pretty cool she got to do both the JP and English dubs.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

January, what the fuck? Now we have Mafumafu saying that he was married to someone who abused him, and multiple third parties confirming that this was to Mikeneko

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Yeah, I've been sleeping all day since yesterday then I saw that shit fest. I stopped trusting her after she picked a fight with Delu unprovoked, but holy it's worse than anyone could've predicted.

PP or Post-Pomu has been kinda rough too, watching some old clips feels like when I rewatch the old 2019-2020 HL clips. Oh and she cameo'd on an Uki MC stream, shit talking like usual: https://youtu.be/Cd_3ZjqlkFM?si=Srkvrxz490SDK9qw
So much for disconnecting from the internet, I hope she is at least NOT terminally online anymore for her own health.

Hey, at least Goob is back! January isn't complete shit.

Oh and Rosemi is winning, Harada showed up for her most recent T8 stream and she became a mess lol. She talked about it again during a members stream too, she even mentioned her pre Niji days on the Tekken stream, those streams were fun and I wish they were still up, it's clear she had a lot of thoughs and emotions running, anyway she seems pretty happy, she's going to be playing this a lot.
Victoria is also playing Tekken 8 and looks like Salome is starting today, tournament soon? Ugh, been Niji doesn't give me much hope.

Also forgot to post Riri's 3d: https://www.youtube.com/live/vK2o_uJrhrw?si=YiD87aNZ5ed6SU7-
From 30:09 since it was a paid concert. Cute snek still cute in 3d.

For any Kson fans

She's playing the game too. She looks awesome! A proper celebrity implementation.

Btw, Kyo is also graduating now. Feb, 17. Reasons? same as Mika.

last edited at Feb 4, 2024 6:38AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maaan fuck niji at this point, they have great talents but I can not like the company at all.
Selen has been terminated officially and of course they blame it all on her.

This is her previous and now current active persona, she's telling people to spread the voice and the won't be silenced anymore, the situation is quite severe https://twitter.com/dokibird

Here's her returning stream waiting room https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2YmJL0PX5M

last edited at Feb 5, 2024 2:10PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The wildest thing about the termination is Nijisanji bringing up bullying, which hadn't been part of the discussion previously. So now the internet hates Niji talent as well as management. Great job there, guys

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

My favorite part of all this? No one gives a fuck about sharing alts/previous accounts anymore. r/Nijisanji has been pure anarchy all day, the receipts are all coming out, and the fanbase is uniting.

I really do hope, most likely in vain, that the others members don't start getting randomly harassed. I've seen a lot of negativity and everyone is losing subs. Ike is taking a break and I think Rosemi will as well, she hasn't said anything but the fact she's not going to use social media.

A couple ex-en have reacted as well, obviously Sayu but also uh deersqn? Deerskin? That one dork who made a new account to rt idol stuff but posted a bunch of evidence to link her to the fairy, as well, oh and follow her rules if you're going to follow her. Forgot to mention Moom, even if she isn't ex niji.

Anyway, Doki is gaining traction, she was at less than 10k when I mentioned I would share her channel if it came to this and now she's sitting at almost 230k. I'm glad she's still with us, I hope she can get her mind back in track.

last edited at Feb 6, 2024 2:22AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

r/Nijisanji has been pure anarchy all day, the receipts are all coming out, and the fanbase is uniting.

Also came out that Anycolor took over the sub by force, but then hasn't bothered to actually moderate it. One of their weirder moments of incompetent authoritarianism

I really do hope, most likely in vain, that the others members don't start getting randomly harassed

I know I've heard about people going after Millie, though this isn't entire random...

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I really do hope, most likely in vain, that the others members don't start getting randomly harassed

I know I've heard about people going after Millie, though this isn't entire random...

Millie tried to explain how Niji isn't a Black company at the same time Selen's Last Cup of Coffee drama was going down so that threw a lot of suspicion on her. If it's only that, though, it's still pretty weak evidence

But, yeah, mentioning that Selen claimed to have been bullied by a liver in an official statement is going to start a few witch hunts

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Whether it's true or not, don't go harass peoples.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

People here are chill as far as I know. It really seems to be a minority of weirdos. I mean, they're harassing Rosemi! She's literally made out of honey and they think she would do something like that? to someone she genuinely cares about? They don't watch them, it's mob mentality.

I can't see any of the en members driving anyone to a suicide attempt, tbh. I'm still not super familiar with the newer ones, but I don't feel any malice from them, they were super sweet and genuine during the Pomu tatsu. I'm susing whoever wrote the notice, they're covering for someone.

joined Apr 10, 2021

Being overly dramatic is usually not a smart move, but this situation is really, really bad. Obviously Selen being bullied to the point of suicide is like, the most really bad of all.
But also, the harassment brigades, both so to speak "actual fans" of Selen who want blood from somewhere and antis/chaos lovers are out hard now, of course.

I have a database of subs of niji and holo channels I've maintained for my own pleasure for years now, to see how much each is growing monthly. All of the main Nijisanji en girls have lost around 3k subs, Millie has lost 5K.
This is notable since no one, anywhere, at any point during my updates, ever has had a loss of subscribers (if the tuber is still active) month-to month, or at least not on the precision you see in youtube, not even on very long hiatuses.
While just about anything "blows over" in the internet (and real life) eventually, hard to say if Niji EN can continue after this, if the managers want it to continue, or if the talents feel like it.
At very worst, this will cost all of them their jobs.

Man, this fucking sucks, as Mysta's personal twitter put it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Bruh? I just checked again for updates and Niji put up a small update: "Firing her won't affect our bottom line". I thought it was a meme.
Niji is losing sponsors and sellers, wtf are they talking about? But I don't see the EN branch returning to normal or anyone else debuting for a long time.

In other news, since the apostrophe thing ended up being real last time, people are checking those out.
Looks like Enna is freaking done too, and if she's out then I don't see her besties staying either. More people are taking breaks as well. *Edit: sorry for the misinformation, it ISN'T real and it seems to be a formatting thing since Doki has used both on her this account, but people are still looking for it.

The final Iluna collab was pretty fun, but sometimes there's was something strange in the air. Aia mentioned she was really exhausted, but that she didn't want to cancel her on the last collab with Kyo. She said she likes this job...hmmm.

Completely forgot to mention: Doki got a lot of gifts, including one from EA of all things. Her bird friend invited her to stay at her house and they watched Twilight, what a sweetheart :D

last edited at Feb 7, 2024 6:14AM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Bruh? I just checked again for updates and Niji put up a small update: "Firing her won't affect our bottom line". I thought it was a meme.
Niji is losing sponsors and sellers, wtf are they talking about? But I don't see the EN branch returning to normal or anyone else debuting for a long time.

It's just a lazy attempt at damage control with the shareholders who are losing trust in rhe company

In other news, Niji is suddenly hiring a new director of their overseas division for no reason in particular

last edited at Feb 7, 2024 5:37AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The more I read about it the worse it gets, leaks, other victims, emotional harassment, exclusions and manipulations... I hardly doubt Selen will be the last to leave and those who stay will do it because they are too new and had nothing to do with all of this; they are afraid of losing everything they've build (specially their fans); they somehow managed to dissociate from everyone else or they're too involved to abandon the yacht, I hope Rosemi and Elira will be okay because I felt they were truly genuine and enjoyable too, the others I don't know enough or didn't watch them.

About a year ago I made a post here saying how much I was enjoying Selen content so I wanted to give the others a try but something really felt wrong and forced so I stopped, to think that most rumors were true is really sad... And I'm going to trust my heart more often too, if something doesn't feel right is for a good reason.

I hope Doki's stream goes well and hopefully with enough mods in the chat.

last edited at Feb 7, 2024 1:51PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's probably true that the effect on overall revenue will be negligible. The effect on stock price has been substantial, though!

In other news, Niji is suddenly hiring a new director of their overseas division for no reason in particular

That was posted before this all went down. I'll be genuinely surprised if the EN branch doesn't get dissolved into the main one by the end of the year

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Birb is back. It was nice to hear her be able to laugh again.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Birb is back. It was nice to hear her be able to laugh again.

Doki is a treasure. It's truly amazing how quickly she has been able to get back on her feet. All that goodwill she cultivated is being paid back in force

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Dokis cackling feels like nothing changed at all. I kinda hope she does update the tomato model lol.

I want to add, please take the anger bait posts with a huge pile of salt, the ones I've seen so far are most likely fake on closer inspection. We do know there's something fucked going on inside thanks to the ex-nijis confirming it, but let's not listen to ones like that one delusional ex-fan.

I'm putting my 2 cents here, the streamers are good people maybe with minor fuckups, it's definitely someone else. Just like I trusted Sayu's claims over Nijis, I'll trust my instinct again. I'm fine being wrong as long as that PoS get huge consequences, but it'll also make me lose even more trust in humanity.

Meanwhile on the other side of the rainbow, Haachama is having back to back cursed collabs with Moom(that OP went hard) and now Shiori cooking, we're creating a new element! Let's gooooo!

Melody got K-son'd: https://youtu.be/BKA6rXWJ6T0?si=kUEDeYkPiTaC8-wA

Took a closer look at Ame's new merch...I might preorder even tho I never preorder stuff, it's perfect! The poncho really sold it tbh...and the Ame milk lol. Too bad the limited edition is already sold out T_T

last edited at Feb 9, 2024 6:01AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is horrifying, today they used the talents as shields while deliberately tried to sabotage her live to see her panic, this is just straight up evil and disgusting... This company can not be saved

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

At this point I'm wondering if NijiEN's director is actively trying to burn the project to the ground before he inevitably gets fired

To reply you must either login or sign up.