Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

I haven't read anything to do with these two idiots for years, finally open up a chapter and find that they're still going strong

them being together for so long is kind of annoying ngl

Sachi_say
joined Feb 21, 2023

There is significant lack of Yamada in this "Yamada and Kase-san" story.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

The arc is finally over! (hopefully) This does actually mark a pretty big moment though: I think this is the first time in the entire series that Kase has actually willingly come out to someone. In the first series, it's mentioned that Inoue had to basically drag the details out of her, and even still Kase first introduced Yamada to Inoue as just a "friend". So that's something.

However many pages we have left before they round out current volume though better be pure diabetes-inducing sweetness to make up for the absolute slog that was this arc though. Here's hoping the next one is better, whatever it is.

joined Mar 4, 2017

They're finally living together.

Only took 11 years.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The coming out reveal was nice, and smile was cute. I now need fluffy healing time for at least some number of chapters going forward

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Fukami, realizing that Kase was willing to bet her moving in with her girlfriend on their race, realizes that she dodged a bullet. She'll find someone else.

Or something. Not much self-reflection over the events of this arc, at least Kase telling someone that Yamada is her girlfriend is a nice step. Now she'd better be extra cute and caring to reward Yamada's patience >:-)

joined Feb 22, 2023

"like we'd ever fight" are you dumb? i hope yall break up within a year

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Only took 11 years.

You just murdered me by reminding me how long I've been following this series...

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Only took 11 years.

I... I didn't even realize that it's been that long since the first oneshot came out

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

FINALLYYY ITS OVERRR

Let's get back to the wholesomeness PLEASE

Quantum Sufficit
Gaychidori
joined Sep 18, 2023

"like we'd ever fight" are you dumb? i hope yall break up within a year

At this point the author is just taking the piss at our expense. Like that felt a little bit too specific lol

Honestly that coming out was depressingly real. "I didn't know if you'd accuse me of molesting you so I waited until I moved out." Ok Kase. What a crazy amount of trust to have in your """best friend""". It's not like you had a year to figure out if she was homophobic... oh wait.

I will now proceed to lobotomize myself in order to forget this whole arc and enjoy the domestic goodness. If the manga doesn't end in two chapters, of course. Then I'll eat hot chip and cry.

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

Honestly that coming out was depressingly real. "I didn't know if you'd accuse me of molesting you so I waited until I moved out." Ok Kase. What a crazy amount of trust to have in your """best friend""". It's not like you had a year to figure out if she was homophobic... oh wait.

To be honest, I don't know why you are being such a Negative Nancy. I think the coming out part was a nice touch to the moving out. It didn't look like Kase only told Fukami because she was moving out and was wussing out.

More than anything, I think Kase just really wanted Fukami to know why moving out was so important to her. That she had a lover she was going to live with and she was serious about it. And yes, Kase may have made a dumb decision to put it on the line. But in the end she really did give Fukami a straightforward answer, which is always good for closure.

last edited at Jan 24, 2024 12:59AM

joined Jun 16, 2023

What a crazy amount of trust to have in your """best friend""". It's not like you had a year to figure out if she was homophobic... oh wait.

Not her best friend. Hardly a friend at all. Just her randomly-assigned roommate that she doesn't even seem to have that much social interaction with or know that well. And they're both closeted, so I doubt either one of them wanted to broach the subject.

maidenlessclaire
Rkkixs_v_400x400
joined Feb 16, 2023

Okay I actually didn't expect her to come out there so that's actually a pleasant surprise. I absolutely hated the last arc but Kase coming out like that does seem to suggest some small level of growth and hopefully we'll get a little bit of fluffy cohabitation before the next upsetting thing happens.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Well, glad that mess is over with. On to Kase's next screw-up!

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

What a crazy amount of trust to have in your """best friend""". It's not like you had a year to figure out if she was homophobic... oh wait.

her "best friend" that she hasnt even told who she was dating this whole time lol. is this writing forreal?

last edited at Dec 12, 2023 5:59AM

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Kase, don't. Please don't. AT LEAST SAVE THAT ONE FOR YOUR WEDDING NIGHT!!

20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Honestly, I'm not sure what's with all the negative comments about the last chapter. I mean, I'll admit that this arc annoyed me as well and I'm not going to defend it; but I think y'all are going a little overboard.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

sigh this arc is finally over!

Quantum Sufficit
Gaychidori
joined Sep 18, 2023

Look it's not like I'm trying to be the bad guy here, but she just told this girl, who is supposedly her best friend and who she has been living with for a year, that she had a girlfriend this whole time and she never said a word because she was scared she would treat her like a creep. That's just mean.

It doesn't help that Fukami has essentially been strung along by someone who she thought was single. If you see this from her perspective, she was just earnestly trying to get Kase's attention (in a socially awkward jock way, but still) and suddenly how she acts in this arc feels a lot less annoying.

It's unfortunate that this nice, important moment for both of their characters gets overshadowed by the poor writing. Frankly, if I were Fukami I would be piiiissed. Not at Kase, of course, she is perfect and amazing and can never do any wrong. Probably at Yamada though, she just has a very punchable face.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

It doesn't help that Fukami has essentially been strung along by someone who she thought was single. If you see this from her perspective, she was just earnestly trying to get Kase's attention (in a socially awkward jock way, but still) and suddenly how she acts in this arc feels a lot less annoying.

I kind of agree. Fukami probably thought she had to hide her feelings because the one she loves is a girl, and she probably was afraid to come out, on top of fearing that she would ruin her relationship with Kase, superficial as it may have seemed. It must be devastating for her to find out that her crush was into girls the literal moment she is leaving.

It's unfortunate that this nice, important moment for both of their characters gets overshadowed by the poor writing. Frankly, if I were Fukami I would be piiiissed. Not at Kase, of course, she is perfect and amazing and can never do any wrong. Probably at Yamada though, she just has a very punchable face.

Does Fukami even know who Yamada is?

last edited at Dec 12, 2023 10:24AM

joined Jul 8, 2020

I think this chapter is nice, and good closure for Fukami. Idk why people complain about the coming out part. I mean, even if Kase consider Fukami as her best friend, that doesn't make coming out easier. I think for this case, the timing for Kase's coming out is good enough, like, if Fukami can take it then all good, but if Fukami can't take it and creeped out then at least Kase already moving out (things won't get too awkward) so win win solution for Kase.

I don't think that this arc is that bad at all. How Fukami act might looks annoying at times but she's not a bad kid. I think she's just doesn't realize her feelings and unconsciously getting jealous that make her act a little bit annoying at times. What truly annoy me is the obvious lack of understanding communication between Kase and Yamada. Lots of the annoying stuff happening usually because both Kase and Yamada didn't communicate well with each other. I hope next arc would highlight that problem.

last edited at Dec 12, 2023 10:21AM

20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Look it's not like I'm trying to be the bad guy here, but she just told this girl, who is supposedly her best friend and who she has been living with for a year, that she had a girlfriend this whole time and she never said a word because she was scared she would treat her like a creep. That's just mean.

I mean, that's a pretty reasonable (and common) fear for someone in the LGBT community, that someone that thought they could trust would do a complete 180° on them and become actively hostile. Forget friends, it's even happened in family. I have cousins who are LGBT, and I have relatives who suddenly shifted to looking down on them when they stopped hiding themselves.

Kase has done a LOT of stupid things this arc - a LOT- but for Kase to be worried about losing someone she considers a friend over something that still continues to be divisive for the intolerant? Not just losing them, but risking them possibly becoming actively hostile? Nah, THAT is reasonable. And real.

last edited at Dec 12, 2023 11:07AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I haven't read anything to do with these two idiots for years, finally open up a chapter and find that they're still going strong

them being together for so long is kind of annoying ngl

Weirdo energy

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Everyone’s so triggered lol. Lots of gumdrops can get boring. Gotten have conflict from time to time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.