Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

"Not a single Yuri anime in the summer season!"
"What are you saying?"
"It's over, there's nothing.."

"They're definitely idiots."

Don't call us idiots!!

Oh, you mean Aoi and Ouka! .... I knew that.

joined Mar 3, 2017

You'll find debates like this everywhere, blopa. Most of us "Yuri fans" have side jobs as "yuri nitpickers" too. Sure it's not glamorous, but someone's gotta do it.

last edited at Oct 10, 2017 1:10PM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

This is so dumb...

... everyone knows that Ane and Big Breast are the winning combination!! A gentle onee-sama with generous bossom, exuding grace and elegance with each move. Charming and doting with a mischievous side which only will show to her beloved imouto.
The best! The absolute best!! shakes hands in the air

joined Oct 24, 2015

This is so dumb...

... everyone knows that Ane and Big Breast are the winning combination!! A gentle onee-sama with generous bossom, exuding grace and elegance with each move. Charming and doting with a mischievous side which only will show to her beloved imouto.
The best! The absolute best!! shakes hands in the air

I see you are a wizzard of culture

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I didn't know ane are suppose to be the grow up sister and imouto are suppose to be the little sister o.o but this was pretty funny xDDD

Ane and nee are mostly older sister though you can use ane for just sister in general. If you want to make it clear that just sister is meant you put ane + imouto together and get shimai (the onyomi - Chinese pronunciation - for the two characters 姉妹). In Chinese it's the same characters, similar pronunciation, you write 姉妹 Zǐ + mèi for sisters, Zǐmèi. The only difference is, Chinese usually doubles up Zǐzǐ for older sister, mèimei for younger, and japanese leaves them singular with 姉 ane and 妹 imouto (the kunyomi or Japanese pronunciation of the kanji). I am studying Chinese, mostly Taiwanese dialect, coming from having learned a lot of Japanese, with a friend who's Taiwanese now studying Japanese. 姉 = ane, shi. 妹=imouto, mai.

Brothers are the same, ani (kyou) + otouto (dai) = kyoudai, and of course, it's similar in Chinese xiong + di = xiongdi

joined Mar 15, 2017

though you can use ane for just sister in general.

Not really.

If you want to make it clear that just sister is meant you put ane + imouto together and get shimai

That's sisters. You can use it to say that girls are sisters, but you can't use it to say that a girl is a boy's sister.

joined Mar 3, 2017

^what would the word for that be? :3

joined Mar 15, 2017

In practice you either say they're siblings (kyoudai) or you refer to her as a younger sister or older sister.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dynasty's forum in a nutshell.

last edited at Oct 10, 2017 2:02PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

^ Wrong, they aren't acting like complete jack-asses typing giant 5-10 paragraph essay's on why someone has "shit-taste" in Yuri.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This is boring.

Uninteresting.

Oh the irony :>

If this helps you sleep at night, then sure :3

joined Mar 3, 2017

In practice you either say they're siblings (kyoudai) or you refer to her as a younger sister or older sister.

Cool. :3

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Kurin

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

What's next? Tomboi vs Ojousama? Yandere and kuudere? gyaru x hime? delinquent x seitokaicho?

Seitokaicho ojousama is a trope I almost never fail to adore.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

meh, never was one for defining characters by rigid archetypes or pigeonholing them into a series of traits like this
besides premise is flawed because adult life is the best tag on here anyway

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

This, I can definitively relate to.

last edited at Oct 10, 2017 11:52PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Seitokaicho ojousama is a trope I almost never fail to adore.

Loli student council president that nobody takes seriously but everybody humors in a vaguely patronizing way is clearly superior.

There, now we're like the manga.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

besides premise is flawed because adult life is the best tag on here anyway

No lies detected.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Dynasty's forum in a nutshell.

Are these feelings wrong tho

joined Oct 10, 2016

Meh. One ecchi chapter and then just stupid talks. I'm outta here.

Haha was wondering why they didn't just talk about. The lack of yuri anime to begin with... XD

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Haha was wondering why they didn't just talk about. The lack of yuri anime to begin with... XD

For girls who are sexually attracted to girls and into anime, they seem oddly uninterested in yuri (or romance of any kind, minus Aimi, who presumably hasn't been corrupted by the the 2D world). It's probably because they're just so into fanservice that they don't care about the details as long as there's sexy shots of anime girls.

joined Jun 30, 2015

King Crimson. The World

Oh my side xD

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

Doesn't this need an Ecchi tag?

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Eh this Manga went from dumb fun to just dumb for me. Each chapter seems pretty formulaic and dialogue is just plain boring. Not all yuri Manga has to be deep or meaningful but this one is painfully shallow, easy drop.

To reply you must either login or sign up.