Forum › Posts by Old_Man_Majes

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Indeed Yuzu. Kissing your homie is totally normal BFF behavior.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

At least the king is trying to murder her himself, rather than delegating to lackies?

Still, think it's high time for a coup.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I can definitely see why this won the award! It was super cute, sweet, and funny. I had to stop and catch my breath after seeing the Edison yukata, I was laughing so hard. XD

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

New girl shows up, her name is Korone, and she works in a bakery. Hm... yubi yubi

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

The flashbacks reminded me of Mashiro's illness. What ... happened to that? Like, I don't need death flags or hospital visits or anything, just some indication that she's still a somewhat sickly person instead of being like "she had a bit of time off school and now she's in perfect health and we'll never speak of this again".

During the chapter when Nagisa had the flu, Mashiro was prevented from even a quick sick visit because of the risk of her catching it with her condition. She's also been shown to have separate PE lessons, where she does more low-impact activities, presumably as part of some doctor-prescribed physical therapy routine.

I'll grant it's not much, but at least it's something, lol. Her condition has always been kind of vague and ill defined.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Oooooo an interloper! Okay, prediction time:

I'm guessinggggg, she's someone from the same middle school as Nagisa who admired her for being the serious model student and stuff. But now Nagisa looks all flashy, so the First year thinks it's Mashiro's bad influence leading Nagisa astray and tries to "pull her back to the right path". Or smth along those lines~

Yeah, this is my guess too. I kinda doubt she's being introduced as a potential love rival; I think she's the girl who was shown in chapter 24 for one panel, and if she was there to witness Nagisa princess carrying Mashiro off the stage, then there's no way she could seriously think she has a shot. XD

Nagisa mentioned in the first chapter that she cut off all contact with her friends from middle school, so this new girl has got a lot to catch up on. She's also always been pretty straightforward and assertive, so I kinda doubt she'll seriously entertain anything this girl is saying in regards to distancing herself from Mashiro.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

This is a battle manga now.

And I'm totally here for it.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Tsukushi with that unintentional rizz, keeping Hinoka on her toes. That's certainly one way to keep a relationship from getting stale, lol.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Takamine this chapter:

Going to school: I sleep.

Seeing (future) girlfriend on the train: real shit.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Yamada san and Kase san.. I hope that I'll be able to see the after uni life: maybe the part when they come out from uni and start a working life.. and maybe there will be mid-life.. I really hope they will stay together with each other..

Well, if it keeps up the current pacing, they should graduate in about...20 years XD.

I do wish we had more stories that operated over a larger timescale though. I recently learned of a manga series called Shima Kōsaku that's about a fictional Japanese salaryman, and the series covers his life and career over several decades. It's been going continually since 1983, and covers from his early 30s to currently his 70s, and there's prequel spin-offs that go all the way back to his college years. Most series only span ~3 years at most, but I think it would be neat if we had more stories like that, where we see characters actually grow and age.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

The older sister is part bloodhound, apparently.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Yodokawa says the story is coming to its conclusion. Should be done by the end of the year--which means a few more chapters. This should be the final arc/push. I figured as much but nice to get some confirmation and to set proper expectations.

Dang, that's kind of a shame; this series is so relaxing, I could keep reading about Asako and Miyako forever.

I think there's 4 more chapters to finish out the volume? So I'm guessing that's probably where it'll end. I'm hoping we'll see Miyako's parents before the end.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I'm back at reading this book once again!!! I think it was 2022 when I first read it??? It's been a while since the newest update, I wonder if we're getting more~~ ❤️❤️❤️, this book will always have a spot deep in my heart!! Thanks for both scanlator and Kobachi Ruka!! <333

It's been a while since it's updated here, but another group picked it up and is posting updates to Mangadex. It's up to chapter 147 there. They're pretty good about releasing a new chapter every couple of weeks. Hopefully those chapters make their way here at some point.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Yuu out here keeping it real.

Although a double date is fun too. I'm all aboard Tsukushi's emotional rollercoaster.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Here I thought I might have finally started to learn how to play Mahjong thanks to My Time at Sandrock, only for this chapter to come out and humble me immensely. I understood exactly 0% of what they were talking about with the 3P Mahjong.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Is this series going to change from Kirara to Comic Fuz? I saw a mention of Comic Fuz in chapter 40, page 2. And what is Comic Fuz? A web magazine that synthesizes many types of manga (I see on its website that there are quite a few series that are being published in other magazines like Slow Start, or have been completely transferred to its website like Yuru Camp), or does it also release traditional paper magazines?

I'm pretty sure Comic Fuz is just the publisher Houbunsha's online manga service. It's similar to how Shueisha has Mangaplus/Jump Plus: there's a good catalog of digital exclusives, which are only published on the site, but they also publish the series from their physical magazines there (which in the case of Houbunsha, would be the various Manga Time labels, including the Manga Time Kirara family of magazines).

I think the mention of Comic Fuz on the title pages is just the publisher advertising to try and drive traffic to the site; if I'm reading it right, it's just saying that new chapter parts update on the site every Saturday.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Cute little chapter to cap off their first year. Looks like the new couple from the Valentine's Day chapter might have gotten promoted to full supporting cast status? I'd be happy if so; I like them, and it'll be nice to have another established couple in the mix.

Also, this chapter is totally foreshadowing that Mashiro and Nagisa are going to be in different classes next year, aren't they? If so, I feel like Mashiro is not going to take it well. XD

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

D'aww. These two dorks are too precious.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

A new Usui Shio series?

It's an honor student x (sort of) delinquent pairing?

And it's a fake dating plot?

I'll take the whole stock.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I love this series so much. Something about it just hits all the right notes for me.

Ema looking strangely happy to hear that Takara is single...

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

And just like that, my sympathy for the childhood friend is gone.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Phew, crisis averted

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I do wish we got more time with the main couple. They don't even appear in most of these chapters now.

I think the author is more interested in budding relationships than in couple life. Nagisa and Mashiro's romance arc has effectively ended in volume 3, and there has been little dramatic potential in them since (except maybe for Mashiro's health worsening dramatically, but I do not think the story will ever go that dark). Barring that, I think we will be treated with occasional bits of overwhelming cuteness from those two, but the series' main focus seems to be on "side" couples from now on.

It's definitely plausible, though I'm not fully convinced on this yet. Volumes 4 & 5 were still primarily focused on Nagisa and Mashiro, after all. I think the next few chapters are going to be telling on this front: with the love polygon now largely detangled, and Uda x Riri being the only yet-to-be couple remaining, the creator would need to start introducing new characters if they want to keep following budding relationships. And they have a perfect opportunity to do just that with the new school year, so it'll be interesting to see if that's the route they go. Maybe we'll finally learn something about the girl that was randomly highlighted during the cultural festival.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

What do we figure the odds are that that husband murdered his wife, and that's why she's missing?

Would be kinda funny if ends up being a misunderstanding though. Like if the wife ghosted him too, and he's hoping Ai would have a lead on where she is, and he only looks so menacing due to resting bitch face.

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Is the manga on break?

It was on break last month, yeah. Apparently the creator caught Covid and the flu back to back in December, at least according to some comments I've seen that supposedly came from her Fanbox. It was only a one month break though, so the next chapter should come out soon-ish.

last edited at Feb 24, 2024 1:26PM