Forum › Still Sick discussion

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Well they really shoved the drama in this chapter, to the point that it's even stated out loud by old mangaka, "sorry for making you feel awkward with all this sudden drama!"

I think the argument is pretty dumb, if she resented her for doing manga for fun then I would get it, I don't see how she "messed" with her though by complimenting her manga and helping out selling it. The whole exchange with her being like lol you sweet summer child just felt really odd to me

I just wanted her to be super gay for her as a hardcore Yuri fan/old mangaka, none of this sad childhood backstory angst

Not everything a person says is necessarily true. It is more likely she just wanted create space for herself via the easiest and most effective method that came to mind in the moment. It's easier to run from a situation if nobody comes chasing you.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well this chapter was very confusing. I have no clue anymore what her real motive is. I'm fine with character not always telling the truth, but what is not funny is when in single chapter you get so many contradictions, you can't believe anything they say and you need to wait for next chapter to specifically tell you what the hell is actually going on.

joined Dec 28, 2016

You sweet summer child is that GOT reference :) ?

Added by the translator yes. This translation pulls in all sorts of western references and is somewhat localized.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Added by the translator yes. This translation pulls in all sorts of western references and is somewhat localized.

And with that it loses a full half of its standing in my eyes. Shoehorning nonexistent references and whatnot is one of the many marks of a shitty translator.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Well this chapter was very confusing. I have no clue anymore what her real motive is. I'm fine with character not always telling the truth, but what is not funny is when in single chapter you get so many contradictions, you can't believe anything they say and you need to wait for next chapter to specifically tell you what the hell is actually going on.

I think what Maekawa said throughout the chapter was true, and she was using the last bit as a way to run away from her past yet again, without getting Shimizu involved in it. She is still bothered by the fact that she can no longer create mangas like she used to, and it's up to Shimizu to bring her back to a place where she is happy with herself; all while Maekawa falls for Shimizu more and more. If anything, it makes stuff a little clearer for me.

The next few chapters will make it clear to us how much drama is going to be a part of this manga, on a scale of 0 to Citrus.

joined Mar 5, 2016

And with that it loses a full half of its standing in my eyes. Shoehorning nonexistent references and whatnot is one of the many marks of a shitty translator.

i'm pretty sure that the phrase is older than game of thrones, tho any recent popularity may well be because of it.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

i'm pretty sure that the phrase is older than game of thrones, tho any recent popularity may well be because of it.

yeah i actually thought it was a way older phrase but apparently not? i'll do a v2 to change it bc i dont want to make a fucking got reference if thats actually the source lmao

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

yeah i actually thought it was a way older phrase but apparently not? i'll do a v2 to change it bc i dont want to make a fucking got reference if thats actually the source lmao

Well it gets the point across, so what's the harm where it came from?

Ugh, don’t forget all sorts of abuse, manipulation and long-term revenge plotting.

No "ugh", I fucking love that stuff. Momono Moto is great.

last edited at Jan 16, 2019 8:54PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Ugh, don’t forget all sorts of abuse, manipulation and long-term revenge plotting.

No "ugh", I fucking love that stuff. Momono Moto is great.

LOL, unfortunately, all of those elements are absent from Still Sick >:(

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh wow, I lost chapter 3.
Anyway, this was harsh.

joined Sep 14, 2017

Never really got into GoT, but I swear I heard the term as a kid. I think it was something my grandma would say rather often.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Well it gets the point across, so what's the harm where it came from?

mostly bc its shimizu who says all the dumb twitter/fandom lingo stuff! so it'd be kind of OOC for maekawa to say something that's like, specifically fandom linked, when all she means to say is 'you're so innocent lol'

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Huh... Interesting.

They continuously failed to communicate.

I haven't found the story contradictory. But I'm not making many assumptions about the characters motives.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Ugh...I love this.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Okay, they made up a lot faster than I expected. Which I really love, since normally, after a fight, there's at least one chapter where the couple (even though these two dorks aren't dating yet) spend time apart and are just angsting. But nope, not in this case!

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

No angst, and they fixed they problems fast...good, but, there is an advance, apparently Maekawa has hidden feelings for the glasses girl...this is so cool, it could birth a very good story

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sensei, you're so forceful kyaaaa

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Ugh...I love this.

ditto

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I really like the translation work here. It's quirky-funny, without being too awkward or memey, which is a very difficult thing to do. Makoto comes across like a character who's trying too hard to be funny, and not as though the writer is trying too hard to make her funny. I suppose that's due to her portrayal in the non translated work, but preserving that balance is a difficult task for sure. Kudos to Sexy Akiba Detectives for their excellent work here!

last edited at Feb 17, 2019 11:45PM

arandommangareader
joined Nov 10, 2018

"ah, uh, shit it's actually you" lmao this glasses dork is just simply incredible.
So good, it's so good to see a character who opens her mouth and talks to deal with things that are bothering her. Unlike tons of other mangas where characters stay quiet to create absurd drama.

last edited at Feb 17, 2019 11:59PM

Ed452a370d5d73ed7156feba5cbc6a02
joined Aug 9, 2011

Is that a Madoka reference on bottom right of page 5 LOL

joined Dec 18, 2016

i hope they heal each other

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Bless these dorks

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This made the drama from the chapter before a lot more lighthearted. I liked it.

Also, what she said about drawing and practice really touched me. Observe your environment, you can learn from the most boring of situations, you're drawing living things. I can read the love for drawing in those words. :')

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

This made the drama from the chapter before a lot more lighthearted. I liked it.

Also, what she said about drawing and practice really touched me. Observe your environment, you can learn from the most boring of situations, you're drawing living things. I can read the love for drawing in those words. :')

Lol, I was about to criticize that dialogue, but seeing that someone liked it ended up changing my mind (guess it works, then).

To reply you must either login or sign up.