Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

dumbziri posted:

Specifically, the audio is apparently slightly censored. I'm not really sure how this works, since there wasn't anything obviously off in the streaming version

This week's episode just played music during the blindfold sequence, so I guess the full version would have some voice work there.

You're right! that must be it... The full ero force of the VA wouldn't be safe for work at all

F2
joined Jan 14, 2024

Hi everyone! After seeing episode 2 I had to binge the whole manga. Then I read this thread, made an account and decided to make my own relationship chart. Please let me know what you think of it. What do you agree/disagree with? What's objectively right/wrong? What's subjectively right/wrong? Looking forward to hearing back <3

https://i.ibb.co/kKGkyPV/shipping.png

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

P_Jasmine posted:

Hi everyone! After seeing episode 2 I had to binge the whole manga. Then I read this thread, made an account and decided to make my own relationship chart. Please let me know what you think of it. What do you agree/disagree with? What's objectively right/wrong? What's subjectively right/wrong? Looking forward to hearing back <3

https://i.ibb.co/kKGkyPV/shipping.png

It's pretty much correct overall, maybe I would add a Love N Lust line from Imitatio to Baiser, their relationship is quite.... complex hahaha

F2
joined Jan 14, 2024

Serenata posted:
It's pretty much correct overall, maybe I would add a Love N Lust line from Imitatio to Baiser, their relationship is quite.... complex hahaha

Like this you think?

https://i.ibb.co/Ks6khw1/shippingv2.png

joined Jun 3, 2020

You know what a good adaptation is? One that not only adapts the source material, but also expands it, adding new stuff to enhance the experience. That's what the MahoAko anime is doing in its third episode, adding important stuff that we couldn't know by just reading the manga. Yes, I'm talking about the revelation that Kiwi has inverted nipples! Praise the animators!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

P_Jasmine posted:

Serenata posted:

Like this you think?

https://i.ibb.co/Ks6khw1/shippingv2.png

No wait, sorry! I meant to say Lust and Hate, basically a third unique arrow just to fit their complicated feelings.

JGChaves posted:

You know what a good adaptation is? One that not only adapts the source material, but also expands it, adding new stuff to enhance the experience. That's what the MahoAko anime is doing in its third episode, adding important stuff that we couldn't know by just reading the manga. Yes, I'm talking about the revelation that Kiwi has inverted nipples! Praise the animators!

This truly elevates the adaptation to new heights! we get to have a deeper understanding of Kiwi hehehe

last edited at Jan 17, 2024 2:03PM

F2
joined Jan 14, 2024

No wait, sorry! I meant to say Lust and Hate, basically a third unique arrow just to fit their complicated feelings.

Okay. So like this then?
https://i.ibb.co/SPkgm9z/shippingv3.png

I feel like adding "hate" to the chart might make things a bit complicated, but oh well. In for a penny.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yes, sorry and thank you for going along with my selfish request... As former rivals (well, technically still very much rivals) they have strong connection, if this was a normal mahou shoujo show it would be just hate but giving the lewd nature of the series that would be too simple.

F2
joined Jan 14, 2024

No worries. Who knows. Maybe something will happen in the next chapter that suddenly changes everything and I'll hafta start from scratch.
fingers crossed

last edited at Jan 18, 2024 1:59PM

F2
joined Jan 14, 2024
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It's ASMR tiem
https://youtu.be/4pezIaN9jFY?si=2Gr4hCaWOXRrJJjz

Which funnily enough coincides with the plot of the next chapter (the plot's completely different since it's current time anime Utena so no need to worry about manga spoilers).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I get what you mean but a big part of that subtlety can only be achieved thanks to the static nature of manga panel, like the flash effect of an attack that covers a convenient space, a well positioned bubble, hair, drop of sweat, or an angle that's juuuuuuuuuuuust in the limit of showing their parts. Add motion to the scene and you would need to make the same for every single frame in every angle adding a ridiculous amount of work.

All that convenient censorship from the manga was most likely to follow the magazine/website guidelines (pushing the limits quite far), perhaps the anime is a way to go all out as they intended all along

Thankfully we have both the manga and the anime, and most likely a voice drama and LN in the future because Japan loves doing that

last edited at Jan 22, 2024 10:34PM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Does anyone find the character's voice stranger than other anime? Like this anime is set in Osaka. And Kiwi's voice is not what I expected. Still moe, but I think Kiwi's voice should be higher, more stubborn and more aggressive than.this

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, not a fan of the anime's voice direction

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Product placement AND story advancement, that's a pro for you.

joined May 3, 2014

I’m still bothered by Magenta La verita :/ it feels like one of thous garbage hentai mental corruption cuz how can we force an character to stick her fingers in her pussy in from of every one! and every one pretends it never happen cauz she forgets going sex maniac!

last edited at Jan 25, 2024 12:05AM

joined Jul 22, 2014

I have to ask are they doing any physical release for this series? Its looks to be all digital.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I’m still bothered by Magenta La verita :/ it feels like one of thous garbage hentai mental corruption cuz how can we force an character to stick her fingers in her pussy in from of every one! and every one pretends it never happen cauz she forgets going sex maniac!

I think that's kind of the point. They've already pointed out it's a false La Verita due to Baiser accidentally poisoning it with darkness. They've even brought up the possibility of correcting it a few times because Baiser is personally ashamed of having done that because it's so out of character

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

weaponized ASMR? huh.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That awkward moment when the author makes you think it's just one of those standalone breather chapters, but it turns out to be part of the ongoing story arc instead.

Also, my Baiser x Azul ship keeps sinking, largely thanks to Leo being such an amazing partner for the former. :-(

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oh shit. One minute you think "goofy chapter" and then the plot!

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Ah... Utena, what did you think would happen if you put the other two out of commission...

I dunno what's up with one of the previous posters saying this series has little to no value without the ecchi bits. Are we reading the same manga about a girl being way too fangirly over her favorite genre to the point she kinda fucks up and breaks her favorite genre conventions sometimes or? Like an obscene amount of gore would also fit the bill.

last edited at Jan 25, 2024 10:12AM

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

That awkward moment when the author makes you think it's just one of those standalone breather chapters, but it turns out to be part of the ongoing story arc instead.

Also, my Baiser x Azul ship keeps sinking, largely thanks to Leo being such an amazing partner for the former. :-(

DONT GIVE UP, DONT JINX IT, ITS OVER WHEN ITS OVER THERES STILL HOPE

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Ah... Utena, what did you think would happen if you put the other two out of commission...

Exactly this, I believe.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I'm pleasantly surprised that they went the route of having one of them just completely unaffected by the ASMR. As a similar type of person, it was a nice touch.

To reply you must either login or sign up.